PDA

View Full Version : [R#184] T#184-T#185 Testserver Patch Discussion

Alduin
09-07-13, 00:13
Cheers runners,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?152017-R-184-T-184-PTS-Patch-Notes).

Slauncha,
Alduin

hatmankh
09-07-13, 00:34
Awesome! Can't wait to test this, when can we expect to see Vedeena online?

LeoPump
09-07-13, 00:40
Reenabled automagic faction sympathy gain
The reticule is now being reset after switching weapons
After shooting you will have to wait at least 'shottime' before being able to switch weapons

Thank you!!!

I like the "new" Faction Locations for new Runners and the "Montag memorial" :)

I only miss some new items/runs. ;/

maybe next time, thumps up!

nikkon
09-07-13, 01:31
still think there should be a permanent copbot statue in p1 for Chenoa . patch notes look great

Britney
09-07-13, 04:01
Why didn't those dirty tech freaks move out of our beautiful city back to their filthy robot ridden hellhole in the wastes in the patch?
So the mission npcs that got removed (Dragon's wrath etc.) that part of the mission is skipped or something?

Lots of small generic fixes, i really like how the pp starter apps are back that really make it a nasty place to start off with your runner's career.

Auto faction symph gain is awesome, until there's been time to really look at the symph system and sl system as part of a big balance i'd keep it that way just to make it easier for people to switch over. (since the big clans tend to change faction so often or disappear altogether it'll help keep op wars and general population up i think)

The rest will just have to be tested on the testserver and i'll check it out for sure myself!

Ascension
09-07-13, 08:33
When does the server go live? Looking forward to have a nice simple font for my GUI, does it support font smoothing or anti-aliasing for non pixel based fonts?

Trivaldi
09-07-13, 09:38
Awesome! Can't wait to test this, when can we expect to see Vedeena online?
Vedeena should be online now unless some additional maintenance was required through the night.

Thank you!!!

I like the "new" Faction Locations for new Runners and the "Montag memorial" :)

I only miss some new items/runs. ;/

maybe next time, thumps up!
New content will be getting more focus in the months to come. We appreciate you guys needs more stuff to do. ;)

still think there should be a permanent copbot statue in p1 for Chenoa . patch notes look great
We considered a number of options and decided on a more subtle tribute, in an area Chenoa loved both as a player and as a member of the Neocron Team.

Why didn't those dirty tech freaks move out of our beautiful city back to their filthy robot ridden hellhole in the wastes in the patch?
So the mission npcs that got removed (Dragon's wrath etc.) that part of the mission is skipped or something?

Lots of small generic fixes, i really like how the pp starter apps are back that really make it a nasty place to start off with your runner's career.

Auto faction symph gain is awesome, until there's been time to really look at the symph system and sl system as part of a big balance i'd keep it that way just to make it easier for people to switch over. (since the big clans tend to change faction so often or disappear altogether it'll help keep op wars and general population up i think)

The rest will just have to be tested on the testserver and i'll check it out for sure myself!
The Fallen Angels will come into play more in the storyline soon along with Crahn to highlight their move and what is going on with those factions. If (;)) Tech Haven were to be used for new Angels, it would need a lot done to make it work as a starting location, even in Neocron 1 there was a lot of frustration for new runners starting out there. Twilight Guardian's Canyon Facility will experience some more changes over time too, to ensure that new TG runners get a good experience.

When does the server go live? Looking forward to have a nice simple font for my GUI, does it support font smoothing or anti-aliasing for non pixel based fonts?
For the former, please see above. For the latter I'll see if I can shove Zoltan into the room for more details on the font changes.

Zoltan
09-07-13, 09:50
For the former, please see above. For the latter I'll see if I can shove Zoltan into the room for more details on the font changes.

Yo! Fonts are now configurable BUT not all fonts are compatible. You are able to change sizes and the font file. In the case your client gets stucked with a blacksync please revert your changes and reboot your system.

Where I am able to change the font settings?

Take a look into your "Neocron\Ini" folder, there is a file called "Font.ini".
Open it in a text editor like notepad.

What kind of Fonts are supportet?

Just True Type Fonts

Will the UI adjust the font spaces automatic to the given font size?

No. You have to find the right setting which works for your by yourself.

Ivan Eres
09-07-13, 10:37
I like the many things that were changed in regard to the level design, the environment, the starter locations, and for TG. The game is moving back to the original vision that NC1 was. To me these changes will make the game feel more fresh again.

