PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Client Issue

Toast
09-06-13, 03:31
Just got a new machine...
Gamer Power NE615FX Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB Windows 8...

Launcher loads but game doesn't launch. Any ideas guys?

nEo-1664
09-06-13, 10:56
Top of this forum: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146737-FAQ-NEOCRON-does-not-do-what-you-want-it-to-do-Please-read-here-first!

Make sure you have the required dependencies installed. Can you load up the hardware configuration to select your game resolution etc ?

Toast
10-06-13, 02:13
Naa, when I load the hardware configuration the dialog starts to open and then closes right away. Same with trying to launch the game. Not sure about the dependencies, I'm not a computer guy.

Deus Ex Machina
10-06-13, 10:37
Had that problem with the closing hardware configuration.
The solution for me was to install DirectX 9
No you seemingly do not have the necessary bits installed with newer computers.
I think in the thread linked above there is also a link for the right DirectX Version.

After that it needed a restart for me, then it worked.

Ivan Eres
10-06-13, 12:52
Did you use the new installer from the main website? It will install alle dependencies automagically.

Toast
24-06-13, 04:56
Tried a bunch of stuff over the past few weeks, my new windows 8 machine just doesn't want to run NC :wtf:

Faid
24-06-13, 06:09
Where does the game crash on you?

Does the launcher connect at all or does it crash at char selection? or what?

Trivaldi
24-06-13, 11:21
Did you use the new installer from the main website? It will install alle dependencies automagically.
This is an important aspect of it if you're running Windows 8. As much information on what you've tried as possible would be great.

Toast
25-06-13, 02:31
Hi guys, thanks for the interest. Truth be told I have not tried installing from the main website because despite my broadband connection it says the installation will take more than 24 hours. Last night I had tried different things for several hours before I gave up, and tonight for the first time in months the character selection screen comes up! I must have needed a reboot after forcibly taking ownership of the directory structure. The mouse isn't working yet, hopefully that's an easy one.

Toast
25-06-13, 02:35
LOL spoke too soon! !!!it doesn't work unless I have the forums up!!!

WIERD!

Toast
25-06-13, 02:54
ahh back to not working :(

Dropout
25-06-13, 08:11
And your install is NOT in \program files, right?
As long as you install to C:\Neocron or C:\Games\Neocron you shouldnt have any problems really..
Hell, there isnt even need to run as admin, nor for compatibility mode with Win8.

Toast
26-06-13, 01:52
No it's not in program files, it's in C:\Neocron2, and I get that it's a permissions issue of some sort. Was able to log on once yesterday, unfortunately I can't figure out why I was able to that once.

Ivan Eres
26-06-13, 08:55
No it's not in program files, it's in C:\Neocron2, and I get that it's a permissions issue of some sort. Was able to log on once yesterday, unfortunately I can't figure out why I was able to that once.

How's your connection to the gameserver? Can you ping it manually and tell us the reported wait times ?