PDA

View Full Version : I'm back after 11/12 years...

crowthedark
14-05-14, 23:52
....I don't exactly remember. Anyway, I've seen many vets around here and many suggestions about how to improve the game.
I'm not a coder, I'm not an expert programmer or something else but I would like to give just one small suggestion that could change the newbies chance to remain onto this game: leave the MC5 starting area. Just move new people to Plaza with Plaza Genrep already bound.

It doesn't matter which faction you are in, just move them to P1. It's the more crowded place and any newbie can talk just pressing ENTER without becoming crazy with the hypercom and getting out of the unuseful MC5. I think we could lose less newbies and help some new players to startup this game.

Dropout
15-05-14, 00:18
Pretty sure that the idea is that something has to be done to MC5, to make it more newb-friendly..
Right now balancing have priority though.

GRIM
15-05-14, 04:03
Right now balancing have priority though.

After 12+ years of official release, and 2+ of alpha/beta, it looks like someone would finally realize that "balancing" is never going to happen and move on to things that actually make the game fun again.

crowthedark
15-05-14, 09:28
I think that the problem of every mmo is the lack of newbie people. If you don't have some "rechange" of people, the mmo dies.
So, if it is not so difficult, doing some small adjustments "costless" could help a lot.

I suppose that changing the spawnpoint on start is not that complicated, but probably I'm wrong.
This could help people in get in touch with us and not feeling alone around an empty world. And if a newbie on 5 will stay...well, great success ;)

walkman
15-05-14, 13:54
I cant agree with that.

Any fansite of any game consists basical information about what that thing is mean. So, if you have troubles with Hypercom you should read about that. And if you had skipped "intro" game (which shows all basics) it is your problem and are not a gamedev team.

I had missed time when DoY was full of people. And I do not agree that any faction member walks on the streets of Neocron City safely. Copbots must kill any Anti-Admin member on sight as they doing this outside. Now, P1 is center of universe, so sad.

MC5 area is not useless. There are NPC skill advisors stays. There are placed CityComs. Currently almost all content was cuted from CityCom. I remember on Terra the Guide's section was contained something like FAQ. I remember that while you growing up you are recieving five letters from Skill Advisor. And so on.

When I first met NC I did not read any manuals outside the game. I never heard about GenRep in MC5 area. I had just explored nearest things, chose "Appartment -- Safe" and all. So, if people wont explore the world around them, well... this game was created not for them, just play in stupid flash-based games.

Your suggestion is a first step into world of casual games. No need to read manual. No need have pleasure to see awesome design concepts. No need to go deeper inside game world. That's why even AAA-games now blamed in "press X to win button". So called "friendly", without challenges, games are.

And after all of that, NC newbie player will meet pro-gamers and due the fact pros uses some unusual ways, newbie will never win. Such newbie doesnt like any challenges, doesnt like to lose in fights. Then newbie will leave the NC. Because till this moment everything was "friendly" and easy as hell.

:)