PDA

View Full Version : Client-side Leg Damage Glitch

Vyxx
07-06-13, 21:46
Hi everyone,

I don’t usually post on the forums, but something in this game really irritates me and I was wondering if others felt the same.

Client-side character slowness due to leg damage needs to go. Let me illustrate:

You have 1k hp. Someone shoots a CS burst at your legs. Your real hp is 950, but client side, it says your hp is 600. As a result, you move really slowly, as if you had taken 400 damage to your legs. For the few seconds the client updates with the server, you’re moving extremely slowly, making yourself an easy target for more damage.

I don’t know if this is a problem for European players, but those of us in the US and elsewhere with 150-200+ pings, it can take a few good seconds for the client to update, making PVP during peak hours pretty irritating.

I don’t think we’ll be able to fix the bouncing hp anytime soon, but I would be extremely grateful if they removed the client making such decisions. The server, not my dumb laggy client, should be making me run slow.

Thanks for reading.

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 02:11
If this is indeed happening it certainly needs to be fixed, I've not been paying attention for this though now I shall but it sounds like a major issue as that second or 2 of ultra slowness could be all the time the enemy needs to pure a few more shots in your legs to keep you that slow for good then finish you off. Also it gives certain guns that shoot quickly but get the affect of this bug a huge advantage, never a good thing.

Doc Holliday
08-06-13, 13:36
I have personally hated the slowing legs thing since its implementation. however. it has its uses. With the speed cap it could certainly be argued to be removed again.

I also feel that falling damage should be turned off. Runners are using endoskeletons (internal ones right?) as implants cyberneticly so they shouldnt be suffering from fall damage IMO.

Bozz-Von Mel
08-06-13, 20:34
I have personally hated the slowing legs thing since its implementation. however. it has its uses. With the speed cap it could certainly be argued to be removed again.

I also feel that falling damage should be turned off. Runners are using endoskeletons (internal ones right?) as implants cyberneticly so they shouldnt be suffering from fall damage IMO.

Yeah, or resist force to reduce it.

William Antrim
08-06-13, 21:20
Falling damage needs to be toned right down. But that needs its own thread tbh.

The Red Guy
08-06-13, 21:42

nothing to add. (except maybe just lower falling dmg)

yavimaya
09-06-13, 02:46
yea, its basically been done already i guess, but i was just going to point out for anyone who wants to test this, it can be done with falling damage, no need to get yourself shot.

I get this all the time when jumping off buildings in plaza 1.