PDA

View Full Version : Blog: Balancing - the (near) future

Alduin
02-08-14, 16:27
Dear Runners,

it is time for the first official informations on the near future of the balancing project and a first few hints on phase two! You can find all this in the development blogs (http://www.neocron-game.com/development-updates). The informations are still scarce but more will follow soon(TM)!

Slauncha
Alduin

Torg
02-08-14, 17:36
\o/ .

MayhemMichael
02-08-14, 20:15
zoltan laptop
http://cdn1.tnwcdn.com/files/2010/10/Toshiba_T1100_In_Betrieb.jpg

aKe`cj
02-08-14, 20:43
zoltan laptop
[snip]

clearly a fake - that device has no windows key.

Zoltan
03-08-14, 09:31
clearly a fake - that device has no windows key.

You're right but this is not funny!

Please spend your time with more important things like testing our new server (http://insight.actapricot.org/insight/common/infact/shogun.htm)!

Thank you.

;p

Mortis
03-08-14, 19:18
now i know why the ping sucks...

William Antrim
03-08-14, 19:22
Too much soon(tm) in that blog for me. It got almost sarcastic at one point. I would have preferred a longer wait and some more concrete details as there isnt really much in there at all.

Its good to see implants being worked on next though, the rest just seemed to be filler.

Zoltan
03-08-14, 20:27
Too much soon(tm) in that blog for me. It got almost sarcastic at one point. I would have preferred a longer wait and some more concrete details as there isnt really much in there at all.

Its good to see implants being worked on next though, the rest just seemed to be filler.

The first soon™ is dissolved with the new server. The most of the soon™s are simply existing because we are NOT a game studio with a bunch of payed employees, this means we can't expect that our members are working on Neocron 8h per day, they simply spend their varying freetime and thas why we have to say soon™ that often.

Valandur
04-08-14, 16:41
zoltan laptop
http://cdn1.tnwcdn.com/files/2010/10/Toshiba_T1100_In_Betrieb.jpg

Seems like we should take up a collection to get Z a new computer?

MayhemMichael
05-08-14, 00:28
i'll donate soon(tm)

William Antrim
05-08-14, 11:47
The first soon™ is dissolved with the new server. The most of the soon™s are simply existing because we are NOT a game studio with a bunch of payed employees, this means we can't expect that our members are working on Neocron 8h per day, they simply spend their varying freetime and thas why we have to say soon™ that often.

I realise all of the above. Hence the comment - I would have preferred a longer wait and more concrete details. Everyone with even a casual interest in nc currently understands the issue of volunteers. All I am saying is break away from the KK way of doing things a bit more and actually say something that people want to listen to.

Nobody is going to grab their pitchforks and start lighting fires if you dont manage to complete stuff in a given time frame as long as you are open and honest about stuff. Vague generic statements neither inspire confidence nor promote any form of hope. Saying nothing is sometimes better than saying this from a public relations perspective. Its like that every time one of you guys posts something you have to say "this is my personal opinion" - its like yes we know that. You have a brain and a mouth and an opinion too. Just because your forum badge has a certain avatar doesnt mean that you belong to some secret police force. Youre a volunteer team of gamers for fucks sake. Lighten up a little bit sometimes and actually have a laugh and a joke. Everything around here just seems too wooden and forced so much of the time, like people are scared to commit to anything because if they miss the deadline they will be sent to the gulag.

Personally I would have been far happier if all the blog post said was - guys youve been epic with phase one of the balancing, couldnt have done it without you blah blah - phase 2 will be looking at implants with more news as and when we get it.

Public relations isnt hard if you tell the truth.

Drachenpaladin
05-08-14, 13:12
All I am saying is break away from the KK way of doing things a bit more and actually say something that people want to listen to.
That is not true. The KK way was to say NOTHING until people started to beg for even ANYTHING, even if its just a short "No News so far..."

Nobody is going to grab their pitchforks and start lighting fires if you dont manage to complete stuff in a given time frame as long as you are open and honest about stuff. ...
... you are new here, right?

yavimaya
06-08-14, 07:16

There were 3 "soons"......3. that isnt a high number...

Guys, your blog post was perfect, good amount of info, keep it up.

William Antrim
06-08-14, 12:48
That is not true. The KK way was to say NOTHING until people started to beg for even ANYTHING, even if its just a short "No News so far..."

... you are new here, right?

You want me to be condescending enough to say nobody important? :)

This is the internet people bitch all the time. Almost 90% of it is just piss and wind and people should expect it in todays culture when doing anything on the internet. Give people a way of expressing themselves without censorship of any form and youre going to get assholes. Its just life.

There were 3 "soons"......3. that isnt a high number...

None would have been preferable, but hey its each to their own. I think my point is still pretty valid irrespective of counting the numbers. It really isnt a wood for the trees moment.

