PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED][R#184-T#185/5] gun switching

gstyle40
09-07-13, 23:28
i noticed when after firing my healing light and immediately switching to my desparado the desparado will immediately get disabled. and it happens the opposite way as well. ill test how it works with other weapons v non weapon type items, stealth tool ect

Britney
09-07-13, 23:47
same with any weapon i've checked with a whole bunch of pistol rares / woc. if that "switch timer" isn't finished when you try and switch you will only holster your current weapon. then after that timer has finished you can select one of your weapons again, but there's no indication of that timer.

hatmankh
10-07-13, 00:01
I think this is intended, it's in the patchnotes. It'd be better if instead of this happening, you keep your current weapon out and nothing happens, then if you try again after the timer runs out you switch normally.

Faid
10-07-13, 01:26
How does this effect PPU spells? Shields and whatnot?

Neallys
10-07-13, 01:39
How does this effect PPU spells? Shields and whatnot?

Just tried it, it seems ok. But yeah something is defo wrong with what they were trying to do with the switching, it just gets buggy rather than letting you keep weapon in hand to finish your shooting.

hatmankh
10-07-13, 06:08
It's effecting nanite injectors too.

nabbl
10-07-13, 09:41
I can confirm that.

Something additionally:
When you want to switch your weapon it gets disabled. When you hit the Quickbelt-Button again you can switch to the weapon. But when you try do instantly shoot your weapon gets holstered again (but it is still selected in the quickbelt)

Alduin
10-07-13, 11:46
Thanks for the report! I will have a look into it on thursday, please go on testing, it is very much appreciated. Please also have a look at ppus, nanite tools, using boosters/medkits.

Not sure whether a visual feedback is easily fits into the old UI code which is quite a mess. Nevertheless: any ideas how it should look like, how should it be visualized (keep in mind: animations in the UI are not an option atm)?

Cheers
Alduin

Faid
10-07-13, 16:39
There has to be a better way to fix the problem with ionic pistol switching. Fucking up the entirety of the weapon/spell/nanite pool seems a bit overkill. Why not change the ion pistol itself instead of screwing everything else up? mebbe lower it's damage or make it really heavy so you cant have 4 of them, split it's single shot into a two shot burst which will elongate its firing time.

There has to be a better, smarter way to fix this problem (if it is even a real problem in the first place).

Fremen
10-07-13, 17:11
There has to be a better way to fix the problem with ionic pistol switching. Fucking up the entirety of the weapon/spell/nanite pool seems a bit overkill. Why not change the ion pistol itself instead of screwing everything else up? mebbe lower it's damage or make it really heavy so you cant have 4 of them, split it's single shot into a two shot burst which will elongate its firing time.

There has to be a better, smarter way to fix this problem (if it is even a real problem in the first place).

+1 !

It's the only weapon that can benefit a fast weapon swap.

Dribble Joy
10-07-13, 17:40
Balancing weapons needs reload times to be taken into account. Weapon swapping before the reload starts to a second, third or forth weapon allows you to bypass the time lost, increasing your overall dps.

Obviously you can still swap out before you fire the last burst, which is where the reticule reset comes in, but the ion pistol was still plagued by the fact you could swap between the firing and the reload beginning.

Ivan Eres
10-07-13, 17:41
nvm!

nabbl
10-07-13, 23:08
+1 !

It's the only weapon that can benefit a fast weapon swap.

NO!

WoC Launcher anyone?

Neallys
11-07-13, 05:57

I don't think it is, just a few germans whining about it on IRC constantly has brought the dev team to think it has to be fixed. The idea of switching back aim to every switch is horrible, if you really think the ionics are too powerful just (slightly?) reduce their damage, don't gimp an entire gameplay system without understanding the consequences (such as good luck trying to kill 3/4 ppus in outposts who are running around walls/YOs/hackterm).

And the switching while firing your weapon, I don't see what's wrong with that either. We need to address real issues, not some QQing after outpost fighting that went wrong.

Fremen
11-07-13, 13:31
NO!

WoC Launcher anyone?

lol, true. Would be fun to see a tank with 4x warhammer.

Fremen
11-07-13, 13:34
I don't think it is, just a few germans whining about it on IRC constantly has brought the dev team to think it has to be fixed. The idea of switching back aim to every switch is horrible, if you really think the ionics are too powerful just (slightly?) reduce their damage, don't gimp an entire gameplay system without understanding the consequences (such as good luck trying to kill 3/4 ppus in outposts who are running around walls/YOs/hackterm).

And the switching while firing your weapon, I don't see what's wrong with that either. We need to address real issues, not some QQing after outpost fighting that went wrong.

Gotta agree, it's going to bring more issues than it will remove.

Ryan Steiner
11-07-13, 13:45
lol, true. Would be fun to see a tank with 4x warhammer.

