Frell
20-06-13, 00:01
I just logged Titan

Bifrost
20-06-13, 00:32
Yes Titan is back online. :)

Ascension
20-06-13, 09:05
I and several other people are experiencing kick to login, about every 10 minutes.

Bifrost
20-06-13, 10:52
I and several other people are experiencing kick to login, about every 10 minutes.

Can you give us more information. What does the message say on the login screen when you are kicked, and what zone are you in?

Ajay
20-06-13, 11:37
Hey guys - anyone else having problems logging in? If I try to launch the game as normal, it just hangs on the patcher and if I run the client.exe directly, it loads but then hangs while trying to connect to the server then finally says "Failed to connect to server".

Ajay
20-06-13, 11:40
Related to the fact I can't login maybe?

Kain
20-06-13, 12:56
Got kicked about 20 mins ago and now it cannot find the server. It did, the first couple of attempts list Titan, but it took 10 seconds to find it. But I got cannot connect to server message after selecting it, and was put back at the login screen.

Surreal
20-06-13, 13:00
Same for me Kane. The times I finally do connect, I get a black sync, and get kicked back to the logon screen. I thought it might be my rubbish connection, but it seems Im not the only one.

Surreal
20-06-13, 13:03
I should add, the error message i get is "failed to connect to server"

Ajay
20-06-13, 13:07
Titan be down it would appear.

Bugger - had the day off today as well! o_O

Surreal
20-06-13, 13:10
And that time it was "worldclient : connection to the worldserver failed"

Dropout
20-06-13, 13:14
Hey guys - anyone else having problems logging in? If I try to launch the game as normal, it just hangs on the patcher and if I run the client.exe directly, it loads but then hangs while trying to connect to the server then finally says "Failed to connect to server".

You might want to check your updater.ini ..
Im having the same problem, and my updater.ini doesnt really look.. Right... :p

SERVERIP=127.0.0.0
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=127.0.0.0
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron.com
FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron.com
TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=1
LOCALPORT=23041

Surreal
20-06-13, 13:28
SERVERIP=85.10.211.24
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=85.10.211.24
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron-game.com
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=0
LOCALPORT=22000

Thats mine. No idea if its good, bad, or indifferent.

Agent L
20-06-13, 13:30
Definitely HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron-game.com is the correct one. There's no site under launcher.neocron.com

Dropout
20-06-13, 13:30
SERVERIP=85.10.211.24
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=85.10.211.24
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron-game.com
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=0
LOCALPORT=22000

Thats mine. No idea if its good, bad, or indifferent.

Thank you very much mate. Now I can log in ;)

Surreal
20-06-13, 13:33
Wouldnt bet on that. Ive had log in issues all night.

Ajay
20-06-13, 13:39
How weird is that? I can log in now. Thanks for the help :D

Surreal
20-06-13, 13:41
I keep replying, no idea if its helpful, or im just a spammer in training.

From the log on screen, clicking enter gets me 'connecting to server', the back to log on screen. Message 'failed to connect to server'.

Roughly 1 in 5 attempts gets me into the game, and 5 seconds later im booted back to logon.

This time, logged in no issues. Still in game.

Trivaldi
20-06-13, 14:04
Threads merged. There are some lasting routing issues due to the migration which are being addressed. We are also experiencing some issues with our proxy solution which provides the launcher with the correct IP address to the game server. Zoltan is aware of the issues and is currently working to resolve them.

We hope to overcome these issues as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

Dropout
20-06-13, 14:11
Zoltan is aware of the issues and is currently working to resolve them.
So is Zoltan the only one of you who has to do with the server itself?
If so, poor guy.. Remind him that sleep is needed once in a while.. :p

Trivaldi
20-06-13, 14:16
While asking Zoltan if my description of events was correct, he fixed the proxy for he is some sort of wizard. Some internal routing issues remain which he is actively monitoring, I am told it should now be a bit easier to get logged in and stay in but some lag may still be experienced. We'll keep you posted.

