PDA

View Full Version : Very controversial idea to remove ppus

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 14:30
Again this is not a thread demanding at this stage is a open discussion on what people think about it.

Basically more and more I've just found myself annoyed when a ppu shows up as it means either the enemy or my allies will be getting buffs and just be far to much for the enemy to handle making the fighting boring. Yes sometimes the enemy is awful and you can overcome the ppu but generally this isn't the case, and even if you kill a few of them unless the ppu is also awful they will get a rezz.

All the ppu does in my eyes is make pvp more annoying when they show up as fights last a ridiculously long amount of time, they become unfair most of the time, and you can end up being dependent on how good your ppu is as if the enemy ppu is hitting every anti buff and heal while yours isn't then you've lost the fight through no fault of your own (again assuming equal skill level between you and the person you were fighting).

As I'm sure people realise most of this is based around fighting in pp1, OP would be a different kettle of fish and could perhaps require a rework if they did this (OP fights indeed as I type this I realise are the main issue against it unless people can think up reasons to the contrary). One solution would be to make it so when attacking the OP first of all you need to (or can) hack the GR which gives you're clan or allies the ability to GR to it for say and hour so if people die they can return quickly. This would not only solve the problem of fights ending very quickly if people slowly die but also add a whole new element of OP fighting as you would need to have a poker there and keep the GR room safe. They could also make it so you get less SI when you GR to a GR that has been hacked by your clan/faction/allies.

Of course this would also mean pve would need a rework (which is does anyway) as right now you cannot pve without a ppu apart from by exploiting however this if anything would also be a good thing as it limits the ability to get essential gear like rares to those who either know the exploits or have a clan to help them.

Finally the apu could be given the rezz and a lower level heal, the heal because right now I believe the apu has no way to self heal so removing the ppu would mean they would need some kind of self heal even if it is only a minor one in the same vane as the heal other people have, one to heal after a fight but not to much use in it. As for the rezz, thats more of an idea as rezzing is the only handy thing the ppu has I would hate to loose as it makes dueling without NF possible and is also useful for pve, that said though it might also end up making the apu the essential character for pve as well.

Well those are my thoughts and ideas, feel free to show support, alter ideas, or shoot them down as you will.

Edit: Additional idea, instead of removing the ppu they could alter is so their buffs are only 50% effective against players (or perhaps less) this way ppus would have a place in pvp but not the huge place they have right now being basically equal to another 2 or 3 people joining the fight.

William Antrim
12-06-13, 14:42
Too long didnt read?

I want to make another rage thread because I do not like the fact that ppus are in the game.

Op fights would last two minutes without a ppu, not good fun.

The community needs to fix this issue with PPUs in pp1, not the devs.

Sorry.

nascarr
12-06-13, 14:45
giving a apu a rez lol sure ill like a heal on the apu but apus cant even come out of a UG without 4 ionic spys laughing at them as they try a get 1 apoc shot off before getting owned let alone standing there and rezin someone

Load_HeavyLoad
12-06-13, 14:50
give APUs back the antibuff thus givign them a purpose as well as ppus maybe make it shorter casting too, also as mentioned earlier give APUs some sort of self cast only shields like nanites

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 14:51
this is why I thought about giving the apu the rez as it wouldn't be a easy thing which a rez shouldn't be.

As for william don't comment if your not going to even bother to read it

Load_HeavyLoad
12-06-13, 14:52
i also didnt read because as youve proven time and time again you post from the hip

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 14:58
Is this forum full of nothing but trolls? well hopefully some people who want to add to the discussion will post as well.

Load_HeavyLoad
12-06-13, 15:06
we're not trolling you, we're trying to give you some sort of filter because your ideas are only whines formed out of in game frustration - posting for the sake of it or posting because something pisses you off is how naming no names some people managed to instigate bad changes to NC2 and NC2.2

William Antrim
12-06-13, 15:08
we're not trolling you, we're trying to give you some sort of filter because your ideas are only whines formed out of in game frustration - posting for the sake of it or posting because something pisses you off is how naming no names some people managed to instigate bad changes to NC2 and NC2.2

This.

