PDA

View Full Version : NC client no longer allows connection with game server

zii
27-09-13, 21:25
OK, slight rant here and I apologise in advance :(

I don't get a lot of time to play NC these days, and tonight I wanted to play.
The client states: Warning your launcher is in test server mode. You are not able to connect to a regular game server after patching.

I've changed nothing.

I find it very difficult to arrange time to play NC these days with children and work demands. I know and appreciate this volunteer driven effort, and think it stressful when changes have been made without announcing a viable workaround or solution. I've not changed anything on my PC since the last time I turned it on (3 days ago) and suddenly NC won't work. I know you announced your next release on the 27th of September, but this is on Sunday. I fail to understand why we should be locked out from NC three days prior to your patch.

Sadly, this was my only night ( for 1.5 hours ) that I could play until the 2nd of October.

RogerRamjet
27-09-13, 21:28
It did this to me the other day, I re-installed the client.

zii
27-09-13, 21:30
It did this to me the other day, I re-installed the client.

Reinstallation does not seem a solution for me, and likely others. Someone upstream has made changes and they did not communicate them to their user base.

I'm not going to reinstall.

Alduin
27-09-13, 21:33
In case you did not start the patcher: *points at the upper right corner of the launcher* else, only a reinstall will help

zii
27-09-13, 21:36
Hi Alduin, No I didnot start the patcher, and did not see the button. What I did do was ( out of hope ) press connect, and then press cancel. When your post was read, I started the Launcher again and the correct page .ini settings were displayed, and this makes me think that the Patch button was in fact also the Lauch button;P

Case closed and grumpy old me feels happier :)

Divide
27-09-13, 23:45
I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago that was due to my isp. I was dropping like 30% of transmitted packets. As soon as it was fixed, my launcher was fixed.

Dribble Joy
28-09-13, 00:42
Odd, I haven't had this at all.

Divide
30-09-13, 18:08
When I was having this problem, the launcher would display the page for the test server, but wouldn't have it selected in the drop-down. This was 100% on my end, and was directly related to the problems I was having with my own connectivity.