PDA

View Full Version : Development Update?

Invi
10-12-13, 14:15
Any development update for december planned?

After hearing that there is a graphical update (in some sort) comming, and there are plans to "promote" the game after the next retail patch - im kind of hyped for a bigger playerbase. in a way that i see this game with 50% population 24/7 hyped.

also there is a lot of drama going on in the forums and even you dev's start commenting - im starting to feel a little hurt in my butt that upstanding "shutting the f*** up" players, like myself, deserve a bit of attention too from you guys.

more insight into development process - less insight to drama ;)

just saying ;)

please?

-invi

Trivaldi
10-12-13, 16:27
Soon™.

(before Christmas)

Doc Holliday
10-12-13, 16:55
Soon™.

(before Christmas)

consider that of biblical proportions.

Invi
10-12-13, 20:14
Soon™.

(before Christmas)

good stuff. good stuff :-)

pottburter
11-12-13, 09:19
and there are plans to "promote" the game after the next retail patch - im kind of hyped for a bigger playerbase
-invi

Imho, before any "promotion" is done the issues with "invisible" mobs and "invisible" shots by mobs should be addressed and resolved first. They are ingame too long already and caused too many pve'lers I know leave the game again.

Zoltan
11-12-13, 12:36
Imho, before any "promotion" is done the issues with "invisible" mobs and "invisible" shots by mobs should be addressed and resolved first. They are ingame too long already and caused too many pve'lers I know leave the game again.

Yes, we need a more stable base before we can do any promotion out there, but we are on it. There is a stealth bug too, it would be awesome if anyone of you could find out how to reproduce this bug. I guess it has something to do with medikits, nanites and recreation units.

Invi
11-12-13, 13:01
Yes, we need a more stable base before we can do any promotion out there, but we are on it. There is a stealth bug too, it would be awesome if anyone of you could find out how to reproduce this bug. I guess it has something to do with medikits, nanites and recreation units.

make true sight sanctum nanites - claim its not a bug, someone must have been near you with sanctum nanites. =)

now i go look at the EA-Support Joboffer i got.

they said in the neocast that promotion will be massmailing to the neocron and techhaven account assets. this means everyone included into the promoting will, at some point, have already played neocron and know what he is in for.

i had so many failsyncs in 2.0 and dropped so many PAs while not being able to move.....
neocron is so much more stable then it was back in the day! this should be enough for vet's to give it one more go? isnt it?

man.. cant be this hard to get 500 people on a free oldschool niche mmorpg. stealthbug or not ^_^

maybe we need to make some fancy video and kickstart it ;-)
"hi my name is zoltan - and i work on Neocron. Neocron is ...:" *trendy music in background*

nabbl
11-12-13, 13:03
Stamina Boosters, Medi Kits and taking drugs while in stealth can cause that you appear for the enemy.

Bifrost
11-12-13, 14:01
Stamina Boosters, Medi Kits and taking drugs while in stealth can cause that you appear for the enemy.

Thanks I'll investigate that a little more.

Does anyone know any other ways that cause the stealth bug?

nabbl
11-12-13, 14:34
To specify this a bit further.

Taking drugs which enhance your main skills almost always bring you out of stealth. (not on your side but on the other player side).
Medi kits and Stamina booster MAY bring you out of stealth. But it is not always the case.

Dropout
11-12-13, 14:46
To specify this a bit further.

Taking drugs which enhance your main skills almost always bring you out of stealth. (not on your side but on the other player side).
Medi kits and Stamina booster MAY bring you out of stealth. But it is not always the case.

Yup. This ^

Bruder Malmsdoo
11-12-13, 22:36

Please don't forget the whistscreen-bug after synchronizing.

Dribble Joy
11-12-13, 23:24

*Wonders if this is such a bad idea......*

Divide
11-12-13, 23:49
As long as the stealth break occurs on the stealther's screen, it's not so bad. Given the fact that there are stealth break drugs already, I think breaking stealth for using other drugs is kind of stupid; but, then again, I'm stupid. So, there's that.

Dribble Joy
12-12-13, 01:19
As long as the stealth break occurs on the stealther's screen, it's not so bad. Given the fact that there are stealth break drugs already, I think breaking stealth for using other drugs is kind of stupid; but, then again, I'm stupid. So, there's that.

