PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Tank skills?

Vampyre Mike
04-08-13, 17:18
I'm very new, had a quick question. Do you guys suggest using a repair or recycle skill for a tank? I am hearing some people make their own ammo with recycle. What is needed to do so?

Also what would I need to repair weapons? Seems my starter grenade launcher is obviously getting damaged the more I use it.

Thanks for all your help.

Drachenpaladin
04-08-13, 18:24
Recycling is kinda essential for a smooth leveling experience.

all you need is the skill in Recycle equaling the TL of the item desired to clone. Put a recycle tool into the Processor, a sample of what to clone and some junk material. The higher the TL of the junk the more copies you get. Ofc you can only clone consumables(Ammo, Medi Kits, Stamina Boosters etc.)

Not quite sure if the TL of the Recycle tool is still important.

Dribble Joy
04-08-13, 19:24
You need a recycle tool of equal or greater TL than the item you want to create. So trying to make a TL96 drug won't work with a TL30 tool.

A TL55 tool will do all types of ammo and medkits. They can be found at crytons. Most ammo only goes up to about TL36 (though most are lower) but there are a few that are up to TL50. With 50 recycle you can also turn weapon and armour parts that you find into higher level versions (two R8s will turn into one R9 for example). Armour parts are excellent for (oddly enough) recycling other items and weapon parts 8, 9 and 10 are required for higher level weapons but are not available in the shops, as such they are quite valuable.

Roc-a-fella
05-08-13, 02:28
Do not bother with repair as a tank because as you move higher in level and use better weapons you wont be able to repair them efficiently enough but yes take the advice given on recycle because then you wont have to go back to town to buy ammo and medkits as you can "clone" them right in the field