For the record I read your post. I added the ? to aim it at other people. It is a long whiney and therefore bad post about a bad idea that was ill-conceived in another bad post elsewhere.

In case you havent picked up on it, I am against the idea totally.

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 15:15
You see now you are basically trolling as this is by no means a whiney bad post its actually a post where I even say its a discussion and put forward ideas, you to counter them say *I didn't read it* followed by *its a whiney bad post*. How about you point out bits and why you think it wont work? Do you think debating teams win by saying *and as my rebuttal I would like to say you sir are whiney, that is all*

evs
12-06-13, 15:24
Removing PPU's is not just overkill it's borderline insanity :p
Tweaking or toning down is perhaps needed but then that still needs to balance against high end mob damage i.e MC5.
A step back towards is giving APU the antishield again.
I remember in the opwars of old the APU's casting it and you had to protect the APU's whilst they were antishielding which was a nice tactical edge to the battle - the weakest defence gets to take away the strongest defence and you have to look after that guy/gal until the anti is done.
Only issue at the time was the speed that the ppu could rebuff (seconds) it needs to force a significant amount of time that the shield is down or weakened or the cast time sped up.

eNTi
12-06-13, 15:30
giving antis to apu at his current state would completely destroy every bit of fun left in pvp, because apus would just be prime targets. they would fall in the first few seconds and then no one would be left casting antis on invulnerable ppus, which would just keep on rezzing until everyone runs out of psi and sta boosters. spies would become even more op and so on.

if you give them a self cast shield it would have to be much more potent than a ppu shield to make him last enough to get an anti out. go figure what that would do to the class. not quite sure if you thought that through. the only thing that could work to some extend, is making antis level 30 psi spells.

tl;dr
antis on apus would destroy pvp.

Load_HeavyLoad
12-06-13, 16:01
putting antis on apus would decrease the level of ppus in pvp and increase the level of apus full stop.

the main problem that needs to be addressed is apu defence

eNTi
12-06-13, 16:16
how about a stealth spell and a short cast time on the antis?

Ascension
12-06-13, 16:27
giving antis to apu at his current state would completely destroy every bit of fun left in pvp, because apus would just be prime targets. they would fall in the first few seconds and then no one would be left casting antis on invulnerable ppus, which would just keep on rezzing until everyone runs out of psi and sta boosters. spies would become even more op and so on.

if you give them a self cast shield it would have to be much more potent than a ppu shield to make him last enough to get an anti out. go figure what that would do to the class. not quite sure if you thought that through. the only thing that could work to some extend, is making antis level 30 psi spells.

tl;dr
antis on apus would destroy pvp.

In an OP war situation as a primary APU player this is the case anyway, while attack rating is still high, unlike every other class you have to physically click on a hit box to cast, if you miss click you have then to deal with a fizzle before you cast again.

Every other class can effectively spray and pray, with at least some shots having chance of hitting. If you're good enough as APU you can maintain your target, but with such a low freq every class can out damage you, if not with initial damage, but with DOTs (which apu's no longer have)

I appreciate my post is off topic, but I keep getting rage about how broken my favourite class is.

Neallys
12-06-13, 16:30
I feel like Pepper park is the problem, not the PPU. People will always search for a compromised PvP zone, which is Safezone/Warzone. Back when Neocron and DoY were separated as two big alliances, you saw people pking in Pepper park all over the zones and Pro-cities going to DoY. Of course they had to bring their own PPU and stuff, but also people came alone and sniped in P1, or did stealth attacks in Pepper park, it wasn't always OP-team like.

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 17:28
It's not just in PP though, in a OP war if you don't have a ppu you've already lost and often the side with more ppus wins as if 1 side has 2 ppus the other 1 then the side with 2 has 1 ppu to buff 1 to anti buff the other ppu so hes always buffing himself not his allies OR 2 ppus to anti buff the enemy ppu so he goes down quickly.

right now ppus seem to determine who wins a fight.

