PDA

View Full Version : Speedhack Detected?

Alchemist
15-10-13, 18:08
Hi all,

I just updated my graphics drivers and when I log into NC my character is speeding around- Most of the time I just get kicked after about 30 seconds but one of the times it notified me that a "speedhack" was detected.

Anyone ever have this problem before? I tried to reinstall NC and didnt have any luck.

Any help is appreciated

thanks

Drachenpaladin
15-10-13, 18:24
I'll go far out on a limb and say that this may require a few more details about said drivers, GFX card etc...

RogerRamjet
15-10-13, 18:26
Have you tried turning off your 31337 ]=[4><>< ?

Divide
15-10-13, 20:49
This problem exists with other games and frequently is due to overclocking an AMD cpu specifically. AMD cpu's that are on the lower-end of the quality scale, such as dual or triple-core CPU's with unlockable cores, frequently have clock sync issues between cores, leading to one being tangibly faster than the other(s). When this happens, and anti-cheat utilities attempt to detect speedhacks, they detect this rift and infer incorrectly that it is due to a 31337 }={4><><()|2 as Roger has indicated.

As for why this could have been related to a graphics driver, I really can't speculate much. I have heard that NC enforces a 60hz refresh rate even on higher-performing displays (I have a 60hz and refuse to game without vsync on so I can't speak from experience) due to some irregularities created between client-side rendering and server-side registration. I have no idea if there is any validity with that claim, but I have heard from users that have 120hz panels that they are unable to get it to render @ 120fps as they would expect.

Neallys
15-10-13, 21:51
This problem exists with other games and frequently is due to overclocking an AMD cpu specifically. AMD cpu's that are on the lower-end of the quality scale, such as dual or triple-core CPU's with unlockable cores, frequently have clock sync issues between cores, leading to one being tangibly faster than the other(s). When this happens, and anti-cheat utilities attempt to detect speedhacks, they detect this rift and infer incorrectly that it is due to a 31337 }={4><><()|2 as Roger has indicated.

As for why this could have been related to a graphics driver, I really can't speculate much. I have heard that NC enforces a 60hz refresh rate even on higher-performing displays (I have a 60hz and refuse to game without vsync on so I can't speak from experience) due to some irregularities created between client-side rendering and server-side registration. I have no idea if there is any validity with that claim, but I have heard from users that have 120hz panels that they are unable to get it to render @ 120fps as they would expect.

This might be the guys problem. AMD has a fix for this, but if you want to make sure this is the problem, start NC, hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and set the affinity of neocron to only one CPU core

Divide
15-10-13, 23:09
Good thought Neallys.

I should have mentioned that the problem, while frequently being related to overclocking, doesn't necessarily only affect oc'd systems.

slith
16-10-13, 21:27
Playing Neocron above 61 FPS is a very bad idea. I use a recording tool to limit my FPS to 60, although i could easily reach 90+ with a 144hz display.

Problem is: Above 61 fps other players movement gets screwed up on your screen. They "stutter-step" every half second which makes it really hard to aim and predict movement.

NVIDIA cards seem to be the only way to raise fps above 60 / Get rid of VSync, but it only makes it harder for you to play.