PDA

View Full Version : [R#184|T#187] Test Server Patch Discussion

Trivaldi
17-08-13, 14:01
Please discuss the latest test server patch (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152202-R-184-T-187-Test-Server-Patch-Notes), in this thread.

Thanks!

aKe`cj
17-08-13, 15:32
http://forum.neocron-game.com/images/icons/icon14.png nice - can't say there is anything not to like about this patch.

nEo-1664
18-08-13, 00:52
RARE PARTS

Un-researched Rare Parts will now stack as L, T and E parts, regardless of what part they will become once researched.

I assume that because the way this change works, it is designed to apply only to newly picked up parts?

Only mentioning this as anyone who has parts in their inventory already, the parts do not condense into the 3 L, T, and E stacks until they have been dropped and picked back up again.

Alduin
18-08-13, 12:48
I assume that because the way this change works, it is designed to apply only to newly picked up parts?

Only mentioning this as anyone who has parts in their inventory already, the parts do not condense into the 3 L, T, and E stacks until they have been dropped and picked back up again.

One should be able to merge the individual L stacks by dropping the items on each other. The F2 inventory saves the location and amount of items therefore they will not be automagically combined.

nEo-1664
18-08-13, 14:06
That's cool - I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to do what I saw. But that is all good :)

Like the patch in general, and the rare stacking is nice too :)

Bruder Malmsdoo
18-08-13, 23:49
Thumbs up!

hatmankh
18-08-13, 23:55
Great patch, the rare part stacking change will save so much time and storage space and people can actually buy unressed parts without fear of them all being junk the seller wanted to get rid of.

Drachenpaladin
19-08-13, 00:10
[..] people can actually buy unressed parts without fear of them all being junk the seller wanted to get rid of.

Which on the other hand takes some grittyness out of the game...

Kanedax
19-08-13, 17:40
Which on the other hand takes some grittyness out of the game...

I disagree. It takes away nothing and only adds realism. How on Earth should someone be able to know (even if it is only roughly) what a tech part is before it is even ressed.

Drachenpaladin
19-08-13, 19:16
I disagree. It takes away nothing and only adds realism. How on Earth should someone be able to know (even if it is only roughly) what a tech part is before it is even ressed.

By looking at it and sorting it optically. Even tho the inventory thumbs look all the same, if we are realistic ;), you would at least tell apart a blade component from a barrel and throw look-alike tech parts on the same pile, even tho you don't know what exactly it is. I mean.. even tanks got 99 WEP so even them could do so easily i guess.

Riddle
20-08-13, 20:21
Rare stacking!!! Zomg! I can Yo all them cabinets and condense my entire rare collection into 1 cabinet!!!!! plus all the apartments that hold them cabinets awesome!! Can never remember all the passwords anyways :p

Great idea :D

hatmankh
21-08-13, 04:18
Your whole collection is unressed?

eNTi
21-08-13, 09:51
By looking at it and sorting it optically. Even tho the inventory thumbs look all the same, if we are realistic ;), you would at least tell apart a blade component from a barrel and throw look-alike tech parts on the same pile, even tho you don't know what exactly it is. I mean.. even tanks got 99 WEP so even them could do so easily i guess.
people could easily exploit rares being rolled on drop instead on research. the change was needed.

Chuck Norris
21-08-13, 10:12
now they can just xploit whole stacks on unres'd parts woot! "wts stacks of unres'dx255 20m each"

((((

hatmankh
21-08-13, 15:03
No, that's how it is on retail right now, the patch makes it so all unressed rares of the same type will stack together. That means all Ls in one stack, all Ts in one stack and all Es in one stack.

eNTi
21-08-13, 18:40
now they can just xploit whole stacks on unres'd parts woot! "wts stacks of unres'dx255 20m each"

((((
i don't think you know what you are talking about...

ever.

Chuck Norris
21-08-13, 22:58
i don't think you know what you are talking about...

ever.

This is one of the main reason parts didnt stack like this before in all honesty, but w/e you obviously know the deal

Bring back cash cubes!

aKe`cj
21-08-13, 23:14
This is one of the main reason parts didnt stack like this before in all honesty, but w/e you obviously know the deal

Bring back cash cubes!

you are both talking out of your arse (partly).
it was neither the reason techs were not on a unified(!) stack before nor is the problem of what shall not be discussed here merely hypothetical ... anyhow - this improving of suboptimal game mechanics did not cause the exploit and it is not like there was a limit on duplication previously that is now gone or like there weren't a metric tonne of stackables with high value... so I'd say there is no need to be dramatizing what is really just an overdue adjustment :)

DIABLO666
26-08-13, 03:14
http://forum.neocron-game.com/images/icons/icon14.png nice - can't say there is anything not to like about this patch.

that said though is there really anything that would make you come back if you had stopped playing? or that you will even notice really in-game?

flib
26-08-13, 07:13
that said though is there really anything that would make you come back if you had stopped playing? or that you will even notice really in-game?

Funny you should mention that.

aKe`cj
26-08-13, 09:34

Of course not and I do not really expect any single patch to make that kind of an impact. Yet, I think it is only fair to give credit where credit is due. I see development heading the right way, dealing with some of the awful 2.2 changes and making the game playable (and compatible to modern systems) once again.

For a greater change in population, things like good project governance, solid funding, communication and plain old advertising are equally important. I do not see the project (as a whole, not just the game) as being ready for a large scale influx of old and new players, but I am always happy to be proven wrong.