So is Zoltan the only one of you who has to do with the server itself?
If so, poor guy.. Remind him that sleep is needed once in a while.. :p
ArkHive is also involved with the migration project. Once things are back to where they should be, more of us get let in to cause them more problems... erm.. I mean help manage the system... :angel:

Dropout
20-06-13, 14:37
ArkHive is also involved with the migration project. Once things are back to where they should be, more of us get let in to cause them more problems... erm.. I mean help manage the system... :angel:

Ah okay, considering the time it has taken to migrate, Im guessing that not a lot has been automated..
And if that's the case, it would be quite a job for just one person - especially when There's crackheads that needs their crack asap :p

Has it been migrated to 2012? Im guessing (read: hoping) that you're running Windows Server?

Trivaldi
20-06-13, 15:40
Titan is now offline due to an issue with the internal routing as described above. Zoltan is working to resolve the issue. No formal ETA at the moment, you may experience periods of being able to login then being kicked while Z deals with the issue.

More when I have it. Again, we really appreciate you guys sticking with us. :)

@Dropout I wouldn't be the right person to give any specifics on the servers or infrastructure.

Zoltan
20-06-13, 16:12
There is an issue with the routing of the udp packages into the internal network. Thats why you get kicked sometimes. Blackscreen / Sync = out of UDP packages ;)

I have to monitor the problem.

Ajay
20-06-13, 16:14
Can someone fix El Farid as well please? ;)

Zoltan
20-06-13, 16:19
It seems that is a bug in the RRAS server which leads to the disconnects. We have write an own solution for this the server remains offline in the meanwhile. Sorry for this.

Zaradoom
20-06-13, 16:35
I curse the server gods for this! Making me go "back" to the current era of games meanwhile. No fun at all! ;-)

Glad we are getting updated here, feels better then just not knowing whats up and if it is being worked on!

Agent L
20-06-13, 16:38
Has it been migrated to 2012? Im guessing (read: hoping) that you're running Windows Server?
Nah, they're running Windows 98.
: D

SynC_187
20-06-13, 16:48
It seems that is a bug in the RRAS server which leads to the disconnects. We have write an own solution for this the server remains offline in the meanwhile. Sorry for this.

Well that answers the infrastructure question ;)

Loopback
20-06-13, 18:07

I'd be hoping more that they're running VM's on BSD. Far more stable and most versions of windows sadly gain in performance when run that way lol.

Ajay
20-06-13, 19:55
Here's hoping double XP lasts a little longer ;)

Okran
20-06-13, 21:41
My wife has me back for another evening then :lol:

Agent L
20-06-13, 21:57
Unfortunately, waiting for the server to go back up is more absorbing and takes more time than playing the game : /

Chuck Norris
20-06-13, 22:06
was any net code changed or just hardware migration?

kill3r
20-06-13, 22:17
server is back :)

Agent L
20-06-13, 22:38
was any net code changed or just hardware migration?NC seems to be an entire network of servers, not just one. The old routing rules are not compatible with new datacenter and some packets are lost.

SynC_187
20-06-13, 23:08
server is back :)

"Was"

Bifrost
20-06-13, 23:10
Server is down again, Zoltan is currently investigating.

Sorry about that.

Sato
20-06-13, 23:24
hi @ all
IRC down?
[11:21:13] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.neocron-game.com (port 843).

mfg
Sato

DL_620x
21-06-13, 00:32
Don't try to leave the MB. I'm stuck in sync at the long hallway.

Santo
21-06-13, 00:42
They just said on IRC, that they are on it and that it should be resolved soon(tm).

**EDIT**

[00:52] <~Zoltan> okay
[00:53] <~Zoltan> i've take down all the servers
[00:53] <~Zoltan> since the last os crash the db gets damaged
[00:54] <~Zoltan> the worlds are damaged and some of the characters but i am pretty sure i able to save your characters without a rollback.

Flutter Spy
21-06-13, 01:03
I am having withdrawals. I am now playing Facebook games and I hate FB games!!

Santo
21-06-13, 01:14
Just on a quick note (in case you're not following Zoltans Twitter):

"There is an issue with the moved TITAN server. The OS crashed and damaged the db hardly.I need to setup a new server for titan. chars r save"

So take a night off all ;)

Bifrost
21-06-13, 02:35
An update has been posted here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?151918-Titan-Migration-to-New-Infrastructure&p=2216082&viewfull=1#post2216082).