Just log in and join an OP fight these days.

da_fu$e
11-07-13, 20:42
Hallo lieber Zoltan und Alduin, dass mit dem Waffen wechseln ist totaler Scheiß! Man nimmt eine Waffe, schießt und will auf eine andere wechseln. Die ist kurz in der Hand und dann wieder weg. Wenn man länger wartet nach dem Schuss und dann wechselt ist sie in der Hand. Sollte man als Tank von CS auf AOE und wieder zurück, muss man ewig warten bis es klappt. Man kann argumentieren das es eine Timingsache wird/ist, aber für mich persönlich ist es eine nervige Sache. Dazu kommt es mir so vor als ob die Wartezeit bei jeder Waffe unterschiedlich ist. Der gleiche Mist ist auch bei PPU Spells. Wenn ich ein Schild oder anderen Spell nutze welcher in einer savezone erlaubt ist, den caste und dann auf einen Spell wechsle welcher in der savezone nicht erlaubt ist wie antiheal, habe ich auch so eine "downtime".

Dafür das man den Müll nur fabriziert wegen Ionic Pistols, betrifft das ALLE Spieler mit egal welcher Waffe und PPUs. Den Weg weiter zu gehen mit dieser Art um Waffen zu wechseln ist der falsche!

Da ist wohl die bessere Lösung nur was an der Ionic zu machen. Entweder die wird schwerer, so 10-20 als Gewicht so das man schon ordentlich Einbußen hat.
Man kann auch die Ionic Pistol so machen das man anstatt 1 nun 2 Schüsse hat und den DMG splittet. Das wird wohl auch dazu führen das die Waffe komplett useless wird. Wie auch immer, der jetzige Weg auf dem PTS ist absoluter Müll!

MFG Fuse

Cyco
11-07-13, 21:31

100% agree !!!

Alduin
11-07-13, 22:53

Okay, let me be straight here: get on the test server and test PPU spells and nanite tools, they should not be affected. Only everything which copbots term as weapon, as being aggressive, is (should be) affected. And as I said earlier: the holstering is not inteded, so nothing will be screwed up anymore once I fixed that one.

nabbl
11-07-13, 23:39
Hallo lieber Zoltan und Alduin, dass mit dem Waffen wechseln ist totaler Scheiß! Man nimmt eine Waffe, schießt und will auf eine andere wechseln. Die ist kurz in der Hand und dann wieder weg. Wenn man länger wartet nach dem Schuss und dann wechselt ist sie in der Hand. Sollte man als Tank von CS auf AOE und wieder zurück, muss man ewig warten bis es klappt. Man kann argumentieren das es eine Timingsache wird/ist, aber für mich persönlich ist es eine nervige Sache. Dazu kommt es mir so vor als ob die Wartezeit bei jeder Waffe unterschiedlich ist. Der gleiche Mist ist auch bei PPU Spells. Wenn ich ein Schild oder anderen Spell nutze welcher in einer savezone erlaubt ist, den caste und dann auf einen Spell wechsle welcher in der savezone nicht erlaubt ist wie antiheal, habe ich auch so eine "downtime".

Dafür das man den Müll nur fabriziert wegen Ionic Pistols, betrifft das ALLE Spieler mit egal welcher Waffe und PPUs. Den Weg weiter zu gehen mit dieser Art um Waffen zu wechseln ist der falsche!

Da ist wohl die bessere Lösung nur was an der Ionic zu machen. Entweder die wird schwerer, so 10-20 als Gewicht so das man schon ordentlich Einbußen hat.
Man kann auch die Ionic Pistol so machen das man anstatt 1 nun 2 Schüsse hat und den DMG splittet. Das wird wohl auch dazu führen das die Waffe komplett useless wird. Wie auch immer, der jetzige Weg auf dem PTS ist absoluter Müll!

MFG Fuse

Hast du wirklich gedacht, dass das Verhalten ABSICHT war?
Meinst du wirklich die wollten sowas einbauen?

Das ist klar ein Bug (wie Alduin bereits sagte) und wird gefixed.

Ich meine ich kann deinen Unmut verstehen, wenn sowas intended wäre, aber das ist es doch ganz eindeutig nicht. Zumal in den Patchnotes nix dergleichen steht.

Faid
11-07-13, 23:40
What is the reasoning for the changes? Is it specifically for the ion pistol? If it is then I would suggest a change to that particular gun, not a change that will effect the entire weapon pool. That's all I'm saying, so far this seems to be causing some troubles.

hatmankh
11-07-13, 23:52
I also think the timer on weapon switching is going too far, the reticle reset on weapon switch is enough by itself.

It can also make sense if you think about it, if you holster a gun and take out another one, you would actually have to start aiming all over again but the weird timer to switch weapons doesn't make sense, I fired a gun and now I have to wait x seconds before I can even start to holster it or switch to something else?

In the end all that really matters is gameplay and what's fun and I don't enjoy having to try and guess how long I gotta wait before switching my gun or alternatively spamming a key to change guns until it works. I don't imagine many other people would enjoy that either.

