PDA

View Full Version : Add new weapon: BOW and ARROWS

Fremen
22-07-13, 02:02
Beautiful bow firing arrows made of wood.

Would be perfect work for recyclers.

And a nice TL 85 rare bow to be used by melee characters as a complement to their martial skills.

Requirement: MC / AGL

Damage : Force / Piecing
Mods : Poison arrow / steel-head arrows (more piercing) / silver-head arrows (kill players after midight)

Thanks for your attention runners.

Manuel Moonez
22-07-13, 02:09
I dont dislike it.
Donīt dislike it at all.

Drachenpaladin
22-07-13, 02:14
Will bows have neon colors?

and may we also get poisoned throwing knifes? Or tomahawks that explode? Throwing stars that electrocute the target? A weasel launcher?

Fremen
22-07-13, 02:33
Will bows have neon colors?

and may we also get poisoned throwing knifes? Or tomahawks that explode? Throwing stars that electrocute the target? A weasel launcher?

We have swords, claws and xbow, even shockers, why not a bow ? :) Sir Paladin

eNTi
22-07-13, 11:12

because: new assets. ballistic calculations for arrows. not so easy animations. possible clutter through arrows.

just to name a few.

The Red Guy
22-07-13, 12:26
there already is a model etc for a bow (ok on a mob :P) but why MC requirement? sure it hurts to get punched in the face with a bow but meh... make it an energy bow and u need no calculations for arrows.

http://godcraft.com/x/d324gt2g.png

Faid
22-07-13, 16:35
As long as it's either completely overpowered or completely useless like 95% of the weapons in the game I'd be good with it :)

Fremen
22-07-13, 20:01
As long as it's either completely overpowered or completely useless like 95% of the weapons in the game I'd be good with it :)

Haha so true ;)

Nice pic Red Guy !!! #wantthatinnc

Btw since when we care about balitic calculation ?! Same as all weapon, once your aim is tight it's guanranteed hit !

Drachenpaladin
22-07-13, 21:40

Never been a friend of metal swords or the baseball-bat (unless as sex toy maybe... the ladies love it!) and the xbow is just a fancy energy pistol in the lieu of rail-guns or so. I can go with the shockers, they may seem as archaic as bows/swords but yeah... they are just not are THAT archaic. I think the shockers in NC are what bows are today, a fancy toy for those with a fable for that kind of 'old-fashioned' weaponry, aka collectors, hobbyists etc.

I mean, we have armor that is supposed to protect against much stronger forces then kinetics, like laser, plasma and friggin micro-suns... So that in return even the kinetic and ballistic weapons had to be beefed up with techno-babel like the ionic mumbo-jumbo or a very elusive explanation called WOC...

Unless the bow comes with explosive tip arrows by default without mods i just don't see much plausibility in it.
The invention of armor strong enough to resist arrows was what led to the invention of the x-bow and ultimately to gunpowder weapons, so i just don't see any fitting way for a comeback. (Is there actually any explanation how the ionic xbow works lore-wise?)
Sorry, but not even super hardened tacholytium-alloy, ultra frequency-highspeed arrows with rainbow trails cut it for me. Literally.

The Red Guy
22-07-13, 22:02
-add high tech combat bows (make it sonic or love powered)

-remove uber lame AK

and you can never go wrong with chainswords

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/174/5/a/Chainswords_by_KireiKasumi.jpg

Drachenpaladin
22-07-13, 22:12

THAT in return DOES cut it for me^^
Tho i don't think adopting that type of weapon would go without appearing as halfassed uncreative ripoff-content...

Dropout
22-07-13, 22:23
-add high tech combat bows (make it sonic or love powered)

-remove uber lame AK

and you can never go wrong with chainswords

Dont you fucking touch my AK's!! :p

Load_HeavyLoad
23-07-13, 15:19
could make them rifle weapons - give them explosive heads and make it AoE for rifle users

Chuck Norris
24-07-13, 00:10
if we are getting this crap we def need mavens Dildo back

Drachenpaladin
24-07-13, 01:13
if we are getting this crap we def need mavens Dildo back

Whatever it was, i definitely agree!

Fremen
24-07-13, 13:27
If we have dildos, I demand fleshlight

Torg
25-07-13, 07:53
and horses. i mean: unicorns. and dragons. neocron definitely needs riding on dragons. and unicorns.