PDA

View Full Version : Never ceases to amaze!

Maloch Octavia
20-09-13, 01:03
This thing just wont ever go away, will it?

Lets give it another try, and my god, I see Brammers and Dribble Joy are still here as well.

Unbelievable.

I've read a few posts - so this is all self-funded now? Superb.

Great to see you all again guys, can't wait to have a taste of that dirty, apocalyptic air again!

Cheers,

M.O

William Antrim
20-09-13, 01:16
Welcome back.

Were you on Uranus in nc1? Your name is vaguely familiar.

Maloch Octavia
20-09-13, 01:26
Welcome back.

Were you on Uranus in nc1? Your name is vaguely familiar.

Do you know, I really cannot remember. I've been trawling through my old posts, and maybe Pluto? Not a clue!

SilentEye
20-09-13, 08:47
Welcome back! Enjoy your NeoCrack!

Kronos
20-09-13, 09:30
Welcome back! :)

Ascension
20-09-13, 21:07
Welcome back :)

Brammers
20-09-13, 21:19
... and my god, I see Brammers and Dribble Joy are still here as well.

Dribble Joy still has a higher post count than me! :D

Welcome back, good to see you again Maloch. :)

Dribble Joy
21-09-13, 13:33
Only Nid out spams Teh Dribble.

*runs*

Nidhogg
21-09-13, 14:24

*runs*

I'm sure I have no idea what you mean!

Welcome back, MO. And no, we'll never go away. :)

William Antrim
21-09-13, 19:28

*runs*

Shoulda changed his name to drivel joy nidd.... :)

Dribble Joy
21-09-13, 21:11
How very dare you! My drivel is that of the finest caliber!

Prodigious
23-09-13, 11:09
I tend to check this forum most days and always tell myself "I'll log in again tonight". I had a short stint a few months back but didn't fare too well. Maybe tonight will be the night...

Anyway, I only made this post to see my Post Count because I couldn't be bothered to look at my profile :)

William Antrim
23-09-13, 18:08
Go look around, if only for old times sake. Check your pm's too. :)

Maloch Octavia
24-09-13, 13:43
I sat and played for a few hours and all the old feelings came rushing back.

Neocron was my first MMO. I'd followed its progress in PC Gamer avidly and almost snapped my neck at the speed at which I signed up to the game.

I'd never experienced anything like it before. The size, the sounds, I could almost smell it.

I've never had those feelings since. You never forget your first and I was so happy (and sad) that I felt them all again upon logging in.

I don't care what anyone says or holds up in terms of other MMO examples - none of them have managed to achieve the scope and depth of Neocron. It was so far ahead of it's time and I am so surprised no-one has given this real backing, took it on and brought it up to speed with some of the techniques learned in the last dozen years or so.

If anything screams out for Kickstarter, it's this concept.

Prodigious
24-09-13, 14:14
Replace PC Gamer with PC Zone and you're talking! Sadly that mag is now going as strongly as NC1 :(

RogerRamjet
24-09-13, 18:08
I don't care what anyone says or holds up in terms of other MMO examples - none of them have managed to achieve the scope and depth of Neocron. It was so far ahead of it's time and I am so surprised no-one has given this real backing, took it on and brought it up to speed with some of the techniques learned in the last dozen years or so.

If anything screams out for Kickstarter, it's this concept.

Neocron has never reached it's potential in my opinion, and i'm pretty certain anyone I know who's played feels the same.

zii
24-09-13, 23:03
Neocron has never reached it's potential in my opinion, and i'm pretty certain anyone I know who's played feels the same.

Yes, and helping it towards its potential is how we can help it along.

Viper 911
18-10-13, 22:43
if you knew Brammers and Dribble you were a Saturn player(if nobody had posted that already) i was looking to come back but i dont think i could grind years again to get back to having 8 characters at max lvl with good gear and good apartments, loosing best part of 6 years of my life just like that, bitter pill to swallow.

hatmankh
19-10-13, 05:14
Losing 6 years of your life? Are you serious? :lol: All you lost was some virtual property in a game, you still have all the memories and people you met in that time, which is what counts.

Viper 911
19-10-13, 09:58
That is true and I keep fond memories of my time in NC still some of the best pvp ever in an mmo, but trying to grind back to the way my characters were would be dificault without the players I remember pushing and helping me to do do, always easier to do things with friends :)

Dribble Joy
19-10-13, 11:02
if you knew Brammers and Dribble you were a Saturn player
Actually I played on Uranus and Brammers was on Pluto :p.

Losing 6 years of your life? Are you serious? :lol: All you lost was some virtual property in a game, you still have all the memories and people you met in that time, which is what counts.
True, though the time invested is still real; money may be an abstract means of representing something else and is essentially worthless in of itself, but that doesn't mean it has no value.

hatmankh
20-10-13, 01:44
That is true and I keep fond memories of my time in NC still some of the best pvp ever in an mmo, but trying to grind back to the way my characters were would be dificault without the players I remember pushing and helping me to do do, always easier to do things with friends :)

You might be surprised how many of your old friends are still here under different names, if I was you I'd logon if only to check how Neocron is doing these days and possibly regain contact with some people. You're right it would be difficult to get 8 characters PvP ready but you don't really need 8, do you? You can quite easily get 2 or 3 though, depending on how much free time you have you could do it in a couple months or possibly less.

RogerRamjet
20-10-13, 13:23
You might be surprised how many of your old friends are still here under different names, if I was you I'd logon if only to check how Neocron is doing these days and possibly regain contact with some people. You're right it would be difficult to get 8 characters PvP ready but you don't really need 8, do you? You can quite easily get 2 or 3 though, depending on how much free time you have you could do it in a couple months or possibly less.

A matter of weeks with the right guidance! The game is free to play the moment and in my personal experience after spending 7 year out of game it was fun to come back and rediscover the world.