PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time..

Runner75528
28-02-14, 23:58
So I recently found Neocron (well re-found I guess) and I'm having a hard time choosing my profession and class. Hacker seems really unique and cool, but Driver gets the vehicles.. I'd like something that is useful for myself and would be beneficial to the community. Also being paid for the service would be plus.

I'm kinda confused on the factions as well, not sure if one must join one or not but what does the "x" mean on the faction relationship table (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Faction)? F for Friendly, E for Enemy, and N for Neutral, but X? I noticed that the Titan server is EU, does anyone play from the US?

Torg
01-03-14, 02:00
welcome.

you can choose "driver", get a nice litle car from the profession quest and be a hacker as well. mind you: hacker is for stealing things. the post-apocalyptic lockpicking guy.

beneficial to others would be field doc/implant medic or repairs guy. traders usually do get tipped, but you will make more cash from hunting.

relatonship table: look closer. "x" is for "same faction on both sides of the table".

lots of usa-cronians, yes. have fun. dont hesitate to try new chars, setups. have more fun. :)

William Antrim
01-03-14, 02:07
Basically it doesn't matter what you choose to start out as.

You can always change your skills later if you prefer to try something else.

Drachenpaladin
01-03-14, 02:22
Basically it doesn't matter what you choose to start out as.

You can always change your skills later if you prefer to try something else.

^That
Only thing fixed is you class. Profession has no effect of the craft you later do for a living, its more of a kick-start but doesn't matter on the long run.

William Antrim
01-03-14, 04:19
Best advice is to use all four slots of your account if youre trying things out. Do the jones missions for each of the chars you like the sound of and see how you get on with them.

At worst you will have 4 new Jones mission items and at best you will have a reasonable handle on what each profession does and essentially you will have the only thing that the profession gives you, the item.

When I made my first chars on Titan I made my constructor and researcher chars the wrong way around - my scientist ended up as a contructor and my engineer ended up as a researcher. All I did was swap the tools around that I got given and went about my day.

The great freedom of NC is that with LOM (Loss Of Memory) pills you can release points you have spent in a given skill. This will cost you some experience points (scaled according to your level) but you get the points back generally. If you have only just crossed up into the next level you may lose a level and then you wont get the points back until you level back up through that level.

So in short there is a small cost if you make a mistake but you are not stuck with a character with points in the wrong place.

Essentially if you start out as a hacker and want to be a rifleman and then later on fancy being a pistoleer and want to do a bit of poking for example you can do all of this on the same character. You cant do them all at the same time of course but if you want to change careers at some point then you can do that, albeit with an XP loss.

I hope this makes some sense.