PDA

View Full Version : Engineer/Constructor skill point setup?

Valandur
08-08-14, 02:41
I'm a returning player. So much has changed I might as well be a noob. :D. I rolled a Spy/Engineer and have been leveling him. But to be a constructor that can also fight, how do I arrange my skill points? I've looked for guides or info that might help but haven't found anything really.

Anybody have any tips on where I can put my points to be able to do trade skills and mobs/PvP?

Divide
08-08-14, 02:46
Not to be a complete dream killer, but that type of character will be really dysfunctional. It won't build well, or fight well.

If you must trade and PVP on the same char, poking and hacking are the only real choices you have.

Valandur
08-08-14, 03:07
Well I guess PvP would be asking too much. But what about PvE then?

I've got a tank that I can level up for PvP, or a PE.

Divide
08-08-14, 03:31
I suppose you could do a rifle spy build with really low weapon lore. Weapon lore gives you range though, so that could complicate things.

Not sure how PEs are post-patch. You can never go wrong with a tank though.

Nanook
08-08-14, 13:29
The usual set up for such character is a droner spy with just enough willpower that you can use the drones and rest of INT to construction. You'll be able to have enough CST to build the drones of your own level and be quite decent droner because the bulk of the drone's abilities are from remote control (RCL) and not from willpower.

pottburter
08-08-14, 14:36
It's possible to cst/pve decently with the proper setup of implants.
Played a character on Mars, and now on Titan, for years doing cst (200+), a bit ress (~80), repair, self-poking except 115 imps, ammo recycling and pve using top tl rare rifles.
The trading party relied heavily on gloves and sometimes drugs thou. Esp. poking.
PVP was a no-go. But stealth tools were great friends to dodge the meanies.

Also, every time you want to drop trading for a while and go hunting, or vice-versa, you'd have to completly change implants.

Valandur
08-08-14, 15:50
It's possible to cst/pve decently with the proper setup of implants.
Played a character on Mars, and now on Titan, for years doing cst (200+), a bit ress (~80), repair, self-poking except 115 imps, ammo recycling and pve using top tl rare rifles.
The trading party relied heavily on gloves and sometimes drugs thou. Esp. poking.
PVP was a no-go. But stealth tools were great friends to dodge the meanies.

Also, every time you want to drop trading for a while and go hunting, or vice-versa, you'd have to completly change implants.

So rifles, not pistols are a better way to go? I'd thought not having to put points into weapon lore would be better? But I admit that's a theoretical idea rather then something I've seen in practice.

pottburter
08-08-14, 16:22
You have to have Weapon Lore anyway. Otherwise you take ages for targeting.
Originally, I chose pistols as well, but their range got nerfed a lot with Evo 2.2, so I switched to rifles.

NAPPER
08-08-14, 20:14
So rifles, not pistols are a better way to go? I'd thought not having to put points into weapon lore would be better? But I admit that's a theoretical idea rather then something I've seen in practice.

It could work with the right imps but it would be slow at aiming, But then when you want to conster something you would have to remove them all to input your tradeskill imps

Make a 2nd Account buddy then you can transfer one to another and then you can have one main skill and in Conster you need that to get 5 slots unless you get a Clan that you can join that gives a +44 to conster if your in the op they own