More news around tomorrow lunchtime. Sorry for the downtime.

Britney
21-06-13, 03:25
It would be really cool to have a map graphed out of the nc server infrastructure. Zoltan can you share it or is it top secret? ;)

Dropout
21-06-13, 11:07
It would be really cool to have a map graphed out of the nc server infrastructure. Zoltan can you share it or is it top secret? ;)

I would love to know a Little about the server setup aswell tbh!
Working in hosting, but have zero experience with game servers, so this would definitely be interesting! :)

BlueRobot
21-06-13, 12:51
so, everything on titan is lost?

Dropout
21-06-13, 12:53

How do you get that, from anything said in this thread? :wtf:

SynC_187
21-06-13, 12:56

Check the announcement thread and you will see that character data is fine, but world and appartment data is damaged. Worst case a 1 day rollback.

Ajay
21-06-13, 13:07
I can cope with a rollback as I only had a few lvl's gained. Hope we don't have to, but it wouldn't be the first time o_O

Hey, maybe we will get treble XP if there is a rollback!? ;-)

SynC_187
21-06-13, 13:26
I can cope with a rollback as I only had a few lvl's gained. Hope we don't have to, but it wouldn't be the first time o_O

Hey, maybe we will get treble XP if there is a rollback!? ;-)

There was so little up time that a rollback isn't going to lose anything much. I only managed about 4mil XP before the server went down last night. Only needed another 2mil to cap 8|

Harch
21-06-13, 13:31
If it's a rollback to before the transfer then I'll lose 32 levels of dex. Eep. Still not too worried... Shit happens.

Murm

Edit: Ah the last backup was on the 20th. No problem!

Harch
21-06-13, 13:33
Would rather not have triple xp. Double is bad enough! Too much stress on the servers and levelling areas get annoyingly full on double as it is... Just double for a little longer is fine.

Murm

SynC_187
21-06-13, 13:51
Would rather not have triple xp. Double is bad enough! Too much stress on the servers and levelling areas get annoyingly full on double as it is... Just double for a little longer is fine.

Murm

Yeah if they did triple I would have to book time off work to cap all my tradeskillers. Save a lot of grinding El Farid or Regents.

Santo
21-06-13, 14:20
If it's a rollback to before the transfer then I'll lose 32 levels of dex. Eep. Still not too worried... Shit happens.

Murm

Edit: Ah the last backup was on the 20th. No problem!

Still, char data (e.g. your xp and level) are save. Apparently, "only" World and Appartment Data might be rollbacked to the 20th, which is (at least from my point of view) still "ok". Sure, rollbacks are never really good, but this one wouldn't be horrible either. Hope you get what I want to express :)

Hotschie
21-06-13, 14:23
Whats the reason for double or triple exp?
The Servermigration and the downtime?
In my eyes, there is no reason for an exp boost. We have to thank Zoltan and the Dev Crew for the time they spend to keep Neocron alive and not claim bonus ep. We are paying nothing for our Drug, so calm down, do some housework and be prepared for the server start. :D

SynC_187
21-06-13, 14:28
In my eyes, there is no reason for an exp boost. We have to thank Zoltan and the Dev Crew for the time they spend to keep Neocron alive and not claim bonus ep. We are paying nothing for our Drug, so calm down, do some housework and be prepared for the server start. :D

We're just joking around. It has already been stated there will be double xp to make up for lost time. We aren't claiming anything. It was offered.

Agent L
21-06-13, 14:29
Yeah, getting back on crack after days of forced withdrawal is more than enough incentive.

Sato
21-06-13, 15:55
What is wrong white the irc?some people cant connect to the irc

SynC_187
21-06-13, 16:07
What is wrong white the irc?some people cant connect to the irc

Could be hosted on the same server for all we know, so guess we wait until Ben says everything is up.

Agent L
21-06-13, 16:17
What I see it's not a problem with irc, but with flash client, or more specifically with Adobe f**king up flash runtime since version 9,0,124.

[04:14:35] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.neocron-game.com (port 843).

SynC_187
21-06-13, 17:44
It's alive!

Thanks Zoltan!

Harch
21-06-13, 21:13
It's alive!

Thanks Zoltan!

Give it time... :p
GJ guys