PDA

View Full Version : Setting Default Client Options

hudsonbeck
07-04-14, 16:23
So I have searched and searched and cannot find an answer. I am sure it is out there somewhere but I cannot find what I am looking for... I looked here and THN.

Is there a way to change a setting in an ini or add a key value that would have your character start/default to
Run Lock on?

I have tried guessing the command in-game(with no success):
/set ctrl_runlock 1
/set ctrl_run 1
/set ctrl_autorun 1
/set run 1
/set runlock 1
/set autorun 1
/set run_lock 1
/set auto_run 1

If I knew what the in-game command was, I could just add the key/value into the control.ini right?

I already changed:
//0 - first person view / 1 - external view
set ctrl_externalcam 1

//external camera horizontal angle
set ctrl_externalangle 0.0

I am just wanting everything to start how I like it so i don't have to change so much every time I log on to a player. Also I am sure people are tired of me typing in ALL CAPS by accident more than I mean too :)

Thanks!

Fasterbot
07-04-14, 22:03
Hmm, not really sure what you are seaching for exactly, but there is a key value into the control setting you can change/bind to what you want for autorun (the fifth line iirc).
I didn't find another way to hard set the autorun and I bind my 'x' key for this, 'w' for autowalk (onto an azerty keyboard) and it's not so hard to remember to push one time the right key when I log/relog ^^.
Binding it to something else than 'ver.maj' avoid the all caps prob (take note that you can avoid the prob without change settings doing 'ver.maj', enter the rpos and 'ver.maj' again, you then don't type all in caps and are in autorun when you quit the rpos, afaik).

Dribble Joy
08-04-14, 02:44
The default auto-move key is '-'. Hit that and your char will move forward unless the 'forward' key is pressed again.
Very useful for flying gliders.

While this is activated (or before, I can't quite remember), hitting caps lock will set this to auto-run.

hudsonbeck
08-04-14, 14:54
The default auto-move key is '-'. Hit that and your char will move forward unless the 'forward' key is pressed again.
Very useful for flying gliders.

While this is activated (or before, I can't quite remember), hitting caps lock will set this to auto-run.
Thanks, I forgot about that key.

What I am wondering is when I hit Caps Lock to enable Run Lock I assume it issues a command to set a value from 0 to 1... just like changing view points. Issuing the command set ctrl_externalcam changing the value from 0 to 1 enables 3rd person view.

What I want to know is what is the command that changes Run Lock from 0 to 1? If it were something like set ctrl_runlock 1 I could just put that command in the control.ini file so my character always starts or defaults to Run Lock enabled opposed to starting in walking mode.

hopefully this makes more sense :)

Dribble Joy
08-04-14, 18:35
I see what you mean, but I have no idea, that would be one for the devs.

flib
08-04-14, 22:59
If you're only concerned about having capslock on, you can do what I do: Press [Caps Lock], [Shift], and [Caps Lock] again.

hudsonbeck
09-04-14, 14:55
If you're only concerned about having capslock on, you can do what I do: Press [Caps Lock], [Shift], and [Caps Lock] again.
I am just wanting everything to default to how I like to start... 3rd person view, specific camera angle and distance, and Run Lock on. I have taken care of everything through value changes in ini files except the Run Lock enabled escapes me.

Dropout
09-04-14, 15:32
I am just wanting everything to default to how I like to start... 3rd person view, specific camera angle and distance, and Run Lock on. I have taken care of everything through value changes in ini files except the Run Lock enabled escapes me.

Yeah, I have it the same way. If you figure it out, please let us know :)