PDA

View Full Version : Item Damage question

Shaikura
28-10-13, 16:04
So after out leveling aggi captains my new spot is Military base. Killing launchers and mobs in the area. But now i'm taking alot of damage even when i'm not hit by anything. Last night my laser cannon became un usable after killing launchers. Is they a way to dodge attacks? Never got high enough to play in this area of the game before. My rank is 45/34 right now and i believe launchers are 52/52. Should i be fighting somewhere else?

hatmankh
28-10-13, 16:41
Weapons get damaged by firing them, not getting attacked. There's nothing you can do to prevent this, as for where to level with your rank you could start hunting firemobs and warbots for good exp and rare parts but as a tank you probably won't have the hack skill to open the warbots. If you just want the fastest levelling then the chaos caves at F12, E12 and E13 or Regants Legacy in E3 are your best options.

Cursed Shadow
28-10-13, 17:36
Are you finding them too easy or too tough?

Shaikura
28-10-13, 19:13
They are not to tough but it takes a bit of time to kill just one of them. The damage i take at range is small. I just got strength up enough to equip new weapon. But still a bit of time to kill just one.

Dribble Joy
28-10-13, 20:04
They are not to tough but it takes a bit of time to kill just one of them. The damage i take at range is small. I just got strength up enough to equip new weapon. But still a bit of time to kill just one.
Just to let you know, Launchers and other mutants have a higher resistance to xray and a lower resistance to fire.

Shaikura
28-10-13, 20:38
Just to let you know, Launchers and other mutants have a higher resistance to xray and a lower resistance to fire.

would this include laser cannon fire?

Faid
29-10-13, 00:50
He means the weapon damage type fire. Regular unmodded laser cannons deal energy damage, but you can also mod them to do x-ray damage or fire damage in addition to the energy damage.

Shaikura
29-10-13, 04:07
He means the weapon damage type fire. Regular unmodded laser cannons deal energy damage, but you can also mod them to do x-ray damage or fire damage in addition to the energy damage.

I have been wondering just how mods work in this game.

AlvaroT
29-10-13, 07:12
Laser weapon + "flazer" modifier + flazer ammo = your weapon do fire damage. Tired of fire damage? Load normal ammo and deal old type of damage. Weapon need slots that are created by random during consting to be modded. There are also other mods, frequency, damage numbers, condition, etc. See any weapon shop for that.

Torg
29-10-13, 11:00
Laser weapon + "flazer" modifier + flazer ammo = your weapon do fire damage.yes, except an ammo modifier will give you additional damage per shot (approx. 25% bonus), so its very recommended. this may be rebalanced in the future, tho.

Shaikura
29-10-13, 20:31
So this Flazer mod will give me fire and 25% damage bonus?

Dribble Joy
29-10-13, 22:02
It won't be pure fire, in fact only about 20% tops, the rest will still be energy. The bonus damage depends on the weapon but it more generally 10% overall.

Shaikura
29-10-13, 22:42
It won't be pure fire, in fact only about 20% tops, the rest will still be energy. The bonus damage depends on the weapon but it more generally 10% overall.

Ok thx Dribble Joy. I have to find me a mod.