PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fall is going retail finally

William Antrim
15-07-14, 08:01
and it will have open world pvp in Planetside style combat and some mmorpg elements too.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/08/firefall-is-finally-leaving-beta-this-august-with-the-biggest-update-yet/

Not sure if anyone has seen it yet but I have dipped into it down the years its been in beta but mostly quit due to lack of pvp. Apparently this time around it will have dedicated pvp zones with objectives to be held there. Similar to op fighting in nc but with jet packs.

A few of us are gonna take a look at it while we wait on the balancing in nc - if anyone cares to join us feel free!

P.s its free to play.

Edit: 2nd link for more info.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/566/feature/8704/page/2

Drachenpaladin
15-07-14, 15:07
That game still exists? I thought it just vanished... just like NC at its time.

William Antrim
15-07-14, 17:32
its undergoing something of a facelift at present apparently. Might be a distraction while the balancing is still being worked on.

phunqe
05-08-14, 17:32
In my opinion the launch is deserved, they really worked hard on it through some rather tough times.
If nothing else it's nice to see more games without elves :P

William Antrim
06-08-14, 12:40
Im gonna be honest - having played it a bit since posting it was a massive breath of fresh air in terms of gaming. The pvp leaves a little something to be desired at times but thats more due to lack of opposition than anything.

However last night it had a 3.2gb patch to update a bunch of things - too many to list here - but its made the game worth a punt for sure. If only because its free.

Drachenpaladin
06-08-14, 13:32
I've had enough 4player raids in Warframe tbh.

William Antrim
06-08-14, 19:50
I have no idea what that means.

nabbl
07-08-14, 09:42
I have read the title: Fire Fail ...

William Antrim
07-08-14, 12:10
Each to their own.

BaDDaSS
07-08-14, 16:56
Going to give this a try, myself.

As soon as I can come up with a 'Callsign' that's not taken!