PDA

View Full Version : Sell fully capped characters

DIABLO666
12-06-14, 02:08
Perhaps this idea has come before and been shot to hell.. but honestly I would be more than happy to pay $10 for a fully capped character... lets face it the pve isn't where its at in neocron, its just a boring grind you need to do to get into pvp. I'm not saying remove all pve and don't give people the option, but I would be so happy if I could just buy fully capped characters so I could play other classes (and NO no selling weapons!).

They are doing it in WoW to help bring people in so theres precedence AND if we want neocron to live again one day it needs to be released on steam / advertised (obviously a while down the line when a lot of stuff is fixed), and honestly I feel if they do that and force people to grind the boring pve before they experience the most enjoyable aspect of the game for many, the pvp, people will overlook it, hell it might even be a good idea to give completely new players a pe with basic armour and perhaps a wyatt earp (I know I said no guns but if it helps new players experience the fun of pvp I'm fine with it).

Not all of this would work most likely.. and getting new players to give NC a fair chance and realise how awesome the pvp is wont be as simple as this sadly, but still getting back to my main point, it would be nice to be able to buy a full capped character to avoid the boring leveling grind while also funding the game.

Drachenpaladin
12-06-14, 09:39
With the chars being backed up this idea would look kinda like a ransom demand.

Torg
12-06-14, 16:36
i support the idea (like here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?154998-that-ll-be-99-dollars-please)) to sell capped chars, and maybe some gear useful, too. but 7 Euros 38 cents are not sufficient. imho. make it 73,80, or maybe somewhat less. i'm sure some people would buy regardless of the price. the rest of us is still free to do some leveling-up. giving capped chars to everyone would plainly destroy the game.

William Antrim
13-06-14, 20:23
i support the idea (like here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?154998-that-ll-be-99-dollars-please)) to sell capped chars, and maybe some gear useful, too. but 7 Euros 38 cents are not sufficient. imho. make it 73,80, or maybe somewhat less. i'm sure some people would buy regardless of the price. the rest of us is still free to do some leveling-up. giving capped chars to everyone would plainly destroy the game.

70 euros for a char to "destroy" the game with?

Im not a fan.

Torg
14-06-14, 11:18
70 euros for a char to "destroy" the game with?you'd rather destroy the game for free? looks like there are different opinions on that subject.

Torg
14-06-14, 11:35
ok, here's a concept to solve the needs of "not having to waste time for leveling up", "not wasting a lot of money on this" and "not getting an unfair advantage over hard-working players":

At 19. 99 Euros (27 USD) you'll get a full capped char of your choice with a name of your choice on a new account for bought chars. this char will start fully capped, but will not receive any exp points, so theres no WOC (this advantage will be left for the working player). And no faction change, so no epic run tourism. And any further chars on that account will be of the same faction as the first.

What do you think, fellow runners?

Zoltan
14-06-14, 12:10
I am sorry for being a party pooper. We don't sell any capped chars and there are no plans for the future to do so.

Z

Massaker
14-06-14, 14:10
it's funny and sad that people think: money rules the world.

I'm against the idea to pay money to get capped chars. There are a lot of people that leveled up new chars after NC1 and the closure of Mars, Terra and so on. They spend lots of time for this and now there are some people who want come back but don't want to level up a new char because it is time intensive... Of course it is and a lot of people have a real live and go to work and there is not much time. But the people who are working and can spend only about 1-2 hours an evening created a new char and capped them.

So I'm against to prefer people who throw the money on the table and say "give me a capped char".

DIABLO666
14-06-14, 14:33
Well I'd be happy if they made leveling a character not a mind numbing chore but in all the years I've played NC thats never been the case so I don't see how they can change it now. I spent a ton of time leveling characters are pluto and you know what I hated every second of it, I just wanted to avoid the boring grindy pve content and get back to pvp. Same here, with the balance coming I really want a pistol pe but sadly that means finding the best exploits to grind quickly to avoid the worst part of the game.

Hell if I could play cookie clicker for 24 hours straight to get a capped character instead of leveling in NC I'd do that instead... seriously the pve is so boring and made worse by the constant need for researchers consters and pokers which with the low pop are hard to find at times, combine that with needing a ppu for the high end areas (another hard thing to find) and you end up with the greatest hell on earth ever created.

So... if theres no plans to sell capped characters are there at least plans to make the pve not so bad it makes you want to cut yourself? I really want to take advantage of the weapon balance to play a pistol pe... but I don't think I could handle going through the pve again' I just.. I just CANT!! <breaks down in tears>

LeoPump
14-06-14, 23:01
I am sorry for being a party pooper. We don't sell any capped chars and there are no plans for the future to do so.

Z

Thank you! :)

Dasore
15-06-14, 00:44
Well I'd be happy if they made leveling a character not a mind numbing chore but in all the years I've played NC thats never been the case so I don't see how they can change it now. I spent a ton of time leveling characters are pluto and you know what I hated every second of it, I just wanted to avoid the boring grindy pve content and get back to pvp. Same here, with the balance coming I really want a pistol pe but sadly that means finding the best exploits to grind quickly to avoid the worst part of the game.

Hell if I could play cookie clicker for 24 hours straight to get a capped character instead of leveling in NC I'd do that instead... seriously the pve is so boring and made worse by the constant need for researchers consters and pokers which with the low pop are hard to find at times, combine that with needing a ppu for the high end areas (another hard thing to find) and you end up with the greatest hell on earth ever created.

So... if theres no plans to sell capped characters are there at least plans to make the pve not so bad it makes you want to cut yourself? I really want to take advantage of the weapon balance to play a pistol pe... but I don't think I could handle going through the pve again' I just.. I just CANT!! <breaks down in tears>

PE? for Woc its a pain in the ass... without woc you need 10 hours ;) HC is the way to go, and better do it before the patch ;)

DIABLO666
15-06-14, 01:17
Any amount of time is a pain in the ass, and its 10 hours if you happen to know the absolute best locations and have ppu support the whole time (or know some exploits). Either way thats 10 hours of boredom I'd rather never suffer, since we lost all our character I've only had 1 capped char, I did my time in the salt mines of leveling characters, and I'm never going back!! I've got to many mental scares from hours of boring grinding while being ganked constantly in places that take 30 minutes to get back to (not including SI and reimping time)....

Seriously F pve in this game F it to holy hell, please PLEASE can one of the devs confirm that they are working on making it not worse than working in a salt mine wearing a suit of razor that point inward, I want to play more than 1 character but seriously I can't suffer through that crap ever again.

Drachenpaladin
15-06-14, 01:25
Seriously F pve in this game F it to holy hell, please PLEASE can one of the devs confirm that they are working on making it not worse than working in a salt mine wearing a suit of razor that point inward, I want to play more than 1 character but seriously I can't suffer through that crap ever again.

... afaik they are currently focused on PvP... because... well. Things.
We will see if and when they get to improve PvE...

DIABLO666
15-06-14, 01:49
I'm sort of happy for them to focus on pvp as its the only fun thing in the game (well I guess some people love crafting) but at the same time it kind of proves me point.. the pve is horrific and it does affect the pvp in that it limits the characters you can use. I tried to level a spy recently so I could try out a FL spy when the balance came out.. I reached regents legacy and gave up... between the huge run back when you die and needing to wait for ppus to do anything it was such a boring chore I couldn't take it anymore.