PDA

View Full Version : Have not played Neocron 2 in a while...

darkedone02
06-01-14, 12:10
So after visiting this old forgotten game that I used to play long time ago, I wonder how much has changed since the last time I've played, hell I don't even remember the slightest date that I've first play this game. How strong is the community in the game? how many people still play this game? I want to go back and replay this whole entire game that i used to like but I really dislike joining in a deserted mmo that nobody plays and been hidden in the dark for ages.

hatmankh
06-01-14, 12:50
Welcome back! :D Peak population these days is from 110 to 160 online, to be honest I can't really tell you much about the community. I've never paid much attention to it, people are mostly friendly especially to new and returning players. The only "negativity" for want of a better word that I notice is always rooted in pvp, trashtalk about ninja hacking outposts and ppus, you can ignore it completely if it bothers you just turn off the ooc channel.

If you started with neocron 2 then things will probably be the same as you remember them, depending on which version you started with the balance could be different but in terms of the world and pve content it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

If you're in Europe and play at normal times (afternoon, evening) you'll always find plenty of people online however there's large parts of the map people don't go to so don't expect to see runners in every zone. Personally if it had been a while since I last logged on and I had neocron on my mind, I wouldn't care if it was deserted or not I'd install again even if it's just for the familiar sights and sounds.

Dropout
06-01-14, 14:59
If the game is deserted, really depends on which timezone you play in..
If you're primarily going to play durring EU primetime, you're golden!
Lot's of opfights, trading and whatever else (maybe except for RP) is going on durring that time.

And eventhough 110-160 people doesnt sound like a lot, in modern MMO settings, its not bad for NC.

Divide
06-01-14, 17:11
It's worth it to come back.

Dribble Joy
06-01-14, 18:27
Just DL the client, check the forum for anything you may need to implement to getting running right and then login and play.
If you still have your old NC2 account details, they should still work.

William Antrim
06-01-14, 23:25
P.s you will have to start from scratch whatever you decide but don't let that put you off. Tonnes if people will help you out a bit.