Dropout
11-07-13, 23:56
I also think the timer on weapon switching is going too far, the reticle reset on weapon switch is enough by itself.

It can also make sense if you think about it, if you holster a gun and take out another one, you would actually have to start aiming all over again but the weird timer to switch weapons doesn't make sense, I fired a gun and now I have to wait x seconds before I can even start to holster it or switch to something else?

In the end all that really matters is gameplay and what's fun and I don't enjoy having to try and guess how long I gotta wait before switching my gun or alternatively spamming a key to change guns until it works. I don't imagine many other people would enjoy that either.

I definitely agree with this.
The reset of your aim should be enough.

Sato
12-07-13, 00:12
Mann sollte sowas einbauen, wie" nur eine waffe vom selben typ im quickbelt erlaubt" und gut iss.
Castbugs oder Fehlcasts bei PPU und Apu mal fixen wär nett.
mfg

Ryan Steiner
12-07-13, 13:04
Mann sollte sowas einbauen, wie" nur eine waffe vom selben typ im quickbelt erlaubt" und gut iss.
mfg

Die Idee ist ja ansich nicht schlecht und würde das Problem auch lösen.
Allerdings würde dies auch eine erhebliche Einschränkung bedeuten was das Mitführen von unterschiedlichen Schadenarten (die gleiche Waffe auf 2 oder mehr Schadenarten gemodded) .

Faid
13-07-13, 06:32
[ edited ]

Alduin
13-07-13, 10:33
OK so can you respond to this Alduin or are you only good for quoting me and talking shit? Or are you just going to give me another warning for asking valid questions?

Oh and whats the deal with the naming of clan ranks? or are we just going to ignore that all together again?

Or should I wait until after your guys' UK piss-up where our GM's buddy up to normal everyday European players to form bonds outside the game to expect any kind of answers?

Well I can leave out the quotes so no one knows what I am/were referring to anymore that would be confusing! I could also just randomly quote people and answer other random posts, but that is also of no use to anyone is it? ;)

Concerning the warnings: I made a deal with Nidhogg to not give out warnings anymore and only point to the people who might deserve one ;) All in all, we are also just humans (at least I think so, maybe Niddy is indeed chewing on Yggdrasil).

Concerning the clanranks: I am a bit out of the loop there (have a hell lot of work on my desk, 50-60 working hours + 10 hours of traveling each week), I know it has been discussed quite a lot, in case there is no official announcement on those rules or addendum to the existing rules, please drop me a PM and I'll have a look where it is.

Although I stop by mostly on a day by day basis, I simply do not have the time to respond to each and every single question (immediately). If I would do so, that would probably waste the little bit of free time I still have.

In case you want any further off-topic answers, please open corresponding threads. So back to topic, everyone (including me, myself and I)!

What is the reasoning for the changes? Is it specifically for the ion pistol?
No, it is not specifically for the ion pistol, although the impact on it is the most severe one, that is true. I guess the reasoning for the "thou shall re-aim" change is quite clear. For the gun-switching change: you have to have drawbacks from weapon switching compared to reloading. Reloading should be a more viable option than directly switching to another weapon in any case. The reticule reset is in our opinion not introducing enough draw backs

First of all, translation: "One should something along the lines of: "only one weapon of the same type is allowed in your quickbelt"".
This option has far more severe drawbacks and issues. As already stated, this would disallow the option of having differently modded weapons in your quickbelt. If you however treat differently modded weapons as different weapons, you are back to the initial problem, just mod the weapons between which you want to fast-switch differently.

Translation: "Fixing castbugs and errornous casts would be nice."
This is semi-off-topic, but i'll answer it because the no-more-off-topic line is this post: we hope to have improved the situation with casting bugs by the additional new synchronization of weapon states over the network, however keep in mind: in certain situations missing a target is game mechanic wise inteded, just like weapons: you do not always hit.

Cheers,
Alduin

P.S.: this post is strongly influenced by my own opinion, so it could very well be that if we would work on an official consistent answer, that it would sound different, but it would also take longer, so do not take every single word as being written in stone now.

Ikkeh
13-07-13, 10:42

Totally agree, it was hard enough killing a ppu with 1/2 people and a ppu with anti buff. Now you have no chance if this is implemented.

I'm all for nerfing ionic pistols but please find another way, this will just kill neocron for me by making it feel even more clunky and slow.

Dribble Joy
13-07-13, 21:30
(such as good luck trying to kill 3/4 ppus in outposts who are running around walls/YOs/hackterm)
Is this a problem with weapon switching or with the unassailability of PPUs and the netcode?

If you need weapon switching to deal with PPUs then not only are you admitting that weapon switching gives you an advantage over reloading but that there is an issue with the survivability of PPUs.

Trivaldi
23-07-13, 00:39
Please retest at the new Vedeena patch level. Thanks.