PDA

View Full Version : Changes to ppu to make pvp more balanced

DIABLO666
07-09-13, 00:18
Rebalancing ppu buffs.

Right now ppus are the sole thing deciding who wins a fight. If you have a 2v2 fight, 2 tanks vs 1 tank 1 ppu the tank ppu team will almost always win because the tank wont die and the other tanks will take a ton of damage. In a perfect world in this situation it would be 50/50 split of wins.

The solution is to make ppu buffs a lot less effective when used on other people, yes I know ppu buffs used on themself are already better but right now those used on other people are to effective still. PPUs aren't just a class right now they are the gods of battle deciding who wins and who loses and it just ruins the entire balance of the game.

William Antrim
07-09-13, 06:32
That won't solve the problem. If anything it will just encourage more people to bring ppus. This problem is not really one that the devs can solve. The lame win at all costs so bring an army of ppus is something the community needs to address. If you're gonna make the ppu less effective at healing what do you give him in trade? There is no clear answer to this as the age old problem is largely community driven, not really mechanics.

Setlec
09-09-13, 11:48
giving the anti buffs to apu as it was before would do the trick, actually! But there is another issue that comes in mind is the APU being emasculated/nerfed! and that isn't something that the community can address.

Khorwin
09-09-13, 22:40
Rebalancing ppu buffs.

Right now ppus are the sole thing deciding who wins a fight. If you have a 2v2 fight, 2 tanks vs 1 tank 1 ppu the tank ppu team will almost always win because the tank wont die and the other tanks will take a ton of damage. In a perfect world in this situation it would be 50/50 split of wins.

The solution is to make ppu buffs a lot less effective when used on other people, yes I know ppu buffs used on themself are already better but right now those used on other people are to effective still. PPUs aren't just a class right now they are the gods of battle deciding who wins and who loses and it just ruins the entire balance of the game.

Does nerfing PPU is the solution, I don't think so.
You are talking about 2 vs 2, but how did PPU will manage OP fight?

If a PPU and a dps can be killed by tow dps, can you tell us why people would play a class without damage if it does not really help, you will also tell us how PPU will make a team survive in PVE if there buff are nerfed?

One more time it seems like our friend DIABLO666 did not think of all the point such a change will make.

One last thing, how did you espect APU to PVP if PPU are nerfed, today it's really hard to survive with an APU in OP, with your nerf... Good luck

Dribble Joy
09-09-13, 23:08
If a PPU and a dps can be killed by tow dps, can you tell us why people would play a class without damage if it does not really help, you will also tell us how PPU will make a team survive in PVE if there buff are nerfed?
Why should a PPU+DPS be inherently more potent than two DPS?
Also, why can't mobs be altered when changing PPUs?

PPUs are still far too important. They are not a choice or support class of equal importance to the others. Obviously reducing their necessity while still making them rewarding to play and valuable to a team is going to be a mind-bending minefield, but surely things can be better than they are now.

One last thing, how did you espect APU to PVP if PPU are nerfed, today it's really hard to survive with an APU in OP, with your nerf... Good luck
Fix the APU to operate as a viable class without a PPU?

Neallys
10-09-13, 05:08
This is so wrong, to think that 4 equally good players would match as a PPU+DPS and DPS+DPS and that the DPS+PPU would automatically win, it takes some skills I won't deny, but in most cases I would say DPS+DPS would do just fine.

Now my argument isn't totally true, as DPS+DPS would have to be smart and use one DPS loosing focus while the other one is really doing the DPS against the other one, but in most cases I never see a PPU+DPS winning over a 2 DPS team.

Same goes to the DPS+PPU. If that team is just simply better they'll win, but if the PPU would have been another DPS then they would have won even more easily imo.

The real problem lies in outpost fighting where teams have 6+ PPUs, basically making "the team that has more PPU" the winning one. This very problem appeared the second we nerfed overcasting which was a decent way to keep pressure on multiple PPUs. This is exactly why we have to be careful with the balance, the testing must really involved experienced players and this is why the fast patching method would be a better thing for "experienced OP clans" to try out.

BlueRobot
10-09-13, 18:11
Now my argument isn't totally true, as DPS+DPS would have to be smart and use one DPS loosing focus while the other one is really doing the DPS against the other one, but in most cases I never see a PPU+DPS winning over a 2 DPS team.

Same goes to the DPS+PPU. If that team is just simply better they'll win, but if the PPU would have been another DPS then they would have won even more easily imo.

Unfortunately stealth or clipping is involved in 99.99% of PvP atm. If you add that to the equation, there's almost no chance for dps+dps to win against dps+ppu if everyone has at least good pvp skills.

Neallys
10-09-13, 19:52
Unfortunately stealth or clipping is involved in 99.99% of PvP atm. If you add that to the equation, there's almost no chance for dps+dps to win against dps+ppu if everyone has at least good pvp skills.

I think this is really, really not true from what I experienced. Either that is "street" PvP or Outpost fighting. Although it is highly probable that one of the DPS drops from the two DPS team, I never really experienced that so much myself.

As for stealth, I don't know about other tanks, but I have no issues to deal with it whatsoever by using Doombeamer (VERY GOOD anti stealth weapon :D) and if two spies are the DPS they do good spike damage, it's up to you to use stacks weapons.

Khorwin
10-09-13, 23:30
Why should a PPU+DPS be inherently more potent than two DPS?
Also, why can't mobs be altered when changing PPUs?

Fix the APU to operate as a viable class without a PPU?

Why team with PPU sould be better, ease to answer (and already done but I will repeat), a class that the only vocation is to buff and heal is useless if she can't make a team mate surevive in 2 vs 2. If so it wont be played.

Fix the APU. when people say things like with the good balance or fix something, they don't give any answer to the way of fixing, if you don't give reale solutions to fix the problem, you don't say any thing.
To be viable with out PPU a class have to regen life and be able to avoid fight or be hard to kill.
The APU is class that don't have a real life regen and don't have big resists, if you give him shields and heal he will became hibryd.
I don't say that hybrid mustn't exist, but if all classes are some kinds of hybrid, people will only play the strongest one.

In fact I don't think that upping APU defense is good, we don't need hybrid, we need spelialists that are all usefull in fight. This post is not about the balancing of all classes so I won't be precise.

I will finish by one last point. In NC1 PPU's buff were really stronger, the PPU was played in PVP but APU were also played. Did you really think that APU would be played if they get the HAB back and if PPU's buff are useless?

Agent L
12-09-13, 12:13
You're thinking wrong.
PPU is not a support to other classes. It's the other classes who are support to PPU.
PPU is the center of any fight. Teammates are just replacement for SoulClusters. : )
In other games, "healers" may be less important. But this is NC.

I agree with Khorwin. APU had 2 advantages no other class had: no reticle and anti-PPU role.
There is nothing left for the APU to do, so there is no reason to play it.

Roc-a-fella
13-09-13, 17:08
Remember electro shockers how that would be everyones first play to slow you down? bring back spirit mod and make them into single shot weapons for each class that remove 1 buff a shot... that would make things interesting