PDA

View Full Version : Toxikk Gameplay Footage

Ascension
09-11-14, 08:33
You guys might be aware of Reakktor's FPS game they're working on 'Toxikk'

Just been having a look round their website and found a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_xu_DUEbs#t=115

Love the grunge feel to the map, kinda how I'd imagine neocron to look if it was made today.

lawless
09-11-14, 11:23
They have jetpacks 8|

Well I look forward to play Toxikk, though I do not think it will catch me like Neocron did more than a decade ago. There are some neat ideas in there what I believe will become standard (like walljumping and the jetpack I mentioned), although there is already 'better' movement in Urbanterror. Single player games had it much earlier too, guess it just took the developer of multiplayer games a lot longer to integrate those features and tune the netcode, so it does not backfire.

Yet another MMOFPS? We'll see. My optimal game would be Neocron with a decent engine, rich movement features like Urbanterror, combined with the speed of Toxikk and the playeramount of WoW. I wish MJS another fine success :)

Drachenpaladin
09-11-14, 16:04
Well I look forward to play Toxikk, though I do not think it will catch me like Neocron did more than a decade ago.

How can someone compare an Arena FPS with a MMORPGFPS... ?!

Does... not... compute...

lawless
09-11-14, 19:12
Same as i compare cars, even if one is a sportscar and another a family van. I compare the stuff I want, i.e. mileage, engine reliability, seats, mileage and so on.

Yes, one is completely different than the other, yet my needs stay the same :P

Riddle
09-11-14, 19:32
Well I gotta say the environment featured on this level with its bladerunner esc feel, multi level format is certainly reminisc of Neocron. And certainly what I would expect a future incarnation to look like, shame it's not an mmo!

hatmankh
10-11-14, 07:02
Well I gotta say the environment featured on this level with its bladerunner esc feel, multi level format is certainly reminisc of Neocron. And certainly what I would expect a future incarnation to look like, shame it's not an mmo!

I felt exactly the same way watching the video, I guess an mmo would be too expensive and risky for them. I doubt I'll ever play Toxikk but I hope it does well.

slith
11-11-14, 14:05
The console FOV is certainly not "back to the roots" and definitly not "designed exlusively for PC". Other than that it kinda looks promising - like a Unreal Tournament 3 that is not shitty. And Reakktor do have a talent for cyberpunk asthetics.

‡ Stormlord ‡
11-11-14, 22:15
Looks like another temporarily fun game but Neocron is permanent fun, so you guys better stay with us hehe

Morpheus
21-11-14, 17:55
Neocron would look quite horny in that suite.

In fact, i can see Nc-style artwork within Toxikk. Just look at that rifle, could be a Nc Laser Rifle 2014 ;)

Drachenpaladin
21-11-14, 19:13
In fact, i can see Nc-style artwork within Toxikk. Just look at that rifle, could be a Nc Laser Rifle 2014 ;)

Pff, not just the rifle, the helmet of the Exon-guy is the spiting image of the Tank PA.