PDA

View Full Version : Increased XP weekends

BolognaTugboat
13-02-14, 18:44
Just got back to the game and my play time is low, I could really use one of the xp weekends I have heard about. I am wondering where I can watch to see if any info is posted on upcoming xp weekends or days or anything!

Drachenpaladin
13-02-14, 19:02
Afaik they are used when unforeseen downtimes occur or on special occasions. Not regular however. You can check up on facebook, twitter and so on.

Divide
14-02-14, 00:17
The pop could really benefit from a calendar for these events. I understand why they don't want to implement 2xp all the time, though I disagree with their reasoning. A coordinated, published, planned xpbonus schedule would be huge. Players that want to return as a group could coordinate their return together for an event such as 2xp.

2ply
14-02-14, 00:24
The pop could really benefit from a calendar for these events. I understand why they don't want to implement 2xp all the time, though I disagree with their reasoning. A coordinated, published, planned xpbonus schedule would be huge. Players that want to return as a group could coordinate their return together for an event such as 2xp.

I agree, I have friends, both new to the game and old, that want to return or start playing but they're waiting until an increased XP event so they don't have to spend much time hunting rats, aggies or cyclops. even among those who haven't played the game, they know the early levels aren't too fun and want to avoid it as much as possible.

I understand not wanting to be having increased XP events constantly, but I really think having them once or twice a month could really improve the population and provide the community with the fresh faces it so desperately needs.

BolognaTugboat
14-02-14, 02:04
I agree, I have friends, both new to the game and old, that want to return or start playing but they're waiting until an increased XP event so they don't have to spend much time hunting rats, aggies or cyclops. even among those who haven't played the game, they know the early levels aren't too fun and want to avoid it as much as possible.

I understand not wanting to be having increased XP events constantly, but I really think having them once or twice a month could really improve the population and provide the community with the fresh faces it so desperately needs.

Honestly its not that I mind killing aggys its that I had gobs of free time back when NC was new and now I don't. I am sure others are in the same boat. XP events will help us get back into the game with at least one char!

Divide
14-02-14, 03:02
Honestly its not that I mind killing aggys its that I had gobs of free time back when NC was new and now I don't. I am sure others are in the same boat. XP events will help us get back into the game with at least one char!

Yeah, a career with a wife and 3 furry kids is a shitload more demanding on my time than work/school. I probably play as much in a week as I used to in 1-2 days.

Galactus
14-02-14, 05:13
I fully agree, I've started Neocron with a few friends and some want to quit don't wanna cap. A XP weekend would help us greatly please hold a weekend soon. This game is pretty old, can't see a XP weekend hurt it in anyway... It's this sort of thing that vamps up the player base not hurt it.

Cursed Shadow
14-02-14, 12:58
Their response, from recollection was that there would be much lower populations between XP events.
To be honest though, that's just tough luck with the age range for this game.

Doc Holliday
14-02-14, 18:15
Yeah, a career with a wife and 3 furry kids is a shitload more demanding on my time than work/school. I probably play as much in a week as I used to in 1-2 days.

Why are your children furry? :cool:

Seriously its not a bad idea in some ways as it will plant the hook in people like what was argued in the brainport thread. Battlefield 4 has it with double xp weekends for premium members (suckers who paid $60 US) so i dont see why it couldnt be done for this game (which we pay zilch for)

Xeno LARD
15-02-14, 01:48
Wow can you wish i was really rich of something, cos it's a double XP weekend now. RESULT!

Trivaldi
15-02-14, 02:30
Afaik they are used when unforeseen downtimes occur or on special occasions. Not regular however. You can check up on facebook, twitter and so on.
Correct. We use them to let our players make up for lost time if we have an outage and when we have something to celebrate like the release of a patch, a holiday or something like the release of our new website (http://www.neocron-game.com/announcements/new-product-launcher-websites).

William Antrim
15-02-14, 10:10
Keep it going for a week please! I am working all fckin weekend!

AlvaroT
15-02-14, 12:31
What about +50% xp weekends? Keep 2x /3x for celebrations and attract people on free time with little increased xp

William Antrim
15-02-14, 13:51
Anything to make the grind on my pe's to woc easier would be great.

