PDA

View Full Version : Server maintenance every morning?

hazzard
01-10-13, 09:40
Hi,

I can't login. I can choose my character, but the login is aborted with following message:
Worldclient: Connection rejected by nethost: Server is going offline soon. Login not possible. Please try again later!

I had the same problem yesterday. I could not find anything besides the bi-weekly announcement.

Are there other maintenance times I didn't see?

Bifrost
01-10-13, 11:01
We are currently investigating. Looks like the daily restart went a bit south today.

More news will be posted when we have some.

Agent L
01-10-13, 11:28
Yeah, I ignored it once, but it there is a pattern emerging:
http://stats.techhaven.org/en/server/titan 6:00, server flatlines

Alduin
01-10-13, 12:09
The issue has been identified, the servers are running again and tomorrow morning we will put a fix in place concerning the faulty boot in the morning. More updates on the recent stability issues will be posted here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?153303-Current-stability-issues-Delay-of-Sparta) once we have them.

Divide
01-10-13, 17:01
Can we open up a dialog about the nightly maintenance?

A few thoughts-
Can it please warn 10 minutes prior (instead of 60 seconds prior), every minute, until it does the 10 second countdown starting at 60s?
--I can't tell you the frequency of which this interrupts something that you really really don't want interrupted... killing Regant being one example from the last week that I have experienced.

Is it possibly to have a US or Canadian server admin oversee the nightly restart to ensure success/step in, in the case of contengency?
--Infrequently, the server doesn't come back. US/CA players may not be ready yet to call it a night and should have some hope of a fix during their play hours.

Can the 'second disconnect' (that I lovingly refer to as a death rattle) be looked in to? After the server comes back online, within about 5 mins or so you are disconnected again and must reconnect, which you can do immediately. This is just frustrating for no reason.

hatmankh
02-10-13, 03:03
I always wondered about the second disconnect, it makes it seem like we aren't meant to be getting back into the game before then.

Agent L
02-10-13, 09:32
Yeah, the second disconnect is a strange thing.

Alduin
02-10-13, 11:47
The daily maintenance should as of tomorrow morning warn 3 minutes in advance.

The second disconnect should indeed not be happening. The server should be down for about 5 to 10 minutes. Please test and verify this throughout the next days.

Divide
02-10-13, 16:19

The second disconnect should indeed not be happening. The server should be down for about 5 to 10 minutes. Please test and verify this throughout the next days.

I love you for this. Will follow up with results in the next few days. Typically, the server is offline by 11:55pm GMT-7 and returns online at 00:00am, with the second disconnect somewhere around 00:05.

Agent L
02-10-13, 19:15

The second disconnect should indeed not be happening.Sweet!

hatmankh
02-10-13, 19:39

I didn't expect to hear this, the second disconnect has been around for as long as I can remember there being daily maintenance and to think all this time it wasn't meant to be happening. We should have reported it months ago.

Divide
02-10-13, 23:34
I didn't expect to hear this, the second disconnect has been around for as long as I can remember there being daily maintenance and to think all this time it wasn't meant to be happening. We should have reported it months ago.

I think that US/CA players have a lot of responsibility to advocate for themselves. People were so used to the apparent unresponsiveness of KK that brushing things off as hopeless just became second nature.