PDA

View Full Version : Hovertaxi improvements

AlvaroT
03-02-14, 13:34
Hovertaxis are quite useless compared to subway. Their paths are short and their stations are in rather non functional places.
My suggestion is to give player possibility to indicate where taxi should go - and add more destination points.

1. Add a terminal next to taxi pod where player can set destination point - faction HQs, traders, clubs etc.
2. After setting a destination, nearest non occupied taxi is going to the pod where player is.
3. Player sit in taxi, so taxi can go to destination
4. If there is another non-occupied taxi in the destination pod, call that taxi to fly away to next free pod. If there is occupied taxi in the way (player called taxi, but is not in it yet), non player taxi fly up a little and wait player to get out of taxi.

This could be quite helpfull for new players or those players that are lazy to walk.

hatmankh
03-02-14, 14:05
Sounds like a nightmare to code and for little benefit, most people still wouldn't use them.

Dropout
03-02-14, 15:31
Sounds like a nightmare to code and for little benefit, most people still wouldn't use them.

^^This.

I see the hovercabs as something to make the zones seem more alive.. Nothing more.

Doc Holliday
04-02-14, 05:17
I see the hovercabs as something to make the zones seem more alive.. Nothing more.

^^This.

I think that was the original intention. atmosphere.

That said alvarots idea is a nice one. However hard it may be to implement.