PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless philosophy

Arista Barret
07-07-13, 04:56
The United Nations is trying to legitimize anti-blasphemy laws. I live in the United States where freedom of speech is the law. Catering to all religions by eliminating personal freedoms based on religion or sensitive issues is a fascist practice. I understand this is a game and you probably want people to enjoy themselves, but let us look at the bigger picture. I have always thought that by eliminating conflicts you eliminate reasons to play the game. I believe the line should be drawn at offending someone directly and personally. Insulting a religion that someone chose is not a personally directed statement. It is simply a viewpoint held by the speaker. Eliminating free speech should never be an option or a rule. I realize bringing up the ************''s got me banned. If you look at ******************s' views, then you have got to see where ****************** would have agreed 100% to limit speech in favor of specific views held by himself and eliminating all other voices. I still stand behind my comments because they were completely true.
A true and honorable system of rules would tolerate freedom of speech. I believe your goal as a leader should be to stand clear of all sides of an issue and remain neutral. This is the practice of most public groups designed to attract a wide audience. Have you anything to learn from a "yes-man"? Of coarse not.
To sum up my point here is a list of non-tolerable subject matter...
Racism. Person IRL hateful comments. Easy, simple.
Keep the game alive by causing conflicts and creating reasons to fight. Then afterward allow players to act out their roles. Did you know people in-game were scheduling OP wars and doing it just for fun? This might sound great to the carebears but look at population just before and after such events. We do not need a friendly chat room. We need a hardcore fighting cyberpunk game and a dev team who can support it. Thanks for reading all that and thanks for allowing me the chance to speak again. See you around![/QUOTE]
Hopeless

Faid
07-07-13, 05:33
Interesting read Dio. You're for hardcore everything then? Zerging and barreling UG's would be OK in your book I assume. The superior force with the superior numbers should win at all costs and take the entire map. No room for anything else. It would be good to have GM's in your clan as they can certainly affect the outcome of certain situations. Ban players you don't like or who pose a threat to you in some way. This is the only course of action.

I can see your point but it doesnt make for a realistic gaming experience, at least not in NC, but that doesn't mean it cant, or isn't, happening now...

Nidhogg
07-07-13, 12:19
If you post something on the Neocron forums that begins with the words "The United Nations is trying..." you need to step back and rethink what you're doing. If you then go on to resurrect an old discussion that broke the forum rules then you need to take two steps back.

I can help you with that.