PDA

View Full Version : Oooh - Apartment access lists

Xeno LARD
17-02-14, 18:25
Login to the new site and click your account. There's a list of your chars (and what sector, clan etc they're in) and a list of their apartments. You can see the passwords for your apartments but also edit a list of who is allowed to enter!

Who snuck in this feature then? What a great idea. Nice one devs!

Trivaldi
17-02-14, 18:39
Came with the new website, good eh? :)

There will be some more in depth coverage on the launcher of some of the site's new features over the coming weeks. Stuff like auth keys (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?155005-The-quot-Authorization-Key-quot-and-what-it-means-to-you) etc.

Massaker
17-02-14, 20:42
If I add a name to the appartment list the name is not listed after a relog to the page.
Is this error known?

Second error: the fallen angels logo is not displayed correctly (section factions). It's only the red background rectangle behind any logo

BlueRobot
17-02-14, 22:29
It's a pretty useless feature though as long as you can't access the cabinets.

Veno
17-02-14, 22:48
I like it. I find it very useful. Thank´s a lot.

William Antrim
17-02-14, 23:15
It's a pretty useless feature though as long as you can't access the cabinets.

I dunno. I have one char with an appartment in plaza 1 but now all my guys can use his gr and stuff. I think that is useful.

Torg
18-02-14, 02:05
It's a pretty useless feature though as long as you can't access the cabinets.This would be the long-awaited casual LE-clanapp.

BlueRobot
18-02-14, 02:31
This would be the long-awaited casual LE-clanapp.

No. That would be an apartment which can be uses by multiple people with or without LE, from different factions/clans.

Stop bringing up stupid topics like that when they're not even remotely connected to the actual topic.

Doc Holliday
18-02-14, 05:07
I dunno. I have one char with an apartment in plaza 1 but now all my guys can use his gr and stuff. I think that is useful.

Quoted for truth. The greatest feature of the new site.

Dribble Joy
18-02-14, 09:43
Doesn't seem to work with clan apts.

Aside from saving me money on Apts, while a cool feature, it doesn't help me much.

William Antrim
18-02-14, 10:31
My glass is half full of all of your tears. :)

Torg
18-02-14, 15:53
Stop bringing up stupid topics like that when they're not even remotely connected to the actual topic.you dont get it, huh? if you can give selected chars access to door and cabs of an app, that would be like a clan app. ecept for non-clanned chars. the casual version of it. add buddylist-chat, what else whould you need for a non-warfaring group of people? get it now?

Cursed Shadow
18-02-14, 16:16
you dont get it, huh? if you can give selected chars access to door and cabs of an app, that would be like a clan app. ecept for non-clanned chars. the casual version of it. add buddylist-chat, what else whould you need for a non-warfaring group of people? get it now?

Question:
How will that make any people start playing this game?

Surely that's what you should be thinking about, what in this game could you fundamentally change to bring more people in and retain them?

I don't think this apartment change is going to make any waves.
In fact, I see this apartment change as a means of promoting the Law Enforcer, which I am strongly against. This is a Post-Apocalyptic World. It's kill or be killed.

Bifrost
18-02-14, 16:40
Doesn't seem to work with clan apts.

Aside from saving me money on Apts, while a cool feature, it doesn't help me much.

If I add a name to the appartment list the name is not listed after a relog to the page.
Is this error known?

Second error: the fallen angels logo is not displayed correctly (section factions). It's only the red background rectangle behind any logo

These issues are known about. If you find any other issues, please drop a post into the bug reports forum (http://forum.neocron-game.com/forumdisplay.php?233-Bug-Reports).

Also to clear up any possible misunderstandings, the access feature allows players to give other runners access to enter the apartment. The access list does not give runners access to the cabinets in the apartment.

L0KI
20-02-14, 15:48
I love it. Only a week or two ago I went apartment hunting as I couldn't remember passwords and such.

Great feature, great work.

William Antrim
20-02-14, 17:35
Question:
How will that make any people start playing this game?

Surely that's what you should be thinking about, what in this game could you fundamentally change to bring more people in and retain them?

I don't think this apartment change is going to make any waves.
In fact, I see this apartment change as a means of promoting the Law Enforcer, which I am strongly against. This is a Post-Apocalyptic World. It's kill or be killed.

Some things are designed to benefit the existing population also. Retention of population by removing bugs [check], stabilising servers [check] and adding features that we never thought of but are beneficial nonetheless [check].

I can only see positives in this, I am well happy it has happened. It makes me wonder what other cool stuff we might get in the pipeline. More patches? More news? clearly things are moving forward now so hey this is all good for the game!

stonehaven25
21-02-14, 08:46
Very cool feature :D

now i can give access to people when im overloaded making stuff lol

baracoder
12-03-14, 02:39
Also to clear up any possible misunderstandings, the access feature allows players to give other runners access to enter the apartment. The access list does not give runners access to the cabinets in the apartment.

If the runners don't get access to the cabinets, what can they do besides use the GoGu?

Trivaldi
12-03-14, 11:14
If the runners don't get access to the cabinets, what can they do besides use the GoGu?
The GoGu, GR and private CityCom will of course be useful to Runners, as well as being able to assist in the flow of roleplay. You can now essentially have a second clan apartment for meetings and other things; without giving everyone access to clan cabinets should you choose to keep those resources limited to higher ranks than provided by the clan management system.

One of the other "unseen" benefits to the player base, is the removal of time used by GMs to install all access buzzers. Now you can essentially (and more selectively) handle this process yourselves, freeing up that not insignificant amount of GM time for other endeavours and more pressing support.