* Canyon Apartment areas have been renamed to the Montag and Rodriguez Barracks, in memory of the late Nicole 'Chenoa' Montag.

Thank you for keeping her memory in the game.

Ascension
09-07-13, 11:40
Yo! Fonts are now configurable BUT not all fonts are compatible. You are able to change sizes and the font file. In the case your client gets stucked with a blacksync please revert your changes and reboot your system.

Where I am able to change the font settings?

Take a look into your "Neocron\Ini" folder, there is a file called "Font.ini".
Open it in a text editor like notepad.

What kind of Fonts are supportet?

Just True Type Fonts

Will the UI adjust the font spaces automatic to the given font size?

No. You have to find the right setting which works for your by yourself.

Sounds great, just to ask again, does it support anti-aliasing or font smoothing? I'll defo be using a nice san-serif font like Helvetica Neue or Lucida Grande.

eNTi
09-07-13, 11:46
good to see some of the factions moving out of nc again. can you explain your reasoning behind the addition of the tg guards? are you planning similar placements for other factions?

can we expect "un-clumping" of mobs in other areas as well?

Trivaldi
09-07-13, 11:59
good to see some of the factions moving out of nc again. can you explain your reasoning behind the addition of the tg guards? are you planning similar placements for other factions?
All factions will become more territorial to put more relevance on faction membership. City Admin recently deployed guards outside of their HQ. City Mercs already have an extended presence in the North West Wastelands. Twilight Guardian used to control many of the structures in the Canyon before their betrayal at the hands of the Dome of York. The mountains around Tech Haven used to be somewhat under Fallen Angel control prior to Tech Haven's designation as a trading outpost by the peaceful non-playable branch of the Faction.

can we expect "un-clumping" of mobs in other areas as well?
Yes. As and when further sectors are visited general improvements will be made to the hunting in those areas. Fire mob hunting should be somewhat refreshed in the sectors updated in this patch. I hope to eventually freshen up the load out of all Wasteland sectors but it is quite a time consuming process.

RogerRamjet
09-07-13, 12:13
Reworked state synchronization of weapons, this should fix issues like e.g. a different number of hits registering on the server- and client-side

Does this fix the issue with the beam weapon bouncing HP bug?

Kane Gregory
09-07-13, 12:18
nice changelog! I hope that the patch arrives titan as fast as possible.

As spy I have a question concerning the stealth tool.
Is it possible to mark it as "no weapon"? *lovely smile*

Trivaldi
09-07-13, 12:20

Forgot to answer this one. The mission works in the exact same way as before. The redundant (as kills are not required) Dragon's Wrath spawn trigger has simply been removed, until such a time we can couple killing them with the other mission objective.

Neallys
09-07-13, 17:17
"The reticule is now being reset after switching weapons"

I'm unsure as to this being the best of ideas, it will (again) put favoritism on the side of people showing with a great amount of players at outpost fighting. I can see why this change has been made, and I'm only guessing Ionic switching. But people don't only use ionics, and no we don't have 'clipping' anymore at outpost fighting per se but we still have people running all around the place and being unable to keep a constant firepower on that kind of people will make them a pain to kill.

Ascension
09-07-13, 19:20
Still can't get on the test server. I try and log in and it does a long pause and goes back to login account/pass

nomoreheadtrips
09-07-13, 19:57
Still can't get on the test server. I try and log in and it does a long pause and goes back to login account/pass

Same here, when i click enter it say "connecting to server" and then go back to login screen again.

Any idea?

Fremen
09-07-13, 20:15
"Reworked state synchronization of weapons, this should fix issues like e.g. a different number of hits registering on the server- and client-side"

Is this related to the laser/plasma wave weapons not registering in some PvP situation ?

William Antrim
09-07-13, 20:49
"Reworked state synchronization of weapons, this should fix issues like e.g. a different number of hits registering on the server- and client-side"

Is this related to the laser/plasma wave weapons not registering in some PvP situation ?

yes they said so.

Ascension
09-07-13, 20:56
still can't get on the test server...

Trivaldi
09-07-13, 21:14
Vedeena will be back ASAP. Sorry for the false information earlier, seems there has been an issue with it through the night which needs to be addressed. Hopefully it just needs a kick once I tie Alduin to his computer. :)

Trivaldi
09-07-13, 22:20
Vedeena is online.

