PDA

View Full Version : How To: Changing Fonts/Font Sizes

arthego
05-07-14, 14:07
So as you increase the resolution of of your game the fonts shrink and become hard to read. In order to help this you can go into your font.ini and increase the font size, this solves part of the problem. The second part is the default fonts the game use can be hard to read when scaled up. To fix this you can point the font.ini to a different font that is in the font folder and mess around with scaling. This can be tricky though and may require a lot of testing.

To help with this I'm posting my setup. To use it simply make a backup of your current font.ini, then copy and past the below text into your original font.ini file and start up the game.

Default Font

New Font

[TERMINAL]
FILE=.\fonts\Handgb__.ttf
NAME=handelgothicbold
SIZE=12

[MAINMENU]
NAME=handelgothicbold
SIZE=12

[CHAT]
NAME=handelgothicbold
SIZE=12

[RPOS]
NAME=handelgothicbold
SIZE=12

[RPOSBIG]
NAME=handelgothicbold
SIZE=14

[RPOSCHAT]
NAME=handelgothicbold
SIZE=12

[DAMAGE]
FILE=.\fonts\damage.ttf
NAME=BN Elements
SIZE=20

Now for some stuff that is buried in the forums that are worth checking out.

How to remove your resolution limit (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?145581-Resoution&p=2187398&viewfull=1#post2187398)
This is a modification to your neocron.ini file that will give you more freedom with your resolution.

3 Custom RPOS (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?144402-Final-Release-Corvins-RPOS-Collection-(incl-new-Mod))
Sample pic of the ECS RPOS with my above font tweak.

imgs are not super clear but you should be able to see the difference. Hope this helps.

Zoltan
05-07-14, 15:18
Very nice! <3

LeoPump
05-07-14, 15:36
"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

:wtf:

Baldur
05-07-14, 16:53
"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

:wtf:
Only Forum-administrators and moderators were able to view the attachments because they had to be approved first.

done, please check again ! :)

Trivaldi
05-07-14, 17:38
Great guide, thanks! We really appreciate the community making stuff like this. As we've evolved the game and tried to remove some of the limitations of the past, I guess we sometimes don't always make that information as easy to digest as we should!

Appreciate it! <3

Stuck and tweaked the name slightly.

LeoPump
05-07-14, 18:46
Only Forum-administrators and moderators were able to view the attachments because they had to be approved first.

done, please check again ! :)

Works now.
Thank you, Baldur! :)

arthego
05-07-14, 21:27
Thanks everyone for the great response! :)

Forgot something though!

This is the command to select a different RPOS color

/set gfx_hudcolor 0 (the 0 can be changed to any number 0-10)
There are alt colors that have been built into the game. You can also go into the rposcolor.ini and create your own by entering the RGB color values. (values can be found on many websites (http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm) or just opening up Paint)

0 = Default
1 = Night Blue (Creator REvK)
2 = Smoke (Creator Carnage)
3 = Neocron Orange (Creator Andruil)
4 = Dark Blue (Creator Nash_Brigham)
5 = Soft Purple (Creator Hajoan)
6 = Army Green (Creator kbmg)
7 = Steel Blue (Creator Satty)
8 = ProtoPharm Default (Dr. Laura Snyder)
9 = BaDDaSS Gray (Creator BaDDaSS)
10 = h00ver's HUD (Creator h00ver)

Nidhogg
14-11-16, 01:18
I added the new DAMAGE section to the example font.ini in the OP to prevent it accidentally getting wiped out. I've copied across the original DAMAGE section from the standard font.ini file as-is.

Shaikura
14-11-16, 03:45
Wow i just posted a question about this. This works perfect for me. Thank you so much.

kane
14-11-16, 07:05
I added the new DAMAGE section to the example font.ini in the OP to prevent it accidentally getting wiped out. I've copied across the original DAMAGE section from the standard font.ini file as-is.
Perfect Timing ;) I just looked this up to use.

Is there a UI Built to extend it to fit these font changes?