PDA

View Full Version : [R#184/R#185] Patch Discussion

Kronos
29-09-13, 13:55
Welcome all Runners,

Feel free to discuss the R#184 patch in this thread. The patch notes can be found inside this thread (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?153262-R-184-Patch-Notes).

Sincerely,
Your Neocron Support Team

Massaker
29-09-13, 14:27
Do the ppu spells push players down the hill of is it fixed? I don't find it in the patch notes the fix works on the testserver...

RogerRamjet
29-09-13, 14:34
Patch looks excellent! Will all current unressed techs stack, or just new ones farmed? Were the issues with researching on the test server sorted out?

Alduin
29-09-13, 15:08
Do the ppu spells push players down the hill of is it fixed? I don't find it in the patch notes the fix works on the testserver...

Just added the missing bullet in the list. Thanks for the note!

lawless
29-09-13, 15:22
As i could see for now, the automated sympgain works fine.

With the beam weapons mentioned: beam cannons or psi beams?

RogerRamjet
29-09-13, 15:23
As i could see for now, the automated sympgain works fine.

With the beam weapons mentioned: beam cannons or psi beams?

I imagine weapons, they've been pure for a long long time.

Agent L
29-09-13, 15:47
ressed few techs after the server quickpatch and looks like L/T/E give proper results plus newly ressed parts stack with old parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UvJZmGTsk&t=0m19s

msressi
29-09-13, 16:39
well patching worked on all PC's, however after playing for 10 mins server crashed and now I cant log in on any pc getting no connection to server

Kronos
29-09-13, 16:42
well patching worked on all PC's, however after playing for 10 mins server crashed and now I cant log in on any pc getting no connection to server

This is being fixed as we speak. The servers have just been taken offline to complete this. It should not take long.

Bifrost
29-09-13, 16:51

It's there in the patch notes under "Misc changes"

Removed the "jumping" when applying passive effects to players. Meaning: no more falling down mountains while being buffed

Neallys
29-09-13, 16:55
Reworked state synchronization of weapons, this should fix issues like e.g. a different number of hits registering on the server- and client-side

Was this getting further worked on after we tested it on the testserver? Because last time I checked, it wasn't working still

Kronos
29-09-13, 16:57

This is being fixed as we speak. The servers have just been taken offline to complete this. It should not take long.

Server is now back online again after the required fix. Any further problems let us know.

lawless
29-09-13, 17:23
About faction warzones:

LE players can't hack, alright.
Are there any bonuses yet? Because in the PTS patchnotes you say no, in the retail patchnotes there is no mention about missing implementations of any bonus?

Toast
29-09-13, 17:32
These patch note look AWESOME! I'm in!

Agent L
29-09-13, 17:40
About faction warzones:
[...]Are there any bonuses yet? Because in the PTS patchnotes you say no, in the retail patchnotes there is no mention about missing implementations of any bonus?There was a discussion about what should and what should not these boni be. (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152285-Your-Input-On-Warzone-Bonuses) But it yielded no conclusions so far.

Faid
29-09-13, 17:58
Was there any more info on the researching of rare parts and specifically the failing and breaking of those rare parts? There was a thread about it and I'm not sure if the issue was resolved. The whole patch looks good though :)

RogerRamjet
29-09-13, 18:26
Was there any more info on the researching of rare parts and specifically the failing and breaking of those rare parts? There was a thread about it and I'm not sure if the issue was resolved. The whole patch looks good though :)

Res working fine.

Bifrost
29-09-13, 18:37

That issue is fixed. I've done some testing as well this afternoon, no fails yet. :)

Faid
29-09-13, 19:06
Awesome thanks Bitfrost :)

Flamenka
29-09-13, 20:03
Repair about Soullight and if we can we need the " secret " again..

when u kill someone by accident u have to do like 30 missions to down it ..

please we need the sl up when u are afk...

Agent L
29-09-13, 21:05
Repair about Soullight and if we can we need the " secret " again..

when u kill someone by accident u have to do like 30 missions to down it ..

please we need the sl up when u are afk...SL not regenerating was done intentionally.
They worked hard to make SL NOT regen...

Fasterbot
29-09-13, 21:44
MISC CHANGES
'Apartment Access Code If' objects have been renamed to 'Apartment Access Interface'.

Seems to be that those into apartments still got the same name ('Apartment Access Code If').

