PDA

View Full Version : [r-185] client crash

Setlec
02-07-14, 01:15
so my config is Asus zenbook UX32A with 10 GB ram intel hd 4000 (512 MB shared ram) quad core @1.7 GHz running win 8.1 (update)

patched to lastest patch with installer downloadd yesterday from the main website, also using 6 years old installed NC game (also patched to r 185)

the client just crash after launching the game after client start in the log windows (the window that shows patch info and etc)

Bifrost
02-07-14, 10:59
One bit of missing information, what GFX chipset is your Asus zenbook?

When you ran the installer you downloaded yesterday did you install Direct X and C++ Runtimes, or did you de-select those options?

Also can you start the Launcher and select Configure -> Configure Hardware and see if the options to set your GFX options comes up.

Setlec
02-07-14, 16:38
One bit of missing information, what GFX chipset is your Asus zenbook? It's the intel HD 4000 gpu

When you ran the installer you downloaded yesterday did you install Direct X and C++ Runtimes, or did you de-select those options? yes, i've installed both normally with the default install config

Also can you start the Launcher and select Configure -> Configure Hardware and see if the options to set your GFX options comes up. d3d9driver for intel hd 4000, windows mode , antithingy set @ 2 (default)

answered your question within your quote!

Alduin
02-07-14, 17:16
Inside the logs folder there are several log files, the ones of interest would be:
* D3D9Drv.log
* Error.log
* Init.log

Please upload them here so we can have a quick look at them in case you dont find something striking in them.

Does the patcher window actually close or is that the window which actually crashes and hangs? If so the aforementioned files are not of much help, but for now I assume the patcher closes and the game tries to open, right?

Setlec
02-07-14, 17:27
the patcher+ launcher close then a new window the Game itself opens then crashes I've check the logs seen nothings that would point the error(s) so i've zip the logs folder entirely so you can see it all.

Cheers

Zoltan
02-07-14, 20:03
...and try to run the game "As Administrator" / with elevated rights.

+

delete an existing models.TMP not PAK, be careful!

Setlec
02-07-14, 20:15
...and try to run the game "As Administrator" / with elevated rights. that was default in As Admistrator

+

delete an existing models.TMP not PAK, be careful! got no file with the extention .TMP

answers in your quote!

Zoltan
03-07-14, 01:10
answers in your quote!

I believe i found the problem. You have to reinstall the DirectX Redist which you can find in the Neocron folder "\Redist\DirectX" its included in the lastest version of the installer. If you don't have the latest version of the installer yet (but I guess you have) download it here (http://neocron-game.com/client-download).

Setlec
03-07-14, 01:35
i've got the latest installer for NC and for DirectX (otherwise i would not be able to play in very ultra low setting arma 3, andmedium settings DAO, Skyrim, Mass effect 3). I've reinstalled DirectX from the location that you pointed still crashes.

Zoltan
03-07-14, 02:01
i've got the latest installer for NC and for DirectX (otherwise i would not be able to play in very ultra low setting arma 3, andmedium settings DAO, Skyrim, Mass effect 3). I've reinstalled DirectX from the location that you pointed still crashes.

This DirectX version is a "special" version which includes more renderer than the standard version its needed to get Neocron working with older graphic adapters too.

I saw in your log that the client has some trouble to create a needed object instance which depends on this special version of DirectX. Do you have a dxdiag.log (http://www.dartfish.com/en/media-gallery/faq/how-can-i-make-a-dxdiag-diagnostic-file.htm) for us?

Setlec
03-07-14, 02:57
here is the dxdiag.txt file hope that will enlight uson this issue.

Setlec
13-07-14, 21:36
any news about this matter?

Zoltan
22-07-14, 19:38
any news about this matter?

The engine can not enumerate the caps of your graphic adapter. Try to download the latest driver for your INTEL 4000 HD, you can find some drivers here (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3711&ProdId=3711).

I have a similar configuration called NVIDIA OPTIMUS. NC recognizes and uses the Intel 4000 HD and not the dedicated 3D accelerator. Its working well ;)

Setlec
29-07-14, 14:25
hey there well i did download new drivers and etc. still crashing after the launcher closes....

Bifrost
29-07-14, 18:21
hey there well i did download new drivers and etc. still crashing after the launcher closes....

Can you goto <Your Neocron Folder>\Redist\DirectX and run setup.exe again.

If that fails to resolve the issue, please attach a new set of the following files:-

* D3D9Drv.log
* Error.log
* Init.log
* dxdiag.log

Thanks.