PDA

View Full Version : Really quick kestion

zii
16-12-13, 23:39
Hoi everybody,

If I carry on using my Tangent minirocket launcher with my PE down in Regents I think I could jump off a cliff. I'd be really grateful if anybody could give useful alternatives. Please! Looking on Techhaven and I did not see anything else.

Thanks!
Ziiiii

Divide
17-12-13, 00:18
Probably best to lom to drones then lom back. Definitely the best option if you want to WoC.

Alternatively, you could go HC and use the (I /think/) TL90 raygun cannon

Dropout
17-12-13, 00:58
Probably best to lom to drones then lom back. Definitely the best option if you want to WoC.

Alternatively, you could go HC and use the (I /think/) TL90 raygun cannon

Trying to get DEX WoC with a HC weapon, will take just as long as it does with a Rocket pistol (if not longer - pretty sure it will take quite a lot longer actually).

Divide
17-12-13, 01:11
Trying to get DEX WoC with a HC weapon, will take just as long as it does with a Rocket pistol (if not longer - pretty sure it will take quite a lot longer actually).

I probably should have spelled out the fact that the HC option was intended as a suggestion if not planning to WoC.

Drachenpaladin
17-12-13, 03:53
Const missions give DEX right? Get a stack from Ressorator, done.

AlvaroT
17-12-13, 08:38
Find someone with rhino and repair it with remote repper tool?

William Antrim
18-12-13, 09:22
Construction missions.... Jesus that would take years, literally.

Doc Holliday
18-12-13, 12:59
paying someone to fix woc requirements on a private eye would be considerably faster im sure ;)

Invi
18-12-13, 17:47
Find someone with rhino and repair it with remote repper tool?

exploit, bro. else non efficient.

better level up new spy.
PE lost his edge since they took away his PSI - rendering him useless in 1v1 pvp combat - which was the reason you played a PE besides farming builds.

so why would you need crossbow anyway - when you can use AK spy needing no aiming skills what so ever.

seriously. i dont level my PE to woc just to find out he still is useless.

AlvaroT
18-12-13, 18:38

idk, Just seen some people asking on chat about it, so I thought that is legal. My bad.

Divide
18-12-13, 20:39
PE lost his edge since they took away his PSI - rendering him useless in 1v1 pvp combat - which was the reason you played a PE besides farming builds.

so why would you need crossbow anyway - when you can use AK spy needing no aiming skills what so ever.

seriously. i dont level my PE to woc just to find out he still is useless.

PE's can still cast pad; pistols out damage rifles in PVP. The AK pales in comparison to the BHG9 or the xbow. WoC PE's with xbows and shields will put a spy down time after time after time.

Dropout
20-12-13, 01:05
PE's can still cast pad; pistols out damage rifles in PVP. The AK pales in comparison to the BHG9 or the xbow. WoC PE's with xbows and shields will put a spy down time after time after time.

No PE with respect for himself uses PSI.. Unless its to feel like the "good old days"..
PE's simply gain way too much, by using a DEX glove, and WAAAAAAY too little resists by using PSI..
A Xbow PE should win over a spy, yes.. But thats only because of the much, much higher piercing resists.

With the exception of the STR based resists, Spy's can gain higher resists than PEs, and still do a lot of damage, where a PE will have to nerf his damage (by using a lower tl weapon) to get similar resists.

Doc Holliday
20-12-13, 02:12

actually its not. its just time consuming not to mention expensive.

Faid
20-12-13, 02:29
exploit, bro. else non efficient..
Definitely not an exploit, its a great way to level up low levels if you have the money for the nanites. Just spec 5 points in repair head out to the vehicle depot and find someone who's quad needs repairing, easy xp :D

Drachenpaladin
20-12-13, 06:27
It occurs to me that it was not intended as a way of leveling, however it is currently tolerated since borked DEX leveling...

Faid
20-12-13, 17:36
Of course it was intended as a way of leveling, just like any other tradeskill... Repairing is a vital aspect of neocron gameplay, things break and they need to be repaired, the repairer gets rewarded xp for his time and effort. It couldn't be anymore intended.

Drachenpaladin
20-12-13, 18:24
Of course it was intended as a way of leveling, just like any other tradeskill... Repairing is a vital aspect of neocron gameplay, things break and they need to be repaired, the repairer gets rewarded xp for his time and effort. It couldn't be anymore intended.

The act of purposefully damaging the vehicle solely for the purpose of repair leveling afaik not, at least that was what i was told by a GM. Just relaying what i got to hear. However, its fine, so: meh.

slith
21-12-13, 13:04
PE's simply gain way too much, by using a DEX glove, and WAAAAAAY too little resists by using PSI..Actually, they don't gain much by using a glove. It's only useful if you want to go for Freeman, Slasher (without WOC), ROLH or Dreadfire - all of them outclassed by the Crossbow/Ionic combo. It would be worth it if the ROLH did register right or the Dreadfire wasn't castrated totally by holy deflector.

PSI Shields might not add much, but they add something. Blessed Deflector + PEs piercing makes you almost immune to prc. And the Absorber... against energy you need every little bit - especially if you are on your own. Not to forget you can annoy the crap out of people with lvl 1 drone buffs.

Also PSI-Shield TL92 Pulselaser + Psi Booster setups are amazing in 1on1.

If repairing a vehicle is a exploit, how do you guys level the dex of a monk?