As for people saying it will make Op fights last 4 seconds they could make some changes to fix that, for example as I said in my post make the enemy able to hack the top GR so they have a place to quickly GR to OR have a safe building in the zone instead that can be hacked, some kind of bunker which is similar to the UG but outside of the OP in the zone. This way instead of people just constantly rezzing all fight there could be fights followed by reorganising then another attack. They could even change the SI loss so people can get into the fight more quickly. This could actually be a interesting way to do it as the defenders could counter hack the door to the bunker if they are winning convincingly to clear it out thus making it unhackable for a while so any further attacks must be done from further afield.

Edit: For hacking the bunker the hack term for it could be on the back of the bunker or somewhere out of the way, this way the person hacking could be defended as well as the person hacking the OP.

William Antrim
12-06-13, 18:57
I feel like Pepper park is the problem, not the PPU. People will always search for a compromised PvP zone, which is Safezone/Warzone. Back when Neocron and DoY were separated as two big alliances, you saw people pking in Pepper park all over the zones and Pro-cities going to DoY. Of course they had to bring their own PPU and stuff, but also people came alone and sniped in P1, or did stealth attacks in Pepper park, it wasn't always OP-team like.

The community is the problem, not the zone or the class.

The Red Guy
12-06-13, 20:17
You can't change community behaviour, just force them by game changes. Sadly...

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 22:00
Indeed if you could get the community to change we wouldn't need fixes to exploits and a proper system to find hackers. Sadly we need both of these.

How about if we change this into ideas to properly balance ppus? The main issue I have with ppus if they determine the fight right now, was chatting about this with a clan mate and he gave the good example of if you have a 2v2 fight, 1 ppu 1 damage dealer each side who wins that fight?

Well lets look into it, if both ppus are of a equal skill the damage dealers determine it because there is no difference in the support so its as if there is no support, however if 1 of the ppus is missing every heal and every anti buff and the other is hitting every heal and anti buff the guy with the good ppu is going to win, you would need a really awful aim and to basically stand still in order to loose against a guy who basically has no buffs while you're healed.

The same thing happens in OP fights, the side with the best ppus wins. Now I can already see people saying *well thats just you complaining about being bad with ppu* but no this is me saying its ridiculous that 1 character basically decides the fight. You could have some of the best damage dealers in the game against some of the worst but if the good damager dealers in turn had some of the worst ppus in the game and the bad damage dealers had some of the best ppus, chances are the bad people would win.

As such if people are against the removal of the ppu let us discuss a way to properly balance how they affect a fight so that they are worth 1 person not 2 or 3.

One possible solution would be to change it so that ppu buffs are only say 50% as effective against human players when cast on somebody else (the actual number would need to be tweaked with proper testing), this way it wouldn't ruin pve but it would make ppu support a useful thing to have but not the be all and end all.

William Antrim
12-06-13, 23:05
Foreign cast is already weaker than self cast. Thats already in game. This thread should die ideally before someone takes you seriously.

DIABLO666
12-06-13, 23:30
Foreign cast is already weaker than self cast. Thats already in game. This thread should die ideally before someone takes you seriously.

Please stop trolling or don't post, I realise this, it however is not enough or did you decide to ignore everything I said? Or are you going to claim that ppu buffs make no difference at all? Hell this kind of fix could actually help make certain guns and melee more useful as a ppu wouldn't render them worthless.

Saiyuki-
12-06-13, 23:52
Please stop trolling or don't post, I realise this, it however is not enough or did you decide to ignore everything I said? Or are you going to claim that ppu buffs make no difference at all? Hell this kind of fix could actually help make certain guns and melee more useful as a ppu wouldn't render them worthless.

so you're suggesting making ppu shields weaker to "balance" weaker weapons
what the.
please think about the implications of this.........

