PDA

View Full Version : original neocron

dinwitty
01-11-14, 03:48
Just back after long time away, recalled this game and had Dled the offline demo, and nabbed the client (1st time Dling a full gig too!) Is the original Neocron running anywhere or has it shifted to Neocron 2 (IE is N2 more like a tech upgrade from N1 but still uses much of the N1 themes, locations, etc?)
I'm grabbing the N2 client just finding it went F2p, I have never gotten into its gameplay at all so I am still as curious as when it first came out.

Just found I had also already registered on this forum years ago but this is my first post here...HAR!

2004, wow 10 years...1st post...

Drachenpaladin
01-11-14, 03:58
We... the game mainly received more content with the expansion to Neocron 2. Graphics and technology don't seem to have improved too far tho i think the team currently operating the game is working on that.

Riddle
01-11-14, 15:24
Hi runner, time flys!

so iirc Nc2 launched with some substantial changes and content, having played for so many years myself it all tends to blend into one!! Nc1 is a distant memory and only a few of us really remember the days of pistol wielding tanks!( when none if us knew what the hell to do or use)

Neocron 2:
Not only added an entirely be city (the dome) it also split all faction to a red vs blue approach with the new city (the dome) for the anti city to live in. ( since scrapped, for a return to faction based play, which I think was the right decision as we moved back to more immersive and depth if gameplay from factions - shops, apartments etc. Now removed in place of faction war zones so you can still visit!)
Technical upgrade of engine from dx7 to dx9,later exploited in the nc2.2 evolution with graphical upgrades, remodelled weapons and character skins.
hackers got hacknet, a virtual world to explore and gather new items via hacking databases.
flying vehicles were added and although somewhat buggy, snipers could now reach some pretty cool vantage points via use of a glider.

customisable apartments, trophies to collect, DOY tunnels, regents, etc.... loads really added from the nc1 days. Although I miss Pepper park being littered with backpacks!!(now removed)

You can scan the patch notes here, http://wiki.techhaven.org/Patch_Notes for further insights. Techaven and linked Wiki are great sources of information. Good luck in game!