PDA

View Full Version : [cbt] Afk timer

Nanook
23-02-14, 13:29
Why is the afk timer kicking in while droning? I'm certainly not afk if I'm moving around with my drone constantly and shooting everything that moves.

Torg
23-02-14, 14:21
just move your toon everytime before starting a new drone. that should do.

Bifrost
24-02-14, 11:27
Why is the afk timer kicking in while droning? I'm certainly not afk if I'm moving around with my drone constantly and shooting everything that moves.

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next retail patch.

just move your toon everytime before starting a new drone. that should do.

As Torg says, if you move a little between drone launches you shouldn't get kicked for being AFK.

Nanook
24-02-14, 17:45

As Torg says, if you move a little between drone launches you shouldn't get kicked for being AFK.

Roger that. Thanks for the information.

zii
24-02-14, 21:06
Also annoying would be when I used my grenade luncher on my PE in the caves and just lobbed grenades and recycled for new ammo. I had just recycled and was almost overloaded when I was kicked for AFKing and clearly I was not. Relogged and spawned at start of caves unable to move and then killed by little evil critters. Oh well :)

Doc Holliday
25-02-14, 09:18

Any reasonable time frame on this? ie not a generic soon(tm)?

Zoltan
25-02-14, 14:54
Any reasonable time frame on this? ie not a generic soon(tm)?

(-generic) soon (TM) ;p

Dropout
25-02-14, 15:15
(-generic) soon (TM) ;p

The population REALLY could use some patching soon tbh...

Divide
25-02-14, 22:21
At least 2 OP-worthy clans aren't playing right now because they are waiting on the patch. Stupid of them to wash the pop out of the game for an unknown quantity at an unknown time. Our TS clan was ramped up and ready and both of those clans fell off the face of NC, leaving only 17th and my clan left in the wastes. Thankfully Regz are coming into the picture now-- I don't know what their numbers look like but any new clan is promising. Except for that fake-ass Black Cartel clan, those guys are a joke.

William Antrim
25-02-14, 23:39
We have about 5-6 members who log in more than 2 or 3 times a week and probably about the same who log in once in a blue moon.

Unfortunately we are spread over about 6 time zones (various US, UK and EU, Australia) and wildly different availability/activity levels.

However our current clan rule is that when we have 3 or more people on together we will look to pick a fight with someone.

Nanook
26-02-14, 20:46
I would appreciate if this thread stayed strictly on topic. If it doesn't I'll ask the moderators to clean it up.

Divide
27-02-14, 05:43
I would appreciate if this thread stayed strictly on topic. If it doesn't I'll ask the moderators to clean it up.

bananas

Doc Holliday
27-02-14, 07:56
hasnt the thread been answered already? Like how much more discussion is there?

Seriously some information about the patch to be would be awesome. It doesnt have to be set in stone and signed in blood saying on this day there will be a patch. Even a ball park figure saying ok guys we AIM to get to patching by X date but this could be sooner or later. We also INTEND on putting in xyz features to the patch. In a world of information transparency is king. give people some hope and dont make it all cloak and dagger stuff.

Its all about disclosure in my mind. Decide what can be published and then let people know. Its like kickstarters crowdfunding projects. Full disclosure of whats going on. I realise this cannot be compared to a kickstarter when its being funded by the few not the many but at the same time let us generate support for the game in a way we can do which is by being active and pushing it again and making people play etc because maybe one day this could be a real possibility (the kickstarter bit i mean).

I would also love to see some development updates that are not either completely generic or deliberately vague. maybe it could be a belated new years resolution.

I dont want to come off sounding like i am making a list of demands but I would implore you to at least consider what it is i have suggested and decide internally perhaps what can and cannot be discussed for what ever reason.

This is 2014 not 2004 and in some ways it seems peoples attitudes still pertain to 2004. The infamous thread in gariots diner is one of these. The lack of info referred to in the above post is another. This is how things would have been in 2004 but dont suit todays community IMO.

ps. Op fighting. Yes we will look for a fight when possible. had a good one (despite losing) with the four of us we managed to muster against 17th at jeriko. We just need practice in group fights (i know i do) to make more of a meaningful impact on the op scene (and some new players. which goes back to the original request further up. more infos = more players)

Pps. ORANGES!!

Dasore
27-02-14, 11:06
/sign

Nanook
27-02-14, 16:41
Moderators please close this thread, I've gotten the answers I was after. TIA.

Baldur
27-02-14, 16:43
As you wish.

/closed