PDA

View Full Version : So what's the game's status?

crawlkill
27-07-13, 16:09
Hi there, creatures. I'm a long-time non-playing fan of Neocron (read: I won't understand any community references or jargon you might throw at me, so speak to me as though I'm a civilian, heh) who's totally baffled as to what the game's current state and fate are. Reakktor's gone, right? Did someone acquire the game at some point? Who's behind throwing up the modified front page at neocron-game.com? Is there any point to putting together an account and dicking around on the servers for a while, or are they likely to be taken down fore'er at any moment?

This has always been the most frustratingly opaque game to follow from a distance, heh.

Xortag
27-07-13, 22:47
Welcome back.

The game is driven by a small voluntary team now. Development is ongoing and the server infrastructure changed.

Dropout
27-07-13, 22:51
Hi there, creatures. I'm a long-time non-playing fan of Neocron (read: I won't understand any community references or jargon you might throw at me, so speak to me as though I'm a civilian, heh) who's totally baffled as to what the game's current state and fate are. Reakktor's gone, right? Did someone acquire the game at some point? Who's behind throwing up the modified front page at neocron-game.com? Is there any point to putting together an account and dicking around on the servers for a while, or are they likely to be taken down fore'er at any moment?

This has always been the most frustratingly opaque game to follow from a distance, heh.

A team of volunteers are currently working on NC.
And no the servers wont get taken Down, so download the client and make an account! ;)

Due to the extremely good weather, the population is a bit lower than it usually is though. So keep that in mind :)

A small edit:
The volunteers have made more Progress since they took over, than Reakktor ever did, pretty much..
So having a volunteer team working on the game is a very good thing!

GT_Rince
28-07-13, 13:49
A small edit:
The volunteers have made more Progress since they took over, than Reakktor ever did, pretty much..
So having a volunteer team working on the game is a very good thing!

Amen to this