Ascension
09-07-13, 23:38
testing fonts on the rpos, click the photo for a big version

http://i.imgur.com/sStHmWQ.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/sStHmWQ.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/bDFm0df.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/bDFm0df.jpg)

Loopback
10-07-13, 00:51
You just wanted to stare at Britney lol!. I like the new look with the fonts though, that was much needed.

Drachenpaladin
10-07-13, 01:37
What font are u using there?

Britney
10-07-13, 01:38
what a perv, i wonder why it says "strenght" instead of "strength" with default rpos settings it shows as normal. Or did you typo in photoshop? ;p

Ascension
10-07-13, 08:14
You just wanted to stare at Britney lol!. I like the new look with the fonts though, that was much needed.

Haha, wanted a nice close up!

What font are u using there?

[TERMINAL]FILE=.\fonts\Calibri.ttf
NAME=Calibri
SIZE=10

[MAINMENU]
FILE=.\fonts\Calibri.ttf
NAME=Calibri
SIZE=9

[CHAT]
FILE=.\fonts\Calibri.ttf
NAME=Calibri
SIZE=14

[RPOS]
FILE=.\fonts\Calibri.ttf
NAME=Calibri
SIZE=11

[RPOSBIG]
FILE=.\fonts\Calibribold.ttf
NAME=Calibri Bold
SIZE=14

[RPOSCHAT]
FILE=.\fonts\Calibri.ttf
NAME=Calibri
SIZE=11

Just a combination of Calibri and Calibri Bold, could do with slightly tweaking sizes, when I work out what affects what.

what a perv, i wonder why it says "strenght" instead of "strength" with default rpos settings it shows as normal. Or did you typo in photoshop? ;p

Haha, I typo'd it when making a customer rpos, nicely spotted, I'll get round to editing it.

RogerRamjet
10-07-13, 15:34
First person to tell me which font NC1 used wins :D

SilentEye
10-07-13, 17:11
The RPOS uses Visitor TT1 (BRK). What did I win? :)

Ahh.. shit.. NC1... :(

nEo-1664
10-07-13, 18:44

Combination of:

Arial
ArialBD
AriBlk (Arial Black)
HandGB (HandelGothicBold)
HiLog18 (HILOGINREG)
Spredtal (SpreadTall)

Now, what do I win? :p

Loopback
10-07-13, 20:13
Combination of:

Arial
ArialBD
AriBlk (Arial Black)
HiLog18 (HILOGINREG)
Spredtal (SpreadTall)

A date with Britney!

*runs away really really fast*

Ascension
10-07-13, 20:52
Combination of:

Arial
ArialBD
AriBlk (Arial Black)
HiLog18 (HILOGINREG)
Spredtal (SpreadTall)

Thats all the NC 2 fonts, so the rpos used the same fonts?

Ascension
10-07-13, 22:37
I've been working on my rpos to fit calibri/calibri bold, anything marked with a red 'x' has been tweaked to take the font.

Click image for full size

http://i.imgur.com/8rnWwHV.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/8rnWwHV.jpg)

RogerRamjet
11-07-13, 01:25
The RPOS uses Visitor TT1 (BRK). What did I win? :)

Ahh.. shit.. NC1... :(

One night of passion with yours truly ;)

Britney
11-07-13, 02:00
A date with Britney!

Date me baby, one more time?

nEo-1664
11-07-13, 19:17
Thats all the NC 2 fonts, so the rpos used the same fonts?

They are also the fonts used in the Neocron 1 Offline Demo ;)

lawless
13-07-13, 14:23
* It says in the patchnotes, that new Twilight Guardian members will start in the canyon. That information is incorrect, as i got an appartement in the Outzone Complex.

* When i zoned with an active weapon and want to shoot, the weapon does deactivate (intended?)

* I like the new low- midlevel stuff around the canyon and with a few improvements in the future, this area has a chance to rise again

* The new generep room at the canyon is made very nicely and i hope that soon some evil enemys will be slaughtered trying to come through those gates

* Thank you for removing the Black Dragon guard out of the canyon entrance

All in all some nice developement.

Trivaldi
13-07-13, 15:26
* It says in the patchnotes, that new Twilight Guardian members will start in the canyon. That information is incorrect, as i got an appartement in the Outzone Complex.
Hmmm shall have to take another look at that. Thank you for carrying out further tests.