Load_HeavyLoad
13-06-13, 00:07
i'd like to re-iterate what saiyuki said and to a greater extent reinforce what william say - [ edited ]

DIABLO666
13-06-13, 00:12
You realise saying things like that just makes it look like your scared by a good idea that will make the game harder for you? if it really is such a bad idea you can easily think up counter arguments as to why its bad instead of just throwing around insults like a common troll.

And saiyuki I'm not saying to reduce ppu shields on a ppu just on other people as right now they have far to much of a impact on fights. And no I'm not suggesting this to balance the weaker weapons I'm suggesting it as ppus right now have the biggest impact out of anybody on a fight, 1 ppu is worth about 2 or 3 people in a fight they should be worth 1 person, I mearly mentioned that doing this might also help melee and other such weapons as a possible other benefit. I never said it will balance or fix weaker weapons, just that it could possibly help.

Netphreak
13-06-13, 00:28
While I do find that some fights can just boil down to who brought the most ppu's, I do feel that a simple solution to this is by giving APU's anti buff back and fixing some of their issues.

That promotes people to play and bring apu's to fights, gives them a purpose and also stops the class/spec that can make someone very hard to kill due to buffs and heals, also being the only class that can counter/remove those buffs and heals.

DIABLO666
13-06-13, 01:10
While I do find that some fights can just boil down to who brought the most ppu's, I do feel that a simple solution to this is by giving APU's anti buff back and fixing some of their issues.

That promotes people to play and bring apu's to fights, gives them a purpose and also stops the class/spec that can make someone very hard to kill due to buffs and heals, also being the only class that can counter/remove those buffs and heals.

I suggested this but a clan mate pointed out that if you did this all that would happen is people would kill the apu very quickly and then there would be no de-buffers at all which would actually make things worse. In order for it to work apus would need to be a lot more survivable as if they got anti-buff back people would make sure they go down first which they would cos they are so squishy. And of course this still doesn't fix the issue with ppus being worth 2-3 guys as unless you have a apu with a debuff ppu buffs will still be adding to much.

The real issue is just that ppus give to much of an advantage which right now is making fights more about who has the most / best ppus.

J@ck on Cr@ck
13-06-13, 02:39
Too long didnt read?

My thought exactly!
Diablo you seem to always write a wall of text which, most of the times, is pretty unstructured.
Additionally your recent posts speak for themselves.

Yes PPU can be annoying at times, but thats no reason to remove them. Without them OP fights would be a waste of time. They would be over before they even really started.
I dont like the idea of removing the PPU, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

DIABLO666
13-06-13, 02:45
My thought exactly!
Diablo you seem to always write a wall of text which, most of the times, is pretty unstructured.
Additionally your recent posts speak for themselves.

Yes PPU can be annoying at times, but thats no reason to remove them. Without them OP fights would be a waste of time. They would be over before they even really started.
I dont like the idea of removing the PPU, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

So you want me to just post *get rid of ppus noob!* or something like that with no explanation? its a controversial idea so I thought I'd explain myself properly which takes time. and if you continued to read the thread you would notice I suggested changing the idea to just a fix for them.

As I said but I will reiterate the problem with ppus is they are worth 2 or 3 guys, most fights now are determined by who has the best ppu not the best fighters as there needs to be a pretty big gap in the damage dealers skill to make a difference if 1 ppu is landing every heal and anti buff while the other misses them all.

So basically to sum up, a ppu is worth 2-3 people, no character should be worth 2-3 people just because of their class.

Mortis
13-06-13, 04:53
all those whiners who are scared of changes,
like the idea, op fights would be again more thrilling and would indeed more planning than just hopping into the op

Arista Barret
13-06-13, 06:10
I understand your ideas. Although, the OP war should the definition of PvP. All classes and specs should revolve around this. The ppu brings far greater complexity to the game and therefore has its rightful place currently.

Mortis
13-06-13, 07:36
you think so? i guess nobody has enough creative power in his brain here to imagine how complex op wars would be without ppu's

William Antrim
13-06-13, 07:49
There are lots of games without ppus in combat. They are called fps games. I have played plenty and love them. Nc is not an fps game. Removing ppus is the worst idea going.

