PDA

View Full Version : Frameless Full-screen Windowed Mode

Divide
05-11-13, 22:03
My suggestion is as short and simple as it sounds. I like the flexibility that windowed mode provides for a few reasons, but refuse to use it when there is a frame around the game. At this point in time, the only real example that I have of excellence with this type of rendering is from WoW. I don't seem to recall that D3 even did it that well, but I'm probably just stupid.

The beauty of this mode is that there is no frame to poop all over immersion, and utilizing resources outside of the game doesn't cause the "screen flash" that one would normally see with non-windowed full-screen when alt-tabbing.

Agent L
13-11-13, 11:18
huh?
Fullscreen has no frame.
Window has to have a frame and a titlebar, how otherwise would you manage it among other windows?

The only thing I'd wish for was switching between fullscreen and windowed (typically alt-enter) I think it even worked back in nc1.

nabbl
13-11-13, 14:56
My suggestion is as short and simple as it sounds. I like the flexibility that windowed mode provides for a few reasons, but refuse to use it when there is a frame around the game. At this point in time, the only real example that I have of excellence with this type of rendering is from WoW. I don't seem to recall that D3 even did it that well, but I'm probably just stupid.

The beauty of this mode is that there is no frame to poop all over immersion, and utilizing resources outside of the game doesn't cause the "screen flash" that one would normally see with non-windowed full-screen when alt-tabbing.

Solution (or at least a work around):

http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/

you're welcome of course.