On topic: Levelling a PE is pretty straightforward... HC until concap, then start droning and finish of the last 10-12 dex levels. You will never reach woc using the rocket pistol, don't even try. If you want WOC get those 3 MC5 Chips and go for Punisher. Even if it's only 15mio missing it will be faster to lom back and forth.

Dropout
21-12-13, 15:25
Actually, they don't gain much by using a glove. It's only useful if you want to go for Freeman, Slasher (without WOC), ROLH or Dreadfire - all of them outclassed by the Crossbow/Ionic combo. It would be worth it if the ROLH did register right or the Dreadfire wasn't castrated totally by holy deflector.

PSI Shields might not add much, but they add something. Blessed Deflector + PEs piercing makes you almost immune to prc. And the Absorber... against energy you need every little bit - especially if you are on your own. Not to forget you can annoy the crap out of people with lvl 1 drone buffs.

Also PSI-Shield TL92 Pulselaser + Psi Booster setups are amazing in 1on1.

Depends on what kind of setup you want to use.. And yes, if you DO have WoC, its not that important.. But WoC on a PE is just insanely painfull to get.
Personally Im far from a fan of PE PA's, so the DEX glove is quite important (most of the time, depending on weapon obviously).

I know that the TL92 + PSI is great for 1vs1 - the problem is that no one ever 1vs1 anymore.. The closest you can get to a 1vs1, is a fight against someone with full PPU buffs..
.....Which is why my 3 capped PEs isnt being used at all anymore..

If repairing a vehicle is a exploit, how do you guys level the dex of a monk?

On topic: Levelling a PE is pretty straightforward... HC until concap, then start droning and finish of the last 10-12 dex levels. You will never reach woc using the rocket pistol, don't even try. If you want WOC get those 3 MC5 Chips and go for Punisher. Even if it's only 15mio missing it will be faster to lom back and forth.
Definitely agrees with this though.
Everyone leveling a PE, should level with HC till CON cap, then lom.. I did get WoC on one of my PE's using rifles though, but that was durring 3x XP.. :p

DER_julu
22-12-13, 10:29
you can get to dex104 without using a woc-pa or dex-glove, making the slasher perfectly viable... the desperado is pretty nifty too, as long as you are fighting a spy or monk. don't know about the ray of god or judge, last time i tried, they were shit.
but with a redflash you are in the range of the BoH, which is rather nice, too. redeemer is great for PvE, and gives xp like hell (woc'ed 2 PE's with it), but shit for pvp, so all that's left (except for the stabber / pulselaser) is woc..

Dribble Joy
22-12-13, 12:40
don't know about the ray of god or judge, last time i tried, they were shit.
Ignoring reloading, the Judge does more dmg than the xbow. Unfortunately its tiny clip and poor aiming means its less potent than the xbow in both areas.

Dropout
22-12-13, 17:26
you can get to dex104 without using a woc-pa or dex-glove, making the slasher perfectly viable... the desperado is pretty nifty too, as long as you are fighting a spy or monk. don't know about the ray of god or judge, last time i tried, they were shit.
but with a redflash you are in the range of the BoH, which is rather nice, too. redeemer is great for PvE, and gives xp like hell (woc'ed 2 PE's with it), but shit for pvp, so all that's left (except for the stabber / pulselaser) is woc..

Ofc you can reach a good amount of DEX, but DEX alone do not make a PE viable..

My take on the (non-WoC) PE reachable weapons

Termi = Not even worth the mention.
Pain Easer = Not too shitty, but not good.
Ionic rifle = Easy to use, alright damage.
Desperado = Pretty good weapon, even against tanks IMO.
Libra = Dont bother.

Stabber = One of the best high tech rifles for a PE.
RoG = Bugged to hell.
Thunderstorm = LoL.
Redeemer = PvE weapon only.

Wyatt = Yeah... Dont use it.
Libby = Hard to aim, but pretty good damage.
Ionic pistol = Must have, but not as main weapon.

TL92 Pulselaser = Probably the best non-WoC hightech pistol.
Judge = As DJ said.
Steiner = Useless.
Slasher = Same as the TL92, but harder to reach.
BoH = Bugged to hell.

So not a lot of non-WoC viable weapons.
And if you, like me do not like using PA on PE's the things you can reach is pretty limited, Especially if you want to actually do damage with whatever you're using.

Ignoring reloading, the Judge does more dmg than the xbow. Unfortunately its tiny clip and poor aiming means its less potent than the xbow in both areas.

And the very fast freq of Judge means that you gotta have a very good aim to do anything close to Xbow damage..
Gimme my 2.1 Judge back! :p

EDIT: Totally off topic.. Sorry about that - I just love PE's...

Dribble Joy
23-12-13, 00:39
Indeed.

The burst-rate is probably higher than most 4-round burst weapons, meaning you can't place/time shots; you have to constantly track a target.

In NC1 it was even lower; around 160-175rpm compared to the 210+ that you get now. Even the old cap of 185 was possibly too rapid.

slith
23-12-13, 14:01
Libra = Dont bother.What? It's one of the strongest Rifles in the game if you have the aim to make it work..

DER_julu
23-12-13, 16:33
What? It's one of the strongest Rifles in the game if you have the aim to make it work..
it's fine damagewise, tried it a couple fights yesterday. downside to it is the enourmous stamina drain, though. i'm not sure if it'll work for continuous fighting with all the stamboosters i went through. gotta test it some more, though...

Doc Holliday
23-12-13, 18:13
nc1. i miss you. :) Give the pe some love. ploz.