PDA

View Full Version : What's your most hated mobs?

Xeno LARD
23-01-14, 12:53
I was running to regents the other day through the random cache of hurlers, butchees and mutants and thought "Man, there's a collection of my most hated mobs in NC".

Wherever you are, whatever mobs are about, butchees/hurlers are the most annoying bastards. They attack from miles away, make the whole screen shake when they plant a grenade at your foot and have enough health to make taking them down a conscious effort no matter what level.

I don't like the mutants either because there's always one prick with a bloody nail gun knocking me about.

What's your most hated? Either because they look ugly, have annoying behaviors or some other reason.

Netphreak
23-01-14, 14:50
I was running to regents the other day through the random cache of hurlers, butchees and mutants and thought "Man, there's a collection of my most hated mobs in NC".

Wherever you are, whatever mobs are about, butchees/hurlers are the most annoying bastards. They attack from miles away, make the whole screen shake when they plant a grenade at your foot and have enough health to make taking them down a conscious effort no matter what level.

I don't like the mutants either because there's always one prick with a bloody nail gun knocking me about.

What's your most hated? Either because they look ugly, have annoying behaviors or some other reason.

I should say all weapon using mobs are they can all aim faster than you can and out range you by miles. (mutants and spiderbots are rediculous for this)

Top of my list probably is Grim Perc due to it's insane damage and sometimes invisible attack and HOPPERS! They may only be rank 68 but once they get a couple of stacks of fire on you it really starts to hurt.
Terror Raptors are also bad as they can spawn tons of giant raptors which also do stacking fire damage attacks that will take you down quick if caught out in the open.

Gotta agree that hurlers and mutants are the most annoying due to screen shake and constantly being pushed about from mutant nail gun or rifle hits.

Drachenpaladin
23-01-14, 15:00
Doy Bomber. Doy Drones. Ceres Soldiers. Grim Persis. WBTs. Those who insta kill a fully buffed CON-WoC 8 Tank...

Netphreak
23-01-14, 15:11
Doy Bomber. Doy Drones. Ceres Soldiers. Grim Persis. WBTs. Those who insta kill a fully buffed CON-WoC 8 Tank...

Actually yeah this too. Mobs who simplely do far too much damage per hit. High level mobs should be difficult/hard but rewarding to fight. Not instant death unless you have a PPU strapped to you and even then you can be easily killed.
Y-Reps are another on this list.

Jack Slater
23-01-14, 16:45
Actually yeah this too. Mobs who simplely do far too much damage per hit. High level mobs should be difficult/hard but rewarding to fight. Not instant death unless you have a PPU strapped to you and even then you can be easily killed.
Y-Reps are another on this list.

Don't agree too much with that. If you don't need a PPU to survive some hits a 100/100 Hoverbot would simply be a joke compared to you being a 70/65ish.

I only hate Hoverbots because they get stuck in trees and often you need to relog to hack/loot them.

Mobs that I hate most are Units (Artillery/defence/...)! They get pulled from tiny bits of actions, their hitbox sucks and they often come in hugh bunches.

Drachenpaladin
23-01-14, 17:33
Don't agree too much with that. If you don't need a PPU to survive some hits a 100/100 Hoverbot would simply be a joke compared to you being a 70/65ish.

Still fucking annoying if you get sniped out of your vehicle from miles away by a DoY Hover bomber out of nowhere. It wouldn't be a problem if they weren't swarming all over TH entrances and nuking everything on sight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Netphreak
23-01-14, 18:16

I only hate Hoverbots because they get stuck in trees and often you need to relog to hack/loot them.

Mobs that I hate most are Units (Artillery/defence/...)! They get pulled from tiny bits of actions, their hitbox sucks and they often come in hugh bunches.

If mobs had the same delay in aiming and range as players then yeah them hitting you for almost all your health per hit might not be an issue, but they don't. They can snipe you across a zone and seemingly instantly lock on/aim you as soon as you are out from cover. (also the whole client/server delay/health bounce issue makes it even worse. doesn't matter if you've got the right armour on and have high resists, 2 quick successive hits will kill you before the client updates the damage taking your resists into account)

Then of course there's also the fact that mobs like the DoY bots are usually in groups.

William Antrim
23-01-14, 20:37
Black Roachs. Hate those cunts.

Divide
23-01-14, 21:44
Y Reps and DoY Bots.
Nothing ruins a good venture warp quite like landing in between 10 of these mobs clustered together for some unknown purpose other than to give you a plasma colonic.

Xeno LARD
24-01-14, 01:48
Y Reps and DoY Bots.
Nothing ruins a good venture warp quite like landing in between 10 of these mobs clustered together for some unknown purpose other than to give you a plasma colonic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep I know what you mean!

Torg
24-01-14, 05:39
Aggressor captains. theyre making the game boring for generations of new players.

NAPPER
24-01-14, 10:11
The guys with the nail guns at Laucher Pit in I06 they knock you back and very annoying to aim at.

NAPPER
24-01-14, 13:24
oh and Spider bots that hurt more then any other mob in the game

Daza400
26-01-14, 10:47
Sewer bees
bane of my existence

yavimaya
26-01-14, 10:58
small dragonflies....

or maybe they arent as bad these days?

they were always the worst by far.

Kava
26-01-14, 13:13
http://oi43.tinypic.com/25jxc3a.jpg
Godda love the rare breed of flying doomreaper.

Trivaldi
30-01-14, 15:59
Clearly we don't get the Lil' Bastard out often enough. ;)

Dropout
30-01-14, 17:13

I dont think Ive seen Lil' Bastard since 2.1 lol..
But yeah that thing is just a straight up BEAST! :p

Faid
31-01-14, 03:41
I remember it used to drop an empty data cube :(

nikkon
31-01-14, 05:12
i have to say the worst mob is the "oh look im dead at gr gank" mob but that is me 2nd to that would be invisible warbots they hurt

Cursed Shadow
31-01-14, 15:02
The guys in Lost Outskirts.

They're level 2 guys that almost kill you in one shot at lower levels because their shotgun damage is just ridiculous. (Don't worry, your legs will be too knackered to escape the second shot!)

The respawn timer on them is pretty crazy too, if you kill them on your way in, they'll all have respawned since chatting to the NPC for the Jones mission.

I usually 'set kill self' just because it's easier than trying to run out.

RogerRamjet
31-01-14, 16:26

Sounds like a threat ;)

Original monk
06-02-14, 12:27
Small spiderbot by far..

Powerpunsh
06-02-14, 14:21
tiny flying single mechbots,

Doc Holliday
06-02-14, 14:39
Powerpunshs.

alehound
09-02-14, 01:49

the annoying twats that gank newbies.

MayhemMichael
09-02-14, 18:41
This by far.. It's quite annoying if you are a noob that has never played the game before trying to do the noobie missions from the helpful man in your apartment..