PDA

View Full Version : [00857][R#185] Organism Cleaner nanite tool not working

Satan2k2
19-10-13, 00:00
Today I tried to use the organism cleaner to clean shields from enemies.
So I got a slotted one, modded it with anti-absorber nanites and filled it with the nanites.
My first enemy appears and I tried to remove his shield, so I run towards him and "shot" with the nanite tool.. and shoot.. and shoot.. and nothing happens.... Even when someone stands still and I stand near him, nothing happens.

The only thing that happens is, that I can't switch to a weapon for a few seconds after using it.

lawless
19-10-13, 12:54
Nanites will only work on yourself. Therefore if you wish to clean your own shields (maybe someone casted crappy shields on you, dunno why - though it was not possible to overcast with higher shields back then), you will have to use the organism cleaner.

For removing enemy shields, you will have to use the psi spells.
Crahn Blessed Antiprotector TL 96
Holy Unprotector TL 104

Both are PPU spells, the higher on is rare.

Nanites will not have ANY effect on other players but yourself.

Massaker
19-10-13, 14:44
Nanites will only work on yourself. Therefore if you wish to clean your own shields (maybe someone casted crappy shields on you, dunno why - though it was not possible to overcast with higher shields back then), you will have to use the organism cleaner.

Holy Unprotector TL 104

That's not correct ;)

You are right Satan, you can take the shields off an enemy with this tool. If you hit someone with a shot, the shield which you want to de-buff run out. It need about 5-7 seconds before the specific shield is away.

Satan2k2
19-10-13, 15:28

Holy Unprotector TL 104

1. the Antiprotector is a rare spell, too :D
2. Even on myself it didn't worked
3. There are two different kinds of "Organism Cleaners" the basic one and the advanced one.
3.1. The basic ones are for cleaning poison, dmg boost, xray and so on on yourself or maybe "friendly" runners, too (Description says external injector). Even tested them today and don't work, too.
3.2. The advanced ones are for cleaning an "enemy" of their shields, depending on the nanites to use. I tested it on me and a foreign runner with anti-heal, anti-absorber, anti-deflector and anti-protector nanites.
4. I tested all available TLs of the tools.

nabbl
21-10-13, 12:20
I can confirm that.
It doesn't work like it worked a year ago.
Something is really wrong with anti nanites.