PDA

View Full Version : New Feature! - Outpost Abandonment

Trivaldi
12-06-14, 16:32
We recently launched a new 'in-progress' feature. Check out the news about Outpost Abandonment here (http://www.neocron-game.com/announcements/feature-outpost-abandonment)!

Note: We have also now tweaked this feature (http://www.neocron-game.com/announcements/outpost-abandonment-timespan-increased).

NAPPER
12-06-14, 16:57
So if you have 1 clan owning the map all the ops could be attacked at the same time?
(after 14 days)
What kind of Mutants would attack ?
Would a countdown of some form be added to see when this 14 days is up? maybe on the citycom
s that other clans can attack at the same time?

Trivaldi
12-06-14, 17:07
So if you have 1 clan owning the map all the ops could be attacked at the same time?
No, the mutants aren't that coordinated ;) all those Outposts would simply be added to the candidate pool. After a while the mutants would attack another Outpost.

What kind of Mutants would attack ?
The difficult kind! Expect a challenge if the mutant population takes your OP. :)

Would a countdown of some form be added to see when this 14 days is up? maybe on the citycom
s that other clans can attack at the same time?
Mutants attack Outposts as their scouts pick OPs where they think no one is around. Outposts are not attacked if anyone is in the sector. Of course other clans are able to move in to clean up the mutants and claim the Outpost for themselves.

Brammers
12-06-14, 17:14
Napper - This "Clan" is only taking a few abandoned ops each day.

BTW - The THN Stats DB is already tracking this Mutant Faction Clan (http://stats.techhaven.org/clan/the-mutant-faction).

Torg
12-06-14, 17:24
Napper - This "Clan" is only taking a few abandoned ops each day.

BTW - The THN Stats DB is already tracking this Mutant Faction Clan (http://stats.techhaven.org/clan/the-mutant-faction).at least! i've been dreaming of exactly this for like 10 years! hoooray! on second thought: the NST seems to have more control over NCs code than previous dev teams. or like.

Nidhogg
12-06-14, 19:18
Coming soon: the Insect clan will ninja ops from the Mutants while they're asleep. ;)

Torg
12-06-14, 20:22
Coming soon: the Insect clan will ninja ops from the Mutants while they're asleep. ;)i'll bet on united warbots + mechs.

NAPPER
12-06-14, 20:55
It would be good from NPCs to shout in Help channel when they are being over run in the OP. So that will also increase in pvp while everyone rush's to the OP.

Question can a LE guy attack and hurt these guys ?

Trivaldi
12-06-14, 21:02
Yes, they're standard mutant mobs found elsewhere in the gameworld.

Dasore
12-06-14, 21:44
It would be good from NPCs to shout in Help channel when they are being over run in the OP. So that will also increase in pvp while everyone rush's to the OP.

how about you just log in and find it out? that feature has been ingame for 4 weeks now....

NAPPER
13-06-14, 09:05
how about you just log in and find it out? that feature has been ingame for 4 weeks now....

because MR Desore im lvling 2 new guys ready for the patch hitting Retail :)

Xenios
13-06-14, 14:24

As soon as an OP is overtaken, there is a server wide message announcing it. People did rush to the OP's in the past already :)

Vid Gamer
13-06-14, 17:46
This is a cool feature, something I never thought of!

THE_TICK!!!
14-06-14, 00:55
a grand idea !! and one of which i wholeheartedly approve !! and yes, im back in game :)

Hoder
14-06-14, 19:08
Coming soon: the Insect clan will ninja ops from the Mutants while they're asleep. ;)Tell me about it! I'm up to my eyeballs in tickets from complaining mutants. Now the insects are complaining of being zerged on Sundays :(

Tenchiro
13-08-14, 11:20
Coming soon: the Insect clan will ninja ops from the Mutants while they're asleep. ;)

And a Copbot Clan with Zoltan as it's leader. Then he can ninja the op's in the middle of the night :p

cHoBo
13-08-14, 17:29
hm, time to reinstall maybe? :D

Orys
14-08-14, 13:02
Personally, i dont like the feature. The first time retaking an op from mutants was fun and all, but at the second or even third time, it became an unnecessary chore. When you log in neocron, for a hour or two in the evening, you don't want to waste your time with the ever same pve. You want to get your ops the old fashioned way. Look at the map. Since the feature startet i only have every seen 17th and RL taking ops from mutants. So, where are the people who like this feature? Please, start taking ops, because we have enough of this chore.