Fremen
13-06-13, 08:25
Give debuffs to APU = Problem solved !

Mortis
13-06-13, 08:41
There are lots of games without ppus in combat. They are called fps games. I have played plenty and love them. Nc is not an fps game. Removing ppus is the worst idea going.

fps? you know what FPS MEANS? FIRST PERSON SHOOTER?
guess what, youre dumb, sorry

and the problem wont be solved, cuz going into wastes isnt so terrifying, you can do probably the most stuff without ppu
neocron world isnt dangerous, maybe thats why its so boring sometimes

Load_HeavyLoad
13-06-13, 08:54
[ edited ] he's referring to the FPS genre of games - CS etc (although there are medic classes in some none are like a ppu)

Mortis
13-06-13, 09:04
[ edited ]he's referring to the FPS genre of games - CS etc (although there are medic classes in some none are like a ppu)

so big rage, i see youre on of the "old" players, you should know better

eNTi
13-06-13, 09:21
Give debuffs to APU = Problem solved !
what does this solve exactly?

Load_HeavyLoad
13-06-13, 09:53

reduces ppus necessary and increases amount of APUs

Netphreak
13-06-13, 09:58

PPU's from being the most vital class, as they can buff and heal people but are also the only class who can remove such buffs.

Alsoif APU's having anti buff makes them the most targeted class then that mean their friends and PPU needs go work together to protect them.
Alters the dynamic somewhat.

The Red Guy
13-06-13, 10:11
Melee dmg reduces shield buffs. Now that would stir things up :D

eNTi
13-06-13, 10:47
reduces ppus necessary and increases amount of APUs
i'd counter that with even more ppus that can re-shield people fast enough so that apus are basically glass cannon antis. they will do nothing BUT anti all the time and that won't last long, because they will fall like flies.

i'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but i honestly don't see the meta game shifting into a favorable direction with this change.

evs
13-06-13, 13:31
not quite sure if you thought that through.

Worked fine in earlier neocron and ppu's were even more daft then.
It meant that you had to have a ppu keeping up your apu whilst the anti was being cast and your team focus firing down those chasing the apu as well. If they made the anti run-castable as well then it would be even better.

eNTi
13-06-13, 13:39
Worked fine in earlier neocron and ppu's were even more daft then.
It meant that you had to have a ppu keeping up your apu whilst the anti was being cast and your team focus firing down those chasing the apu as well. If they made the anti run-castable as well then it would be even better.
iirc in earlier nc apus where pretty much capable in looking after themselves.

Ascension
13-06-13, 14:13
iirc in earlier nc apus where pretty much capable in looking after themselves.

Yes and no, they were a lot less fragile lets put it that way. However, they were also able to survive longer as you had a better chance of being able to kill your attacker, rather than fizzling or waiting for the atrocious frequency of the 'rare' spells.

DIABLO666
13-06-13, 14:40
As has been said the problem with giving apus the anti buff is that they would just become the main target again and they already drop in seconds even with ppu buffs. They could test this when titan comes out I guess but all I suspect giving apus the anti buff would do is make it so the person who can anti buff dies quickly so nobody can anti-buff making ppus even more powerful.

The issue is how potent a ppus buffs are right now and as such they determine who wins the fight pretty much. I gave the example earlier of a 2v2 fight 1 ppu and 1 damage dealer on each side. Who determines who wins this fight? the ppu does cos if you have the awful ppu who can't land a heal or a debuff you've lost. Admittedly if the debuff was moved to the apu this would make the issue a bit better as it would just be constant healing though this would also make the ppu a more boring class.

The other thing is that while the issue should also be looked at as if there was nobody with a debuff at a fight, in that case should a ppus buffs be so powerful? The answer for me is no, right now ppu buffs on other people are just to potent, I know they already affect other people less but personally if people don't want the ppu removed they should at least have their buffs have even less of an effect on other people to bring their power more in line.

