PDA

View Full Version : Forum Hacked?

ou7blaze
27-08-13, 20:42
As title says, any idea who the culprits were?

Tried logging in yesterday (my time) and found some strange logo with a guy speaking in french. :S

aKe`cj
27-08-13, 21:17
As title says, any idea who the culprits were?

Tried logging in yesterday (my time) and found some strange logo with a guy speaking in french. :S

lets not hope so.
if it happens again make sure to
1. screenshot
2. talk to peeps on irc.neocron-game.com immediately
3. take note of what IP the forum domain resolved to

this could also be a client side problem (dns cache poisoning or simply malware hijacking your browser).

SilentEye
27-08-13, 21:54
Aye, it seems someone changed the forum.php page, I have seen it too. Server went offline shortly after and I presume the issue was resolved :)

For who cares, from memory, the page was changed to a red picture with the text Owzned by... I forgot the name :)

aKe`cj
27-08-13, 22:33
Aye, it seems someone changed the forum.php page, I have seen it too. Server went offline shortly after and I presume the issue was resolved :)

For who cares, from memory, the page was changed to a red picture with the text Owzned by... I forgot the name :)

would've been appreciated if there had been a responsible official disclosure regarding the extend of the security breach.
if third parties had access to the filesystem of the webserver, I would advise everyone to change his/her password and make sure to do the same for every web service that shares it (no sane person would do this, right?)

Bifrost
28-08-13, 00:43
We can confirm that the forum was hacked.

In the mean time we have fixed the security leak and we will release more details tomorrow.

Divide
28-08-13, 00:55
Given the fact that the main site wasn't also defaced, it is relatively logical to assume the breach was only the as far as the forum.

cl0wn
28-08-13, 01:49
Posted on nc twitter as irc wasnt working took 9hrs to get a responce tho haha

ou7blaze
28-08-13, 08:39
Given the fact that the main site wasn't also defaced, it is relatively logical to assume the breach was only the as far as the forum.

I'm hoping that was the case.

Would be interested to know the extent of the breach.

Trivaldi
28-08-13, 13:32
we will release more details tomorrow.
As communicated by Bifrost yesterday evening, we have now made an official statement (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152236-Forum-Intrusion-Statement-(27th-Aug-2013)&p=2217655#post2217655).

aKe`cj
28-08-13, 14:25
As communicated by Bifrost yesterday evening, we have now made an official statement (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152236-Forum-Intrusion-Statement-(27th-Aug-2013)&p=2217655#post2217655).

Appreciated, thank you (for both, the information and containing the issue).

ou7blaze
28-08-13, 16:04
No data was compromised during the attack, your personal data was not affected nor accessed.

Nice.