Dropout
15-02-14, 15:42
Anything to make the grind on my pe's to woc easier would be great.

Maaaaan.. You should have done it when there was 3x XP.. Took me about 5-6 hours from capped PE to WoC'd PE :p

William Antrim
15-02-14, 17:00
I know, believe me buddy. I have managed to successfully avoid most of the double xp gains in the last twelve months due a combination of work, more work, studying and generally forgetting to log on. However I am hoping for more of these random events in the future. Without reading anything into Triv's post - he did say special occasions - then I hope to get some more levelling in during the double xp times. In the meantime I will just level up on the sly tbh. Its boring in regants but its the best xp for now and it keeps me in the money.

It took 2-3 weeks for a few hours a time for the last one. About 50 hours total I estimate. Over 2-3 months its not that much :)

The only reason I do it though is because I already have one of all of the other chars capped.

If I was in the OP's position I could see myself quitting easily tbh. I agree with the frequency of these events increasing but as various people in the know have said, if you give away too much xp in these events people will stop logging in during normal xp times. That would be even more detrimental to the game.

BolognaTugboat
17-02-14, 03:23
This is my first time to play this weekend right now...grr. This is why I would love to have a heads up. Or maybe I should just not be playing games that require this amount of time anymore

Wow can you wish i was really rich of something, cos it's a double XP weekend now. RESULT!

Crappy result I had no time to play except for the next few hours. This is exactly why I would like to see if one is coming up ahead of time!!

MayhemMichael
17-02-14, 05:47
The ol' mustard tiger needs a little advance notice.

Original monk
17-02-14, 11:17
Thank you for the increased XP gain this weekend, it was a most welcome suprise !

TychoAvalon
23-02-14, 20:00
I been here for 6 years, playing religiously every day, and I can count the number of times double xp was on with one hand.
I find that really, really, really sad.

I would like there to be not only 2xp weekends, but at times servers and such have extended downtime, bump to 3x for 24 hours.

My reasoning is simple: (no particular order here)

1. We need to bring out some of the vets that we've lost over the years. THEY know more about NC than the WIKI (God bless then anyways) will ever have on site. We mid-timers to NC need that info and knowledge. Period.
In the real world, The only capital that matters is intellectual capital. So in the real, much too in NC.

2. Oh my God, the leveling grind to WoC is just that at the moment. Boring. When it takes a week and a half---a week and a half I say--- playing the same toon 10-12 hours a day to get there (and yes, I have), my thought is,
"What the hell am I doing this for exactly???!!???!....armor? Meh.
Nuff said, yes?

3. The fun in the game almost can't start until you are capped out. PvP or not. The weapons largely suck even at mid-high level (unless you carry 5slot guns), and only at the top with 3+ slots are fun anymore.
Bring back either the fun of greater weapon damage, or reward us for playing at all with good xp.

Thanks for listening. I hope the NC team sees the wisdom of my words and acts accordingly.

Ivan Eres
24-02-14, 12:54
/signed for more XP events

Cursed Shadow
24-02-14, 12:56
/signed for more XP events or just a general increase to standard XP and currency gain.

Dasore
24-02-14, 15:14
wtf are you guys whining about all day...

leveling a charakter for woc in 2 weeks... whats the problem with that, btw your just dump if it takes that long atm. spy takes 24 hours, apu bout the the same, tank depends on what ur doing.

i hate that double xp shit, people just level then or start whining in forums when the next one is.
in nc1 it took you 2 to 3 month to cap a character (without even capping int on a monk) even when you were leveling in crp caves.

in my opinion they should stop the double xp, remove all mobs except the boss from regants bossroom, try to fix crp caves with all that walls.