Basically what I'm hoping for is a world where in a 2v2 fight, 1 side have 2 damage dealers the other having a ppu and a damage dealer either side could win. In the current climate the side with the ppu will win except under extreme circumstances such as the 2 enemy damage dealer hitting almost all the time while the 1 on the side of the ppu always misses.

Ascension
13-06-13, 16:17
As has been said the problem with giving apus the anti buff is that they would just become the main target again and they already drop in seconds even with ppu buffs. They could test this when titan comes out I guess but all I suspect giving apus the anti buff would do is make it so the person who can anti buff dies quickly so nobody can anti-buff making ppus even more powerful.

The issue is how potent a ppus buffs are right now and as such they determine who wins the fight pretty much. I gave the example earlier of a 2v2 fight 1 ppu and 1 damage dealer on each side. Who determines who wins this fight? the ppu does cos if you have the awful ppu who can't land a heal or a debuff you've lost. Admittedly if the debuff was moved to the apu this would make the issue a bit better as it would just be constant healing though this would also make the ppu a more boring class.

The other thing is that while the issue should also be looked at as if there was nobody with a debuff at a fight, in that case should a ppus buffs be so powerful? The answer for me is no, right now ppu buffs on other people are just to potent, I know they already affect other people less but personally if people don't want the ppu removed they should at least have their buffs have even less of an effect on other people to bring their power more in line.

Basically what I'm hoping for is a world where in a 2v2 fight, 1 side have 2 damage dealers the other having a ppu and a damage dealer either side could win. In the current climate the side with the ppu will win except under extreme circumstances such as the 2 enemy damage dealer hitting almost all the time while the 1 on the side of the ppu always misses.

APU's are usually first down anyway as they're so fragile now, the threat of holy pestilence in an Op war situation has to be eradicated as quickly as its pretty potent. That is the only time when playing APU that I feel remotely powerful, as all my other offensive spells aren't so offensive any more.

As an APU back in the day, it was always the case, however they used to be able to take more of a beating, but then it used to be shelter/deflector and anti heal didn't exist.

eNTi
13-06-13, 16:34
this. that's the best example es to why ppus are op. they are imba. that's why even the worst of pvp games wow has a better class balance than neocron. the only other option would be to give every OTHER class than ppu antis. ofc they cries in the forums are loud if someone calls for the removal of ppus in their current form. they will miss their godlike characters!

Doc Holliday
14-06-13, 08:49
Skill makes up a lot more of the imbalance in this game than in wow (imo). Just because some players cannot coordinate very well or dont communicate well doesnt mean stuff should get nerfed.

Yes if your facing a ppu army this isnt fair but right now having trolled through this entire thread i think you are all mixing up to inherently different issues. The power of the ppu vs the antibuff to the apu.

The counterarguements are flawed in giving back the antibuff to the apu. They are based on right now and the current state of the apu. Yet you are at the same time imagining the changes to be made when you have not considered the key issue which is how could the apu be changed so that he isnt too brittle and dies fast.

Class balance is a much bigger issue. This thread has become convoluted and blurred the lines between discussion that it needs to be paired down and reevaluated. Too many ideas being spouted that may or not be the best ideas.

In nc1 the monk was stronger. Fact. During the Summer (northern hemisphere) of 2005 the game was awash with monkocron. Apu/ppu teams at EVERY op fight.

I DO NOT want to go back that. So how do you counter this one first of all. Well heres a fucking cool idea. Give the Antibuff to the APU and the PE. He has the 2nd best psi in the game and hes really a utility char. Why not allow him to (if specced correctly) use an antibuff too. Or a better db or both. Its yet another idea to be brought to the table.

As for removing ppus. I keep reading but im not seeing any really strong suggestions for doing this. I think its stupid and should not be ever implemented. Some people love to play the ppu. It would take away another aspect of some peoples games. So its a big fat no from me.

Look at ways of balancing it all (IN LINE with all the other balancing) and im happy to contribute. Dont remove a class for the sake of it because you cant think of a better way to do it.