Torg
07-08-14, 01:51
Ffs, willy, could we leave your Befindlichkeit out of this, and future discussions? it stopped being entertaining a long time ago.

back on topic: i find impressive how a handful of volunteers keep their vision to improve this game, against all odds. i also imagine that ongoing forum trolling is one of the minor odds. and i'm repeatedly thinking of ways to support this vision. i want to keep the world of neocron alive. improve it. continue and extend all the storytelling and roleplaying thats the very heart of this game. it's a weird, off-track, gothic, indie worldbuilding success, untouched by whatever complaints any complainers have, and uncountable zonesyncs ahead of any EA or disney... shtako. yes, i think thats the word they're using for this. shtako. but i digress. i shall return to the wastelands as soon as the dev squad managed to untangle more of the ancient mmorpg code, to test some more, and chat with you all on my findings, or yours. step aside, meatspace.

Drachenpaladin
07-08-14, 02:25
Ffs, willy, could we leave your Befindlichkeit out of this, and future discussions? it stopped being entertaining a long time ago.

back on topic: i find impressive how a handful of volunteers keep their vision to improve this game, against all odds. i also imagine that ongoing forum trolling is one of the minor odds. and i'm repeatedly thinking of ways to support this vision. i want to keep the world of neocron alive. improve it. continue and extend all the storytelling and roleplaying thats the very heart of this game. it's a weird, off-track, gothic, indie worldbuilding success, untouched by whatever complaints any complainers have, and uncountable zonesyncs ahead of any EA or disney... shtako. yes, i think thats the word they're using for this. shtako. but i digress. i shall return to the wastelands as soon as the dev squad managed to untangle more of the ancient mmorpg code, to test some more, and chat with you all on my findings, or yours. step aside, meatspace.

If it wasn't for that Defiance reference one could think you are talking about Neocron :p

William Antrim
07-08-14, 12:12
Sorry Torg I barely read your posts any more unless they refer to anything game related.

I share your opinion but feel entitled to express my own in a polite inoffensive way. If others cant or dont like that then tbh they shouldnt be on the internet. Anyone can post their opinion, it doesnt mean anyone else has to listen to it or read it or be bothered by it.

hatmankh
08-08-14, 23:31
Your posts in this thread just seem like nitpicking to me, William. While the team works you complain that there's not enough communication then you say there's too much and when you do get patches you complain at the frequency of the patches or their content.

It's been said a thousand times before but I guess no amount of repeating it will be enough. We have a volunteer team who is working in their own spare time for free and paying for the server hosting out of their own pockets. It's amazing that the game is even still running let alone running as smoothly as it is with a steady stream of bug fixing, balancing and even content adding patches! If that's not enough for you well guess what, you can donate and also apply to join the team and help directly. Of course its a million times easier to just complain on the forums, it's just too bad that doesn't achieve anything, eh? If it did Neocron would be the most played game in the world.

For bugs there's a bug report section, for feedback and suggestions you've got the brainport. If you just want to aimlessly complain and rain on our parade, make a thread for that, no need to bring it into this one. Really now is a time to be grateful if there ever was one, the first balance patch is finally here. I know the game is still unbalanced, of course it is. Nevertheless we've made the first steps to a balanced Neocron, it's taken longer than any of us would like but the reality is it couldn't possibly have happened any sooner given the conditions the team works under.

EDIT: You have every right to post whatever you want to so long as it doesn't break forum rules but you can expect it to be challenged and rightly so. People have the right to respond to your complaining just as much as you have the right to complain. Don't presume to tell people what they should and shouldn't be bothered by. I wouldn't claim to be offended by your post, maybe mildly annoyed that you would still find things to nitpick in a thread like this with the news we've just had.

Doesn't matter how politely or inoffensively you word your posts, if I find fault with the message you're sending then I'm likely to respond regardless of how politely the post is worded and I would expect, in-fact even welcome you and everyone else to do the same to me. That's what forums are for after all, this isn't your personal blog for you to post your thoughts and complaints all over and then have no one respond to it.

Model192
09-08-14, 18:04
You're right but this is not funny!

Please spend your time with more important things like testing our new server (http://insight.actapricot.org/insight/common/infact/shogun.htm)!

Thank you.

;p

Why don't you do the right thing and label the game as a Beta again, set one server, and test more frequently. Change the mindset, set it into a true beta testing mode.

Drachenpaladin
09-08-14, 18:35
Why don't you do the right thing and label the game as a Beta again, set one server, and test more frequently. Change the mindset, set it into a true beta testing mode.

I think the uproar would be... *shiver*
Not to mention the usual attitude. The first reaction would be like: "Ok, i come back if you are done." Leaving behind like what? 7 guys and the Support Team...

MayhemMichael
09-08-14, 20:33
No one else has said so i guess i will. How was it that the Final release on the test server (which was pretty good) not make it to Titan. Not even close.

Running
10-08-14, 03:29

This is brilliant.
I bought RUST.
I bought NETHER.
I bought DAYZ (arma 2+3).
I bought THE FORREST.

All off these games are alpha-state (or less).
There are idiots in the world...
They buy this shit.
-.-

Overhaul the graphics of NC and u get a game, 1000 times better then the "Games" above.
AND THIS WITH BETA-STATE!
!
!

All u need, is to rape a youtuber...
God loves promo^^

Sry for my bad english.
Im living in the third evil Reich-.-

da_fu$e
10-08-14, 04:25
shut the fuck up! go down with the third empire...