PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Corruption

heywood
01-09-14, 06:04
Trying to do research missions on a new TG character, nothing fancy, tl80 normal research missions. A full 30% were corrupted.
I'd accept the mission and instead of pointing me to one of the 2 npc's on the first floor to get the mission details from it showed nothing. I approached them anyway & was rebuffed, but it always shows the mission terminus npc on the 3rd floor. I put in a bug report early on but heard nothing. My longest streak was 9 missions in a row that were corrupt. Every aborted mission also deducts credits.

Is this a common occurrence?

ancient
02-09-14, 13:55
For some factions there are two sets of npc's you'll have to get the mission info from, I'm not sure if this is the case for TG, but for example CM, two are right next to the terms, and the other two are in a diferant zone, so the npc tags do not appear until you are in the correct zone.

It's worth checking this isn't what's happening. It's been so long since I've had a TG char I couldn't tell you if this was the case, but knowing TG HQ is on several levels, I would guess this is the case.

If you actually read the mission that's given to you on the F8 key, then it should tell you which zone you need to go to ...

heywood
08-09-14, 00:28
I know what you mean. I too have been through the hell that is doing missions in city admin hq being that they are separated by 2 grav lifts & 2 floors. It's moot now as I just soldiered on until I finally finished. The way TG hq is laid out it it 3 zones stacked vertically.
You get the missions from either of 2 npc's on the 1st floor & finish them with either of 2 on the lowest 3rd floor.
When I'd get these corrupt missions I'd look every where just to be sure, i'd zone within hq, zone outside, log off & on again.
There was no hidden npc someplace outside in the canyon to find or on any of the 3 floors.
At least they were a low TL mission so it was not costly to abort them but it's safe to say I will not be doing any tl150 missions there since i might spend more aborting them then completing them