Some of you could do with a history lesson. Monkocron was very real and while there was a lot wrong with it there was also some very good points to be taken from it. PPUS could, at least, be more easily be killed but there was too much emphasis on the monk teams that ran around forsaking other classes. Im no proponent of going back to those days but on the flip side at least the apu wasnt as bad as it is now and people didnt cry saying ppus are godlike because they cant beat them for example.

im half expecting a thread to pop up saying bring back shitbuffing and parashock next.

Gashmore
14-06-13, 09:04
I think theyre too intergrated into the game to remove now

eNTi
14-06-13, 09:35
The counterarguements are flawed in giving back the antibuff to the apu. They are based on right now and the current state of the apu. Yet you are at the same time imagining the changes to be made when you have not considered the key issue which is how could the apu be changed so that he isnt too brittle and dies fast.

i've written down some ideas how to rework psi to allow for a fairer class balance in the "ideas for apus thread". i'm all against giving the apu antis back. i still think that will not work as some people intend it to. atm psi is lackluster for any other class than monk. i can't believe that was ever the intention. this can be seen especially on the tank who was striped of psi altogether. the introduction of the tradeskill gloves and especially nanites made it even less interesting to use low psi. low and mid psi needs buffing. but that's far from all that needs to change. even the pe with his limited ability to dip into mid level psi is best served by putting every last point into psi resist.

if you think of it, i wonder what kk was trying to do when they implemented psi in the first place. i mean i guess they tried to capture the spirit of shadowrun and utterly failed when one op build after another broke class balance to the point where they basically removed psi from all classes but the monk. the results is a completely broken pvp game evolving around who's got the better ppus.

yes you can outsmart people and yes you can be more skillful, but what if i'm not? i'm not a good pvp player and yet i want to take part without having to resort to using a rifle spy or a ppu, because everyone else is basically shafted. this is especially true in op fights. wherever ppus appear the meta game shifts from player skill to #ppus and their skill.

ppus should be a support class that brings value to a fight and not be the end of all means. i don't think this is possible without shafting the profession to the point where no one cares to play one any more. much like it happened with the apu. psi is a poorly integrated game feature and it needs a rework badly.

merging apu+ppu, buffing low/mid level ppu, nerfing high level ppu, buffing and diversifying apu. then let tanks use low level psi. spies low+some mid level and pes low, mid, and some high level psi stuff. that would be a start.

Torg
18-06-13, 14:32
dont remove the ppu please. instead, add some int-based tools to buff and heal others, for use by spys, pe's and apus. just to level the field more evenly.

seriously. technical ("quantum"?) heals an buffs, ruled by INT and maybe WEP.

Khorwin
18-06-13, 22:23
OMG!!!!!

Did you read the things you write before posting.
Removing PPU!!!!!!!! Giving other classes buff shields and heal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's everybody being Hybrid!! So that, we won't care of playing any class (they will all have the same features).
NO!!!!!! Never!!!!
PPU is what make neocron different from a classical FPS. There is actualy an issu with PPU, they are to usefull in fight, that's right.

But the fact is that PPU should not HAB, this is the APU's duty. Some people say APU will be focused, I was playing and still play apu. From the start of NC1 to now days APU are the first focused, so when you play apu you know that your time could be short.

Let's imagine an OP fight, you are apu, you try to hide with the PPU of your team, try to find enemy's apu. You spot one, start an HAB. You are sure that your HAB is good, you take fire apo and start to kill the openent.
Now just think of it. If a PPU HAB you, he need friends dps to kill you, with apu this is not the same, he HAB you then start to kill you on his own, he is didn't need focus. That's what used to make apu strong. In neocron you were fighting to protect your HAB (Apu), and try to kill enemy's ones. That's what make the fight interesant. It's not just a question of number, if you better protect your apu you will win. Actualy the HAB don't need protection because the ppu got every AB.

PPU must be hard to kill, unless they will be impossible to play. In my opinion, a ppu may be killed buy 3 or 4 attakers with one that could HAB.