We're getting a little OT, but the idea that any action by the stealthee might break stealth on both sides is an interesting option to explore.

Drachenpaladin
12-12-13, 01:35
We're getting a little OT, but the idea that any action by the stealthee might break stealth on both sides is an interesting option to explore.

Given that you can turn that bug into a feature ^^

Without causing further bugs...

Bifrost
12-12-13, 16:46
On the subject of the stealth bug we need more information and help.

For those who have experienced the stealth bug, please can you post any information in this thread in the bug reports forum. (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?154812-575-R-185-The-stealth-bug)

Thanks

William Antrim
13-12-13, 00:45
I think that this idea about action breaking stealth is a fucking brilliant one.

pottburter
13-12-13, 11:00
First of all:
Yes, I'm an excessive stealth user.

My Main is a Trader spy in the making with currently a weird rifle/conster/researcher skill setting until cap and lomming.
Therefore I have to rely on the Stealth Tolls to get around and dodgeing/escaping pvp, which in I'm a bloody noob.

Please don't break my toy :-)

I don't know if it could be a good/bad idea balancing-wise, but if yes please look for a different way to take stealth into account and don't change this feature.

William Antrim
13-12-13, 11:16
At what point do the proposed changes break your toy? I have 2 tradeskillers without le in and I walk around freely on both. Or use the gr to go to hq once in a blue moon and bulk buy supplies. I don't know how the changes will affect you tbh in any intrusive way.

Invi
13-12-13, 12:04
At what point do the proposed changes break your toy? I have 2 tradeskillers without le in and I walk around freely on both. Or use the gr to go to hq once in a blue moon and bulk buy supplies. I don't know how the changes will affect you tbh in any intrusive way.

his life is so much more exciting then yours is.. ;)

Haitek
14-12-13, 13:09
Main problem with stealth tool bug is that, on your client, you are in stealth (and thus not able to use weapons etc) while everybody else (including mobs) can see you and shoot you.
If some actions should cause you to drop from stealth, that would be ok, as long as you won't be in stealth in your client also (and could act accordingly).
Unfortunately, i have no idea about circumstances which cause it - sometimes stealth tool just works, sometimes it doesn't.

aKe`cj
14-12-13, 15:38
for the love of my nerves, please follow the link Bifrost posted (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?154812-575-R-185-The-stealth-bug) to add your (much appreciated) input on the stealth issue.
everytime this thread ("development update?") shows up in the activity stream I get all excited for no reason ;)

Drachenpaladin
14-12-13, 16:28
for the love of my nerves, please follow the link Bifrost posted (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?154812-575-R-185-The-stealth-bug) to add your (much appreciated) input on the stealth issue.
everytime this thread ("development update?") shows up in the activity stream I get all excited for no reason ;)

Is it there yet? :p

William Antrim
15-12-13, 20:50
his life is so much more exciting then yours is.. ;)

My dad is bigger than yours...

Xenios
25-12-13, 11:46
And here we go :)

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?154895-Development-Update-%96-December-2013&p=2223101#post2223101

ancient
09-01-14, 05:02

I hate this idea, any "random" feature to do with pvp is a strict nono imo. crits/misses etc are not much worse then a stealth working sometimes and then not others. I want something that does what it says, and that's it. I want to rely on my skill and quick wit, not random chance!!!!!

There's plenty of ways to kill a stelther, AOE, x-bow, CS ... and ofc True Sight. There's a reason spys can stealth, it's cos they are weak as shit resist wise. I know I'd be super pissed if I'd skilfully stelthed out of harms way, only for it to break and get pwned by no fault of my own. That kinda random shit should be left to be perpetrated by the bugs, and then be fixed by the guys upstairs.

Dribble Joy
09-01-14, 09:27
Didn't mean it like that.

I meant that stealth would remain until the stealthee performed an action aside from movement. So things like activating a medkit, stam booster, etc.
No random element.

Trivaldi
09-01-14, 11:52
Please start a new Brainport topic if you'd like to discuss stealth ideas further. Any commentary on the Development Update or the mentioned stealth bug should be taken to the relevant threads linked above.

Cheers,