PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Client

Darkfae
06-08-14, 08:42
I can't seem to log in to the server. This is my first time with this game. I meet all the requirements, but when I click the icon and click Play Neocron 2 it disappears and does nothing. Any ideas?

NAPPER
06-08-14, 09:09
I can't seem to log in to the server. This is my first time with this game. I meet all the requirements, but when I click the icon and click Play Neocron 2 it disappears and does nothing. Any ideas?

Try Running as Admin, if that doesnt work try reinstalling

yavimaya
06-08-14, 10:28
This thread may help you, hopefully.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?140582-Neocron-on-Windows-Vista-7-amp-8

Darkfae
06-08-14, 11:34
Tried changing the permissions, still couldn't connect beyond the patch. Tried uninstalling and re installing and changing the permissions to match admin and same thing can't get past pathc.

yavimaya
06-08-14, 12:35
did you install to /program files/ ?
if so change it to c:/neocron or similar.
GM's will likely be along to help soon.

Darkfae
07-08-14, 06:51
I installed it to C:/Games, but that was the default location when I ran the installer.

yavimaya
07-08-14, 07:25
can you post some actual info like operating system, computer components, etc?

Divide
07-08-14, 18:04
Usually failed launches are the result of D3D corruption. Try reinstalling DX9.

Darkfae
08-08-14, 07:02
I am running Windows 7 Home, AMD Athlon 2 P320 Dual-Core, 3GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4200 Series w/ 256MB RAM.

Dribble Joy
09-08-14, 16:12
256MB RAM.

Oh dude....

This might be an issue, but then the client didn't mention anything about running low on memory.

It's a long shot but look in the error1.log inside the logs folder in the neocron folder, might be something there to give us a hint.

Are you getting any message at all when the game fails to launch?

Divide
09-08-14, 19:20
Oh dude....

This might be an issue, but then the client didn't mention anything about running low on memory.

It's a long shot but look in the error1.log inside the logs folder in the neocron folder, might be something there to give us a hint.

Are you getting any message at all when the game fails to launch?

That's a 256mb GPU. Plenty more than NC requires.

Did you reinstall DX9 yet?

Darkfae
14-08-14, 11:10
No errors the client just closes and nothing after. I did reinstall DX9, still nothing.

Trivaldi
14-08-14, 11:50
First of all, welcome to the community! :) So sorry we've not stepped in to assist sooner.

Can I assume you have installed the game using the latest version of the client from http://www.neocron-game.com/client-download ?

When installing did you leave all of the options as default, including the installation of all prerequisites i.e. just hit next a bunch of times?

Darkfae
14-08-14, 11:59
The first time I installed yes, since then I have tried putting the folder straight to the C:/ directory. I have been wanting to play this for years and it is killing me I can never get it to work. :(

Trivaldi
14-08-14, 12:36
It doesn't sound like a permission error, this issue normally crops up when there is a problem with the prerequisites or they're missing.

Could you try installing the C++ Redistributable manually? To do so find your Neocron installation folder, navigate into the 'Redist' folder and run the vcredist_x86.exe file. Follow the wizard through selecting the relevant options (either install, or it may offer to repair) and try running the client again once that is complete.

To double check, am I correct in assuming you are always starting the game using the Neocron Launcher?

Darkfae
14-08-14, 12:51
Yes the launcher and I had already manually installed the C++ Redistributable.

I finally got it to work. My problem was using the launcher. I went into the folder and loaded the Client.exe and I am in!!!

Trivaldi
14-08-14, 13:48
I am pleased you're in game!

Please be aware that running the client directly from Client.exe is not recommended. Part of the launcher's role is to ensure that Client.exe always points to the correct location, it could be that you will not be able to connect in future when using Client.exe.

I've asked our resident installer expert to take a look into this thread when he is available, hopefully we can get you in game using supported methods in the future. For now though, enjoy your time in Neocron. :) If you have any issues in Character Creation, please drop an e-mail to helpdesk@neocron-game.com. There are some issues with creation at the moment due to behind the scenes stuff we're in the process of addressing.

Bifrost
14-08-14, 15:18
Hmm, a bit of an odd one.

First thing can I ask what happens when you run launcher.exe - does it come up with a window with latest news about the server?

And also what happens when you click "Play Neocron 2" Do you see the AutoUpdater window briefly popup and disappear?

Darkfae
15-08-14, 10:50
The launcher did run and it updated. I was also able to see the news like most games. When I click Play Neocron 2 the screen closes like it wants to launch the client, but nothing happens. Check my task manager and it isn't running in the background.

I was able to create my character and ran through the tutorial after I opened the client.exe.

Trivaldi
15-08-14, 11:05
On first run after patching (Launcher -> Play Neocron 2) were you presented with a hardware configuration window?

Darkfae
17-08-14, 00:27
Yes and I only changed the screen size to match what size I normally run 1024x768 I believe.