PDA

View Full Version : That thread with the stuff you need to install (C++ etc)

William Antrim
06-02-14, 20:36
I cannot find the thread with all of the windows updates you need to do.

My pc had to get restarted today and restored somehow and now I cannot dual log, I wanna get all of that stuff reinstalled (the dx stuff etc) and I cannot find the thread to see if that is the problem.

Can someone link me it? Or sticky it so I do not need to be nooby again?

L0KI
06-02-14, 20:59
I cannot find the thread with all of the windows updates you need to do.

My pc had to get restarted today and restored somehow and now I cannot dual log, I wanna get all of that stuff reinstalled (the dx stuff etc) and I cannot find the thread to see if that is the problem.

Can someone link me it? Or sticky it so I do not need to be nooby again?

Use the installer from here : http://www.neocron-game.com/

It contains all that stuff. ;)

William Antrim
06-02-14, 21:53
I did install the game but I cannot dual log now. When I try to my pc just gives me a client.exe error and it boots me out. Before I could do this and it was all good. I figured it was something to do with that as I do not want to reinstall tbh. :(

Divide
06-02-14, 22:44
If your game is crashing on launch of a second client, it's most likely related to either DX or your drivers. I don't know where this thread you allude to may be, but you are on the right track. The game is DX9, so you can grab the DX9 redistributable from MS and pray. Also, snag new video drivers and pray. I say pray because many times a direct crash to desktop really doesn't give you evidence or logging to move forward with.

Trivaldi
06-02-14, 23:54
The latest client from http://www.neocron-game.com is all you need to get Neocron running on modern Windows systems (assuming you meet the specification, of course). While we don't forbid dual logging it's not something that's officially supported by us or the client. Generally though the biggest roadblock to dual logging is the need to change the configured port between starting each client.

Perhaps it's this (http://retailserver.neocron-game.com/?q=content/troubleshooting-neocron) or maybe this (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146737-FAQ-NEOCRON-does-not-do-what-you-want-it-to-do-Please-read-here-first!) you're looking for.

William Antrim
07-02-14, 09:57
That is exactly what I need thanks Triv.

I know that dual logging is "forbidden". I am happy to take the risk. I wouldnt bother the official channels normally but this pc needs to be formatted and restarted from scratch. It is showing its age now anyway. I just want it to work for a few more months till I can get my bonus from work and get a new one. For now I am only running nc on it and a f ew browsers programs that dont need much memory but I am currently stuck in 1995 resolutions on my screen due to driver issues.

It is a long problem that has plagued me for a while (since xmas) but the newer drivers have been incompatible with my pc and so I end up going back to 6 or 7 year old drivers for some odd reason. Because I run nc in 1024x768 though it has never really mattered about the desktop res.

Anyway a good friend of mine is helping me resolve this issue so I will be sorted soon.

Thanks for all your help though gents, I do not know what I would do without you sometimes!

Trivaldi
07-02-14, 10:25
I know that dual logging is "forbidden".

While we don't forbid dual logging...
Just to be clear ;)

Dropout
07-02-14, 15:14
I know that dual logging is "forbidden".
Hehe I triple and quad log on a daily basis.. :p
And as Triv just said, it isnt forbidden..

AlvaroT
07-02-14, 16:23
Masochistic way - install copy on virtual machine.

William Antrim
08-02-14, 13:20
Yeah I'm a bit of a noob with pc's. I've used a virtual machine for hacking and for uni work with that but that was all done for me. I'm gonna just format the pc I think because it turns out I have a Windows update I need that my pc refuses to download.

I think that is the route of my problems. I just need some sort of guide to follow to make it all work.