PDA

View Full Version : Rare Rocket Pistol - call it The Jury.

William Antrim
12-06-13, 19:18
I would like to see a rare Rocket Pistol added to the game please. I would like to see it called the Jury. It should have around 95 dex too in my opinion so that PE can use it at cap and spy for levelling.

There needs to be another one around the tl 80 mark too (non rare ofc).

Clever people will see why I picked this name :)

Load_HeavyLoad
12-06-13, 19:19
Definitely adds more options to levelling a dex char.

not quite a derail but I think maybe have fusion pistols work like fusion cannons or a hybrid of both - some aoe but not a massive field

William Antrim
12-06-13, 19:25
Definitely adds more options to levelling a dex char.

not quite a derail but I think maybe have fusion pistols work like fusion cannons or a hybrid of both - some aoe but not a massive field

Made that thread recently. Do a search :)

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 20:06
Would be nice to have a aoe rare pistol, would help make pistol leveling more viable.

would you get a bonus for using it with the plasma and fusion rare in the right order?

Manuel Moonez
13-06-13, 04:05
yes, yes
and yes please...

Doc Holliday
13-06-13, 04:31
would you get a bonus for using it with the plasma and fusion rare in the right order?

Only if you Macro'd it.

DIABLO666
13-06-13, 04:41
Only if you Macro'd it.

Nah I'm sure you could perfectly time it despite how it would no doubt require them to all have the same freq combined with pinpoint timing for that to be sort of possible. But I'm sure it would be.

Brammers
14-06-13, 12:40
Clever people will see why I picked this name :)

But we don't have Juries in Neocron, everyone just gets Judged and then Executed! ;)

DIABLO666
14-06-13, 13:24
Now now brammers thats awfully unfair, the copbots clearly state they are judge JURY and executioner, they just happen to always sentence everybody as guilty....

Dropout
14-06-13, 13:24
On a more serious note.. Rocket pistols would have to balanced first..
If it scaled properly to TL it would be insanely overpowered. The Rocket pistol we already have ingame does a LOT of damage for its TL.

William Antrim
14-06-13, 17:39
On a more serious note.. Rocket pistols would have to balanced first..
If it scaled properly to TL it would be insanely overpowered. The Rocket pistol we already have ingame does a LOT of damage for its TL.

Agreed. Balancing will come soon though. When it does we can start to request new guns as theoretically they should be better equipped to create them with a solid template to work from.

Fenix Wylde
14-08-13, 15:22
I tend to stay away from rocket pistols as I tend to shoot myself in the foot more often than I hit what I'm aiming at :)

Neallys
14-08-13, 15:37
It would seem a good idea to want and raise the options of pistols to do AoE damage, unfortunately I myself think it is a bad idea.

- There is a PvP mechanic behind our system which tends to be: Spies have stealth, Tanks have AoE. Adding a powerful rocketlauncher pistol for spies would kind of screw with that
- Don't you think the logic would be to raise the single-weapon XP on mobs to even out AOE/Single target XP?

Torg
15-08-13, 12:18
While everybody loves rocket pistols, as they're fun and useful, a TL 80 rare rocket pistol would probably unbalancedly strong - even the TL 65 is being too strong for its TL, so the whole line would need to be rebalanced. so my point is: just putting the "jury" ingame wouldnt work, we could only properly do this after the great rebalancing project of 2013.

William Antrim
15-08-13, 17:17
- There is a PvP mechanic behind our system which tends to be: Spies have stealth, Tanks have AoE. Adding a powerful rocketlauncher pistol for spies would kind of screw with that
- Don't you think the logic would be to raise the single-weapon XP on mobs to even out AOE/Single target XP?

AOE is for levelling. How does it screw? Dont get what you mean.

Torg - already thought of that, its in the initial thread.

Neallys
15-08-13, 17:49
AOE is for levelling. How does it screw? Dont get what you mean.

I'm talking about PvP, not leveling. We can't have pistols spies running with having both advantages of stealthing and dealing good amount of AoE damage. This is screwing up with PvP mechanics.

William Antrim
16-08-13, 00:14
I'm talking about PvP, not leveling. We can't have pistols spies running with having both advantages of stealthing and dealing good amount of AoE damage. This is screwing up with PvP mechanics.

So other changes would need to be made to go along with it.

IE - limit targets for aoe or make them single target in pvp to prevent the lamers. That would help defend against friendly fire also and would not embarass anyone or make anything imbalanced. The gun can easily be balanced and made useful to PVErs and the like and then be useless for pvpers due to the OPness you are concerned about.

hatmankh
16-08-13, 01:58
If adding a new weapon requires all those changes to the game to make it balanced it's not worth adding the weapon.

William Antrim
21-08-13, 16:28
If adding a new weapon requires all those changes to the game to make it balanced it's not worth adding the weapon.

Just lol.

By that logic if suggesting all of these complicated changes means actually adding the changes then they are not worth changing...

No you are right, that is clearly a bonkers suggestion. New content! Heaven forbid such a crazy idea.