No real new player needs the double xp, first of all they dont have the money then to get their weapons build and need to level with storebought shit... oh yeah that what ll keep the playing... till /50 with storebought... you should see how happy are new onces when they get their first weapon build.
Also they dont really care bout the leveling speed, they are running around and look at things, even when its not that good for xp/hour.

so stop whining when you already leveled one character you should know how to cap at least 1 character per weekend, otherwise read again from the top :)

Drachenpaladin
24-02-14, 15:21
leveling a charakter for woc in 2 weeks... whats the problem with that, btw your just dump if it takes that long atm. spy takes 24 hours, apu bout the the same, tank depends on what ur doing.
http://www.angelanoelle.com/.a/6a00d83453dc2969e2017ee97da352970d-800wi

No real new player needs the double xp, first of all they dont have the money then to get their weapons build and need to level with storebought shit... oh yeah that what ll keep the playing... till /50 with storebought... you should see how happy are new onces when they get their first weapon build.
Also they dont really care bout the leveling speed, they are running around and look at things, even when its not that good for xp/hour.

so stop whining when you already leveled one character you should know how to cap at least 1 character per weekend, otherwise read again from the top :)
:rolleyes:

Powerpunsh
24-02-14, 15:43
Dasore, thats just possible if you abuse the AI on an expert level. :)

I would support a less mob concentration in e.g. regants, a restricted appearance of "spawnmobs" in a cave/grave and stuff and to compensate that increase the general xp by 20-30% so people getting their xp for solohunting without massive AoE/bomb/Barrel action with like 30 mobs in focus... Or just cut the damage down, so a AoE weapon can only do max damage to a maximum of 3 mobs. If there are more just divide the damage.

zii
24-02-14, 21:01
Just got back to the game and my play time is low, I could really use one of the xp weekends I have heard about. I am wondering where I can watch to see if any info is posted on upcoming xp weekends or days or anything!

I can only play on weekdays so xp weekends would be lost on me, and I don't really need them, and thought I should like to chime in anyway.... he he.

zii
24-02-14, 21:02
Dasore, thats just possible if you abuse the AI on an expert level. :)

I would support a less mob concentration in e.g. regants, a restricted appearance of "spawnmobs" in a cave/grave and stuff and to compensate that increase the general xp by 20-30% so people getting their xp for solohunting without massive AoE/bomb/Barrel action with like 30 mobs in focus... Or just cut the damage down, so a AoE weapon can only do max damage to a maximum of 3 mobs. If there are more just divide the damage.

Would take years to level a droner.

William Antrim
25-02-14, 07:45
Would take years to level a droner.

No longer than any rifler or pistoler tbh. There are still single target drones in existence.

TychoAvalon
28-02-14, 09:13
wtf are you guys whining about all day...
24 hours for a spy? Show me. Let me watch you do that.
I'm positively dying to see how you do that without exploits.

i hate that double xp shit, people just level then or start whining in forums when the next one is.
in nc1 it took you 2 to 3 month to cap a character (without even capping int on a monk) even when you were leveling in crp caves.
Whining? ...have you even read this forum? A lot of folks in this thread and the others are giving more 'thank you's' to Reakktor than whining.
And,...
It isn't 2 weeks dude. Its 4-8 atm, depending on how much time you can steal from the thing called Real Life. (For the low levels, I don't mind it so much really cuz I like to play the game, but....)
As for WoC--Jesus Tap-dancing Christ...
I've been playing the same tank every day for at least 8 hrs/day for the last 2 weeks slinging a 3 slot (2 dmg & 1 freq) CA plasma wave doing 330/shot and I'm still less than halfway there. That isn't the mobs I'm hitting either dude so don't give me that crap or tell me how hard I suck. I'm doing Regants. Easiest high-level XP on the map imho.

wtf are you guys whining about all day... No real new player needs the double xp, first of all they dont have the money then to get their weapons build and need to level with storebought shit... oh yeah that what ll keep the playing... till /50 with storebought... you should see how happy are new onces when they get their first weapon build.
Whining?.... whining you say. ...Hmm...
The OP wasn't whining. Neither are folks 'whining' as you say from what I'm reading from anyone else in this thread. I see constructive suggestions by coherent, focused people who want this game to find the success it quite richly deserves.
I applaud them, even if I don't whole heartedly agree with all they say.

I'm guessing you read more into the OP based on your own baggage than you should have.
Jus' sayin'.

Wether or not you like or can stand 2xXP, a lot of folks in here do.
Like me.
So,... You're outvoted. :)

And yes, there's room enough of the server for all of us.

---Tycho

Dasore
28-02-14, 11:01
24 hours for a spy? Show me. Let me watch you do that.
I'm positively dying to see how you do that without exploits.

TL 150s till 33 or 32 on all stats, rhinoing firemobs with repair till dex/int 8X, get the right implants and use punisher in regants... and i have done it more than once.