And what about changing the name of interface near the door of apartments ? ('Access/Communicator If' and 'Access Door If').

lawless
29-09-13, 21:57
On the Twilight Guardian Missions

Very Easy:

Small Scorpions - not a problem, they are like everywhere, easy to find

Bat - did not find that one very often, would spawn them more often (maybe use some that don't attack and put them freely in the canyon itself) - or change for vultures :)

Small Gnawer, Wee Cavecrawler - not a problem

Small Poisonsnake - if you know where to find them, not a problem..

lawless
29-09-13, 22:20
On the Twilight Guardian Missions

Normal

Mutant Corporal - Spawning outside at E_13 very frequently, not a problem

Mutant Warrior - See above

Aggressor - Spawning outside at the pit too, only 1 spawnplace that's shared with Agressor Captain appearently - still for a "normal" mission good enough. It's not the aggressor cellars in P1/P2, but i don't think more should be added right now

Poisonous Plant - Change this to Big Lizard or Mutated Viper (quite more often to find)

lawless
29-09-13, 22:30
On the new Canyon Caves

At first it all was like ... meh... some new caves... nothing new at all. When now i visited the level 8 cave, i was positively thrilled for all the new players to level there. Lots and lots of enemies, ideal for grenade launchers, pistol rockets or barrels.

When i got on to the level 12 cave, i must say: you nailed it. This is the spirit of the canyon. Lots and lots and lots of (for small players) hard enemies and fun all around. If i had to chose one cave to be imprisoned in, this would be it.

Thinking about it, the canyon needs even higher level caves for level 30, 50 and 70 enemies. Just throwing this idea in, because i know how much fun it was to level at the caves outside of the canyon with an big team. Midlevel caves would give players another opportunity of reganing that experience. The highlevel caves are not very midlevel-friendly anymore, that's why there are not many players anymore.

I used to level there from x/10 with little support of the team's PPUs. Now i die even as x/50 very quickly. Yet this is something for Sparta and has been addressed at the Meet and Greet this evening already.

All in all I'm very optimistic about that caves, especially that level 8 and 12 ones. Make bigger Iguanas, like double the Big Iguana ones :D

Dribble Joy
30-09-13, 00:34
There's a mutant camp and a reaperspider cluster in E_13 for those too high for the caves.

Roburn Bliss
01-10-13, 03:51
Superb job revamping the TG canyon guys ! It feels like Neocron 1 again :D As lawless said, the caves are perfect. I found some nice loot in the last hackbox in the level 12 cave. The mix of vendors seems good. I think I spotted all the bones and level 2 implants. I agree with lawless a level 20 - 40 cave / cellar with some mutie and cyclops mobs would be good.

The only thing the canyon could do with to finish it off is a higher res texture for the canyon walls.

The mutie leveling area just outside the TG canyon is great. Wicked for running missions. I wonder what is in that hackbox? My 80 skill in hacking was too low to find out :eek: The solitary wolf / reaper spider spawn is a nice add as I can pull it towards the TG guards if it's frying me (the spider, not the wolf :D)

I will try to explore the surrounding zones tomorrow.

Fantastic job devs :)

Torg
01-10-13, 14:54
please check: i shot and hacked 10 warbots (incl. w-titans) and got 1 tech part from that. bad luck? firemob tech drop seems to be normal.

jj dynomite
01-10-13, 15:40
Yeah...just bad luck. I got about 20 out of 35 on Sunday.

Skansy
03-10-13, 15:44
whats up with the Faction Warzone?
4. Hack "All secruitylevel resetted" or something like that ... i play on german xD

DIABLO666
04-10-13, 00:42
Major issue I've discovered... zoning makes you put away your gun then have to take it out again... so people can just zone in and out of places to never die as its literally impossible to get your gun out lock on and shoot before they zone again.

Not played in 6 months first guy I fight shoots me first loses horribly then does this so he can't die... its a joke

jj dynomite
04-10-13, 03:26
Whole server is still getting kicked randomly with 185

Trivaldi
04-10-13, 10:23
Whole server is still getting kicked randomly with 185
Randomly? Can you provide some time-frames?

Riddle
04-10-13, 11:34
Canyon Apartment areas have been renamed to the Montag and Rodriguez Barracks, in memory of the late Nicole 'Chenoa' Montag.

nice touch lads....sorely missed

jj dynomite
04-10-13, 14:32
Randomly? Can you provide some time-frames?

Sorry...I could have went into more detail.

It happened between 60 and 90 seconds before i posted that. Didn't get a screen shot, but once i logged back on most everybody else that was on confirmed they got kicked as well.

Before the kick, i was mid run in p1 and my screen went to sync for about 1/4 of a second then booted me to the log in screen.

It took 2 tries to reenter, then there were no other bugs.