PDA

View Full Version : Kicked - Patch 190?

Riddle
13-11-14, 23:09
Got kicked off server, now DL patch 190 to connect? What's in patch 190 and why no announcement?!

Alduin
13-11-14, 23:18
I fucked up... I patched the wrong server... Messed up with my server bookmarks...

The patch contains a fix for the death after sync bug + the sanctum overcast bug

Dasore
13-11-14, 23:22
damn, that fix sounds super... ll it stay on the server or are you downgrading now?

Riddle
13-11-14, 23:23
Thanks! Shit happens, thought I was going mad :D

Big rework? Or be up later?

SteveJinx
13-11-14, 23:38
Everyone is advised, if you have not yet downloaded the patch then dont. We are waiting for further instructions of whats going to happen. Anyone who has downloaded the patch already hang tight and prepared to be kicked off the server many times until the issue is solved. Hopefully the dev's can fix it without too much damage. The patch that people have downloaded was meant to be relased onto the test server and not the retail server. This is due to a mistake with server bookmarks.

Alduin
14-11-14, 00:04
Everyone is advised, if you have not yet downloaded the patch then dont. We are waiting for further instructions of whats going to happen. Anyone who has downloaded the patch already hang tight and prepared to be kicked off the server many times until the issue is solved. Hopefully the dev's can fix it without too much damage. The patch that people have downloaded was meant to be relased onto the test server and not the retail server. This is due to a mistake with server bookmarks.

Are there any issues with people being kicked off due to this patch? If not, then patch to R190! Else we will need a R191 patch (just to be on the safe side it has already been prepared). However we would like to avoid going back to the R189 state if possible (meaning: if the patch works as intended).

I See Blue
14-11-14, 00:08
Longest I´ve managed to be in game is about 10-15 seconds before I get kicked. Server is at 0% at the moment.

SteveJinx
14-11-14, 00:09
People are saying (on TS anyway) that they cannot get on the server, the server is at 0% so not sure if people are able to get into game.

´Clayton
14-11-14, 00:12
Server seems to be stable now! At least I dont get kicked after 20 seconds anymore.

Bifrost
14-11-14, 00:12
Ok sorry for the screw-up Alduin did get the wrong server, this patch should had been on a different test server.

What we are going to do is do a new patch R#191 which will revert the changes back to R#189.

Again apologises for Alduin's slightly faulty bookmarks, we will fix it soon.

´Clayton
14-11-14, 00:18
Ok now I got kicked again or server is down.

SteveJinx
14-11-14, 00:19
Ok sorry for the screw-up Alduin did get the wrong server, this patch should had been on a different test server.

What we are going to do is do a new patch R#191 which will revert the changes back to R#189.

Again apologises for Alduin's slightly faulty bookmarks, we will fix it soon.

Ok hopefully things go well and fingers crossed it reverts everything thats been done. Good going Alduin :P jokes. It is a common mistake that can be made. It is good that we have such a good team working along side each other to quikcly fix issues that occur like this.

Keep up the good work guys!

SteveJinx
14-11-14, 00:20
I have downloaded the patch and clicked on launch afterwards. Not sure if it installed itself tbh. The cp000190.pat is still in my game directory, but I can play without being kicked over and over.

This to me shows that you have the patch installed, but they are in the process of doing another patch to revert the changes that were done with patch #190. So it will just revert the changes and should be able to play again.

Riddle
14-11-14, 00:21
I can get on (patched 190) but not for longer than 10-15 seconds before sync and kick

Bifrost
14-11-14, 00:44
Ok the server is back - we have released patch R#191 which reverts the changes back to R#189.

Again sorry for releasing the wrong patch to live instead of test.

Edit: Just to clarify - you do not need to re-install - you just need to let the patcher do the work, so please patch R#190 and R#191 it does not matter if you already patched to R#190 by accident.

Torg
14-11-14, 00:48
that was quick. i just wish all software would patch to normal in minutes.

Riddle
14-11-14, 01:24
Thanks for the quick fix lads

Dropout
14-11-14, 01:58
Ok hopefully things go well and fingers crossed it reverts everything thats been done. Good going Alduin :P jokes. It is a common mistake that can be made. It is good that we have such a good team working along side each other to quikcly fix issues that occur like this.

Keep up the good work guys!
Common mistake? At my work (of 4 years) I have access to more than 3000 servers..
I have never installed anything on "the wrong server" :p

EDIT:
At least the response time and fix for this error was very quick. Much, MUCH faster than before the volunteer team started!

ancient
14-11-14, 03:19
Woo two new patches (loflz)