PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED][00460][R#184-T#188] Research Failing

Frell
03-09-13, 13:22
[188] I researched yesterday my tech parts in test server.
I failed 2 times to res L part and destroy it, even with my research skill is 223.
Is it now possible to fail research tech parts even with high skill?
Or is some items being removed from the game and i destroy the parts because the rare item doesn't exist anymore ?

Trivaldi
03-09-13, 13:50
What was the source of the Rare Parts you researched? Did you obtain them prior to T#187 (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152202-R-184-T-187-Test-Server-Patch-Notes) or afterwards?

Frell
03-09-13, 14:09
It was prior, i havent hunt any parts at test server.
they were in my cabinets when i logged to test server.

Bifrost
03-09-13, 14:46
[188] I researched yesterday my tech parts in test server.
I failed 2 times to res L part and destroy it, even with my research skill is 223.
Is it now possible to fail research tech parts even with high skill?
Or is some items being removed from the game and i destroy the parts because the rare item doesn't exist anymore ?

It is possible to fail and destroy a part, this applies to blueprints as well. However I have a important question.

Was there a message in the communicator window to say the part was destroyed or did the part just vanish without a message?

Frell
03-09-13, 14:57
It said it failed and destroyed, i ressed about 15-20 techs, 6 L parts and rest T parts, only 2times i failed and both times the part was destroyed.

Bifrost
03-09-13, 15:03
It said it failed and destroyed, i ressed about 15-20 techs, 6 L parts and rest T parts, only 2times i failed and both times the part was destroyed.

Ok - looks like a bit of rotten luck there. :( So I'll mark this issue as working as intended.

Any more feedback or issues with researching, please let us know.

Frell
03-09-13, 16:09
I just tried some more tech part researching with 11 x L, 38 x T and 10 x E parts.
I failed 1 time and destroyed the part, again it was L part.
All other parts i didnt have any problems.

hatmankh
03-09-13, 17:20
It's possible and intended to destroy a L part with 223 research? Why does everyone say if you get more than double somethings TL you can never critically fail? 223 is more than 3 times the tl of a L part (70).

Cursed Shadow
03-09-13, 18:13
It's possible and intended to destroy a L part with 223 research? Why does everyone say if you get more than double somethings TL you can never critically fail? 223 is more than 3 times the tl of a L part (70).

I've been keeping up to date on this all day. This sounds buggy to me.

I've never destroyed an L part with as much Research as Frell quotes.

Faid
03-09-13, 23:28

Thats because no one has ever failed and destroyed a rare part when they specced at least twice the tl (especially L parts) To have someone do it 3 times definitely throws up a flag, you may want to have a closer look at it Bitfrost.

Frell
04-09-13, 18:10
I hunted tech parts today on test server, i got 8 x L, 35 x T and 17 x E tech parts.
I ressed only the L parts today, i res the T and E parts tomorrow when i have more time.
i failed 1 time and destoyed 1 L part.

hatmankh
04-09-13, 18:44
Do you never fail without destroying the part? It's always a critical failure? That makes it even stranger.

Divide
04-09-13, 21:08
The fact that you can fail research at all with a skill level equivalent to the item is a little silly. If they really like that mechanism, they should just double the damn TL of the item. That's just one more thing about NC new players have to learn the hard way.

This game needs fewer timesinks and caveats. Researching is a perfect example of both. 3 of the same E's? 1:25 for each one even though you already know what they are. Research all techs 100 times over? You're still going to spend just as much time researching as you did the first time you researched your first tech ever.

Divide
04-09-13, 21:09
Timesinks do not equate to fun. Games are supposed to be fun.

Bifrost
10-09-13, 19:47
I have split this thread into 2 separate threads. Please continue the discussion on research failing here.

The discussion on constructing rares and rare parts not stacking on old rare parts can be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152308-R-184-T-188-Rare-parts-not-stacking-or-rares-that-cannot-be-constructed).

Cursed Shadow
28-09-13, 00:38
Has this been fixed for 184?

Somebody just mentioned this ingame saying it is still failing in Vedeena for L parts with over 200 research..

Bifrost
29-09-13, 18:38
As stated in the patch discussion thread, this issue is fixed.