It isn't 2 weeks dude. Its 4-8 atm, depending on how much time you can steal from the thing called Real Life. (For the low levels, I don't mind it so much really cuz I like to play the game, but....)
As for WoC--Jesus Tap-dancing Christ...
I've been playing the same tank every day for at least 8 hrs/day for the last 2 weeks slinging a 3 slot (2 dmg & 1 freq) CA plasma wave doing 330/shot and I'm still less than halfway there. That isn't the mobs I'm hitting either dude so don't give me that crap or tell me how hard I suck. I'm doing Regants. Easiest high-level XP on the map imho.

Sry can't understand that... First of all regants with CA-Wave. Second wtf? get aoe and grind 4-6mil a run in the bossroom.
Third you suck pretty hard, otherwise i dont understand why ur not fullcapp. 30 mins ceres give about 2-3 mil con xp even...

Load_HeavyLoad
28-02-14, 11:24
I dont see why we couldnt have one weekend a month calendarised as double XP then have a whole week of double XP to make up for downtime (or triple XP)

William Antrim
28-02-14, 17:56
Once a month server would be full, all the rest of the time it would be empty. Most likely.

Dropout
28-02-14, 18:33
Once a month server would be full, all the rest of the time it would be empty. Most likely.

Sad but true.

William Antrim
01-03-14, 00:01
The other part about it is during KKs days you never even saw such a thing as double xp day! You were lucky if you got an event that wasnt player run at some times in NC's history.

Triv already said in one of his posts recently - they want to save the double XP stuff for special occasions. To me that means when there is something to celebrate (another milestone like Sparta release or something) or a public holiday maybe or Xmas etc etc.

If we get too many of them people will demand them all the time, if they become the norm people will demand double xp all the time. If they are given during "special" times (as above) people appreciate them for what they are and take full advantage of the time they get.

It is not hard to cap a char in todays NC, it is not hard to get donations from the players who by now have amassed great personal wealth. All you have to do is make a thread and say hey guys im gonna get back into the game - can anyone give me a dig out. Or say the same on HELP channel in the game.

There are enough people who will bend over backwards to help out.

As a casual player you can easily cap your char in a few weeks at standard XP. Anyone who says otherwise is just doing it wrong. Anyone who doesnt understand how to do that only has to ask as there are plenty of ways to do it, with help from the rest of the community or solo.

If people want to log on to a capped char and begin the pvp right away then there is battlefield 4. If people want to enjoy a cyberpunk atmosphere and the cruel world soaked in it then they need NC.

If anyone reads this post and wants help getting back into the game then feel free to pm me. I will help in any way possible to assist old and new players getting into nc.

hudsonbeck
01-03-14, 01:24
If anyone reads this post and wants help getting back into the game then feel free to pm me. I will help in any way possible to assist old and new players getting into nc.

I can vouch for this... William has been very helpful to me and my efforts to get back into NC!
When I first began playing over 12 years ago I had all the time in the world and zero knowledge of the innerworkings of a Neocron. I literally spent days and days and probably weeks killing roaches, flies and spiders in the sewers. I still feel those damn roaches are the hardest things to keep targeted! Probably the best tool to improve aim and maintaining target lock (picturing rocky balboa chasing a chicken around). Now I have little time as I have a wife and two kids( 3 & 6) but I have a good base of knowledge to offset the time. William has helped me remember what's been forgotten and educate me to the new things in game.

I also have to say that there have been several people ingame that have spent a good bit of their time and cash to help. It's been nice.

Of course there are still dbags but they also add to the experience... Providing motivation to get stronger/better so that in time I will have a cab full of their dog tags. Are there still dog tags? :)

William Antrim
01-03-14, 02:08
Yes there are.

Tbh though there are a lot of safezone warriors in nc now.

Ivan Eres
01-03-14, 18:32
I still feel those damn roaches are the hardest things to keep targeted!

Try using your fists (alt+h). Same for bees. And get brass knuckles for more dmg.

William Antrim
01-03-14, 19:21
Tl 3 grenade launcher all the way. Best noob weapon in the game.

Go in the sewer and empty every clip down the corridors. It's just another bug hunt. :)