PDA

View Full Version : Ref; Crafting?

TomKnollRFV
11-08-14, 18:09
I haven't played in a while so I've candidly forgotten..

How do I use my recycler to make ammo? I've got loads of junk, so how do I turn it into ammo?

Drachenpaladin
11-08-14, 18:32
You need a Recycle Tool from Crytons Tech Tools (or your local trader equivalent) that covers the tech level of the item you want to recycle, junk to convert... and a sample of the item you want to clone. For ammo and consumables the TL55 tool is sufficient.

Put those things in the processor and hit start. Order doesn't really matter, the processor usually sorts everything itself if everything necessary for a process is there. But usually its Tool, Sample, Junk.
The junk for conversion should have a sufficient TL. As a rule of thumb: if it has any use, as an implant, item part or similar, its not usable for recycling. (There are some exceptions, like food or item parts but don't mind that for now.)
If you get an error message you will either need better or simply more junk.

That should cover ammo recycling, more to read:
http://www.techhaven.org/resources/tradeskill-guides/recycling-guide.html

TomKnollRFV
11-08-14, 18:34
Aha. Gotcha, need a 'sample' of what I want to convert :)

Drachenpaladin
11-08-14, 18:39
Aha. Gotcha, need a 'sample' of what I want to convert :)

Yep, although there are also some recipes for low-level items like armor or weapons for recycling, those don't need a sample as such.
You will find them in the THN item database if you are interrested.

TomKnollRFV
11-08-14, 18:42
Those I found, built the lazar pistol to replace my nail gun I musta crafted at some point. Now I'm stuck trying to remember where to go to sell tons of wood etc and old guns like my nailgun!

Drachenpaladin
11-08-14, 18:49
YO's is the place to go to get rid of everything unwanted, except maybe STD's or undesired pregnancy.
You can hit your NAVRAY for directions, the allbuyer should be in the trader directory.

Also, Tronic Parts are prolly the best junk for recycling, widely available and has a good TL, take care not to overload yourself on the results^^
Heal consumables and Boosters can be recycled as well, TL 36 should actually cover everything necessary, unless PSI BOOSTER 3 iirc.

TomKnollRFV
11-08-14, 19:05
Cheers :) I knew there was a junk vendor..

This brings me to 'how do I install weapon mods?'

I keep finding them, so how do I plug this laser onto my pistol? :)

Drachenpaladin
11-08-14, 19:16
Thats a job for a conster. However an item needs a mod slot for a mod. Those are the white little squares at the item thumbnail in the inventory.