PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED][R#184-T#185] Beam/Ray weapon bugs again

Neallys
16-08-13, 03:45
Hi,

After P#183 we had a pretty good fix with the beam/raygun weapons such as Beam of Hell, Ray of God, etc.
I have been doing some fights today only to notice that the bug is totally back. 3/4 hits without any registration in a row during my duels.

Thanks for the work!

Neallys
16-08-13, 05:22
(upsie, I meant to put T#185 not R#, sorry)

Trivaldi
16-08-13, 10:17
Can you provide more information on the testing you have performed? Other reports we have received have reported improvements to this issue, not degradation.

Alduin
16-08-13, 10:29
Hi,

After P#183 we had a pretty good fix with the beam/raygun weapons such as Beam of Hell, Ray of God, etc.
I have been doing some fights today only to notice that the bug is totally back. 3/4 hits without any registration in a row during my duels.

Thanks for the work!

/me needs videos (of both clients simultaneously), I cannot fix bugs I cannot reproduce and/or see. And without registration that's still not precise enough ;) But I assume you meant that the shot is showing as a hit (so also that electric blueish little decal is playing and the beam directly aims at the player, but the enemey player's health bar does not move, right?

Neallys
16-08-13, 14:45
I will get to the recording tonight I just need to set things up I'm on my laptop at the moment. I have been fighting duels yesterday in Canyon Facility, I have tried the following weapons:

CA Plasma Wave
Beam Of Hell
Healing Light
Creed
Ray of God

The bug appears to be just like on Titan. If I want these weapons to register I have to get starter with the feet of my opponent, but if I do aim for the head or my opponent still isn't -fully- slowed down the hit will graphically appear as successful but no health will be taken down. On the other part, my opponent claims he had his health bouncing back. I have to say I even experienced this with the Ionic Cannon Shotgun which isn't an issue on Titan.

As I said, I'll try to set you guys up with some video footage, however if you wish to reproduce/test I would advise to create non-GM character, set up characters with a common PvP-build and try it out

/N