PDA

View Full Version : Add +DEX to Rifle & Pistol CPU's

Divide
02-01-14, 21:35
So I don't imagine there are many people who aren't aware of this fact already but, if you do not know, there are 6 CPUs that are not in-line with the equivalent CPUs for other classes.

I'm speaking of course of the Long Distance and Close Combat CPUs.
Compartively speaking, every other equivalent (APU, PPU, HC, MC, Drone) provides +MainStat while lacking one +SkillStat. This does two things:
1: Impedes leveling progression for pistol and rifle users.
2: Hampers end-game setups for classes that need to eke out the most efficient +Dex that they can muster.

One of the biggest benefits of adding this back in will be the boost provided to PE's. It is commonly complained about that PE's are in need of some form of balancing to improve their viability.

Dropout
02-01-14, 22:56
I've been saying this for ages, yeah.
I dont see why they shouldnt give +DEX.
It would definitely help PE's a lot - and they really need all the help, they can get..

Divide
02-01-14, 23:17
Dear volcrew,

Any chance you may be so kind to share your thoughts here?

Love,
Divide

William Antrim
03-01-14, 01:37
Agreed tbh.

Torg
03-01-14, 02:20
goodness no. this wont solve the PE problem but start a new spy-o-cron. yes, levelling up to cap on pistols and rifles is slower compared to aoe drones... so cut down aoe dmg in general and boost midrange armor, or even the PE PA. just boosting the pistol and rifle business would bring on a bunch of new problems.

Dropout
03-01-14, 03:14
goodness no. this wont solve the PE problem but start a new spy-o-cron. yes, levelling up to cap on pistols and rifles is slower compared to aoe drones... so cut down aoe dmg in general and boost midrange armor, or even the PE PA. just boosting the pistol and rifle business would bring on a bunch of new problems.

How the hell will this start a new spy-o-cron?! Spies wont gain ANYTHING by this, at cap..
The only spy setup that will gain something by this, is Regants PA Dissy Spy setups.

Divide
03-01-14, 08:07
new spy-o-cron.

you got some 'splainin to do

Khorwin
12-01-14, 10:58
I'm speaking of course of the Long Distance and Close Combat CPUs.
Compartively speaking, every other equivalent (APU, PPU, HC, MC, Drone) provides +MainStat while lacking one +SkillStat.

One of the biggest benefits of adding this back in will be the boost provided to PE's. It is commonly complained about that PE's are in need of some form of balancing to improve their viability.

I have only one question, witch skill points will you remove that don't penalize more the PE than spy? Because you can't let 25 skill points and add a 2.5 stat bonus (lvl 3 implant) regardless to other implants you have to down the skills points to overall 20.

What will you remove, TC, WPL or PC RC?

I only thinks that adding stats and removing 5 skills points wont really help PE endgame.

P.S. adding another useless malus like -10 construction or research would only mean giving bonus without balancing.

William Antrim
12-01-14, 13:05
Lol torg. It's already spy-ocron how would this make that worse? It doesn't at all. That is short sighted to say the least.

Hopefully though, to end on a good note, the balancing team has already seen through all of this.

Netphreak
13-01-14, 01:28
Lol torg. It's already spy-ocron how would this make that worse? It doesn't at all. That is short sighted to say the least.

This. ^

Just make the these particular implants have +DEX bonuses again like they used to.